Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 14th, 2008, 05:03 PM
Admiral

Default Early booking and quarantee cabins

For those of you who are "experienced" cruisers I have a question. I want to book our next cruise soon which won't be until November of 2009. If I book a guarantee cat. 8-B this far out, what are the chances of being upgraded to at least a cat 8-C closer to cruise time? There are not a lot of 8-B, about 70. This would be on the Legend. I would book an obstructed view, but afraid that is exactly what I would end up with and I don't want that. Does booking this far out help? Thanks.

Need some cruise help?
Sponsored Links
Old February 14th, 2008, 06:10 PM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

Your question has often been up for debate. It depends on so many things. Like if there are groups of people who want to be together. How full the ship is at the time of placement, etc.

I have found and read that the only reason to book early is when you want a particular cabin that sales out quicker than others, and sometimes the price might be lower, but not always.

I hope that helps.
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old February 16th, 2008, 02:49 PM
Captain

I guess Id book a 8A guarantee and hope for a decent upgrade. Closer to the Nov 2009 date you want, they will be offering 2 category free upgrades if you have cruised Carnival before, but the prices might be up. Im a gambler, but if you want a 8B or higher, then Id pick a after balcony with a deeper balcony or something special, I wouldnt book the guarantee with the 8B, just me. This far in advance there should still be some special balconys not booked.

Im sure glad I didnt wait to book in advance, all my Carnival cruises are a lot more expensive now.
Old February 16th, 2008, 03:38 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to cherylroy

I always book in advance - for several reasons - the upgrade (I have always gotten good upgrades when booking gty and the price is locked in. If it lowers, your price will lower also, but it WONT go up. Its everyones preference I guess. I just like to see it booked and have something to look forward to and gives me more time to save for cruise and excursion. :-) I have one booked in May 09, but I wanted a aft cabin, so I booked early for that reason.
Old February 16th, 2008, 03:38 PM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via AIM to Shirley Jones

Quote:
Originally Posted by flowers
I guess Id book a 8A guarantee and hope for a decent upgrade. Closer to the Nov 2009 date you want, they will be offering 2 category free upgrades if you have cruised Carnival before, but the prices might be up. Im a gambler, but if you want a 8B or higher, then Id pick a after balcony with a deeper balcony or something special, I wouldnt book the guarantee with the 8B, just me. This far in advance there should still be some special balconys not booked.

Im sure glad I didnt wait to book in advance, all my Carnival cruises are a lot more expensive now.
My sis did a guarantee 6a and that's what she has on conquest on bottom floor so be prepared thats the room you mayl recieve , we booked 9 mos.in advance
Conquest 3/10
Ecstasy 6/11
Magic 11/11
Old February 16th, 2008, 05:47 PM
Captain

[quote]Balconys dont start on the bottom deck, so Id be fine with a 8A, but if the OP wants only a 8B or up, then they should book it by all means.

I said "I" would be happy with a 8A, that's just me. I dont care to be on the bottom deck, but luckily you wouldnt be there with a 8A. I also said if I was paying for a 8B Id pick a aft cabin, hopefully some are left rather than the guarantee this far in advance. Id look first at what's available.
Old February 16th, 2008, 05:48 PM
Admiral

I wouldn't book a guarantee for any lower than the least I would settle for. If I book a guarentee cat 8-B then I know if I don't get upgraded then I am fine with what I have in that catagory. I thought by booking WAY early with a cat 8-B, then maybe as more people want that cat. then I will be bumped up, but if not then I am happy with what I get. I wouldn't book guarantee 6A expecting to get upgraded to 8B. It happens, but it would never happen to ME!!

Need some cruise help?