Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 6th, 2008, 10:48 PM
Beginner

Default Room above a lounge?????????

We are sailing on the Glory on 4/26. We are scheduled for a room on the upper deck which has the aft lounge directly below it. Does anyone have experience with this type of thing? Will we hear a lot of noise? The other option is way up high on the ship and very close to the front. I am pretty sure that you would feel a lot of movement in that room and I am not sure that that is a better option. Thanks in advance.
Sponsored Links
Old March 7th, 2008, 07:36 AM
Captain

TropicalPat;
We were in 6454 on the Glory in Feb. of 07. We did experience some noise from the lounge very late at night. They had Karaoke until about 1 am every night. You could hear a din , but was very loud in the halls. We still enjoyed this cabin for the view with the balcony, and would stay in it again given the opportunity. It all depends on when you want to go to bed, and how much noise really bothers you.
It all boils down to preferences.
Enjoy the Glory, we sure did.

Gary
Glory Western 2-07
Ecstasy 01-08
Ecstasy Feb. 1st. & Feb. 6th. 2010 B to B
Freedom 12-12-10
Freedom 09-24-11
Triumph 09-10-12
Triumph 09-15-12
Triumph 09-23-13
Triumph 09-28-13

Old March 8th, 2008, 06:25 PM
Passenger

Default One bad night in cabin 6434

We were on the Glory in 2/04 in cabin 6434 and most nights we had no trouble. We don't get into bed until 1 or 2 am.

There was one night in the middle of the cruise when the lounge below us was closed (we were right above the stage) but the band decided to practice the song "Wake up Little Susie" over and over again. Then they plugged in their amplifier and kept replaying the song. I couldn't take it anymore after and hour I had to call and ask them to please unplug the amps or I was going to have to come downstairs and kill Little Susie, lol .

Good Luck
Old March 8th, 2008, 07:37 PM
First Mate

Default Re: One bad night in cabin 6434

Quote:
Originally Posted by icamcoh
We were on the Glory in 2/04 in cabin 6434 and most nights we had no trouble. We don't get into bed until 1 or 2 am.

There was one night in the middle of the cruise when the lounge below us was closed (we were right above the stage) but the band decided to practice the song "Wake up Little Susie" over and over again. Then they plugged in their amplifier and kept replaying the song. I couldn't take it anymore after and hour I had to call and ask them to please unplug the amps or I was going to have to come downstairs and kill Little Susie, lol .

Good Luck
that woul drive me insane!! i'm a very light sleeper

"Cruises will create some of the best memories of your life"
Future Cruises-
Coral Princess
Past Cruises-
Carnival Liberty Spring Break 2008
Carnival Legend October 2007
Old March 8th, 2008, 11:34 PM
Captain

i dunno what to tell you, i always attempt to go mid ship between floors if possible, or in the bowels lol. I like it in the pit I think noise like that would make me insane....tho i was just under the lido deck pool area on the conquest and i never heard the chairs scraping that i heard i would, so who knows