CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Carnival Cruise Lines (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/)
-   -   Taking alcohol onto the ship (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/340572-taking-alcohol-onto-ship.html)

rlinsc October 1st, 2007 04:36 PM

Taking alcohol onto the ship

I am cruising out of Miami on Carnival Victory. I plan on packing some alcohol in my luggage. Has anyone ever had problems doing this? Do they ever search your luggage?

splitz October 1st, 2007 04:42 PM

I know they don't let you walk in with open bottles of "ice tea" I had a bottle of "ice tea" that was open and the lady said I couldn't take it through the security checkpoint. She said I had to drink it or pitch it, so I tried to drink it...it was straight Jack...I failed.

Ferquan October 1st, 2007 05:28 PM

As long as you don't bring enough booze to host an animal house party, you can usually get your personal stash on board. Use plastic bottles with padding around them and pack it in your CHECKED baggage. Anything you have in your carry-on luggage will probably get confiscated.

Be cool and you'll be okay.

adub013 March 29th, 2013 11:44 AM

what do you mean by plastic bottles with padding? also what do you mean by checked baggage? like n a plain it is stored that is why it is checked whats the point of checking the bag for the ship?

Trip March 29th, 2013 01:41 PM

Don't be surprised or embarrassed when they stop you...they have seen it all.

seadog2 March 29th, 2013 01:53 PM

They still check checked luggage too. On one of our cruises my bags weren't delivered to our cabin because "something" in a bottle was seen by the x-ray machine. They thought I was "smuggling" alcohol in my bags. I went down to security and they asked permission to search my bag and I said yes. Turned out to be a bottle of hair conditioner my wife had packed.

briguy March 29th, 2013 06:08 PM

This thread was posted 6 years ago. Things are much tighter than the old days. I went many years without getting caught smuggling. Last year I finally was busted. Now I don't want the hassle. Order the booze pre cruise or buy single drinks on board. The hassle isn't worth it.

Dave Beers March 29th, 2013 08:03 PM

Another ancient thread brought back to life by a new member not realizing the age of the original post.

Indeed, things are tighter these days. Just the other day Princess started rigorous enforcement by not only confiscating liquor but also disposing of it by pouring down a drain and returning the empty bottles to the guests on embarkation day. This was on Golden Princess. Lots of upset people.

Manuel March 30th, 2013 05:45 AM

On the bright side, It will cost a little more but there is plenty of booze aboard the ship.

TM

poftravel March 30th, 2013 07:35 AM

I wonder if these people bring bottles of booze to a bar or restaurant when they are at home? Carnival offers maybe legal drink options, try to pick one!

naturist March 30th, 2013 04:57 PM

I used to always put a 12 pack of beer in my checked bags, and for maybe 30 cruises I never had a problem. Last Dec. on Princess and again on Carnival last month I was asked to come down to security to open my bags. They x-ray everything now and all I was asked to do was open and empty out the cans. Oh well, Its back to buying ther $5.00 beer again.

bjyoung November 12th, 2013 11:16 AM

I know that this is an old thread but stumbled on this in the Carnival FAQ page. Carnival allows one 750ml bottle of wine per person in your carry on luggage, to be served in the dining room with $10 uncorking fee per bottle.

ToAdam12 November 23rd, 2013 11:42 PM

It's called Rum Runner flasks. I suggest you google it and use them. They do work.

ToAdam12 November 24th, 2013 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by poftravel (Post 1468804)
I wonder if these people bring bottles of booze to a bar or restaurant when they are at home? Carnival offers maybe legal drink options, try to pick one!

Congratulations on being "THAT GUY"

Sticc0 November 25th, 2013 02:30 AM

listerine bottles and food coloring =).......