Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 19th, 2007, 07:58 AM
First Mate

Default Place to leave things while on excursions?

My wife and I waill be taking a kayaking<sp?> excursion as well as the 'baths' excursion. Is there a secure place provided to leave your belongings while you're out in the water? Seems odd if they make you carry dry clothes, shoes, towels, etc with you out into the water, especially if you go SCUBA diving...
Old September 19th, 2007, 03:44 PM
First Mate

I can't speak for all excursions but here's what I've experienced.

If you are going by bus somewhere, you can leave your stuff on the bus because they lock it.

If you are going on a boat somewhere, they provide water proof plastic containers to put your stuff in to keep it dry while you snorkel/swim.

You can also ask at the excursion information desk once you're on the ship or if you are booking from home, post a message about the specific tour. You can also ask the CD when they do the excursion talk on the 1st sea day.

I didn't know what was going to happen when we went cave tubing but I found out everything I needed once on the ship. In that case, we were able to rent water shoes and rent a locker if needed, or keep our stuff on the bus.

Carnival - Spirit: Alaska (August 8, 2007)
Carnival - Miracle: Exotic Western Caribbean (April 9, 2006)
Royal Caribbean - Explorer of the Seas: Eastern Caribbean (January 2005)
Old September 19th, 2007, 05:36 PM
Admiral

That depends upon where you are going. I don't know if the Baths have lockers or not. The only two places we received urgent warnings not to leave our personal belongings unattended was in St. Croix and Jamaica.