Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 26th, 2008, 04:48 PM
Passenger

Default DINNER QUESTION

This is my 1st cruise, and I have a question about when u eat dinner. If I want to eat dinner at a solo table with me and boyfriend, by a window who do I speak to about it? Do I make that request when 1st boarding the ship when they confirm my dining time?

[url=http://www.caribbeanmag.com/search/hotels/Bahamas/sunrisebeachclub/hotel/647/15/]Sunrise Beach Club: Bahamas Resort[/url
Sponsored Links
Old March 26th, 2008, 04:58 PM
First Mate

To change your dining arrangements, see the Maitre'd as soon as you board the ship. If he manages to do what you want, you might want to make sure to tip him.

Having said that, very few (large) ships have tables for two, and those that do seldom put them by a window. While it's nice to be intimate, we enjoy sitting at larger tables with strangers (that become new friends).
Old March 26th, 2008, 05:05 PM
Admiral

And depending on which seating you choose, you won't be able to see anything out the window.

Life is too short to let the ship of your dreams sail without you.

Carnival Destiny Feb. 2006
Carnival Fascination Feb. 2007
Royal Caribbean Grandeur of the Seas Feb. 2008 The DTW & MsBJ tour
Carnival Valor MsBJ and Dina Feb. 2009
Carnival Glory MsBJ and Dina Feb. 2010
Carnival Dream MsBJ and Dina Feb. 2011
Old March 26th, 2008, 05:21 PM
Captain

Default Re: DINNER QUESTION

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewCruiserUser8686
This is my 1st cruise, and I have a question about when u eat dinner. If I want to eat dinner at a solo table with me and boyfriend, by a window who do I speak to about it? Do I make that request when 1st boarding the ship when they confirm my dining time?
On our last cruise, there were a few couples with tables for 2. As some of the others have posted, they aren't always in an ideal spot in the dining room. Alot of them tend to be near the back or close to the kitchen. It didn't look as romantic as you might think...In fact, most looked a little out of place. Getting to know others at your table is one of the highlights of the cruise...But of course, it's up to you.
Old March 27th, 2008, 05:16 PM
Captain

Most of the tables for 2 that I have seen do appear to be in odd places and usually it seems that they are in the traffic pattern of the wait staff. We too enjoy sitting at a large table of 8 to 10 people and have (so far) been fortunate in being seated with nice people. In fact we still stay in touch with a few of them.

For those "intimate" times on the ship, why not get up early and find a small table on deck or two lounge chairs in an out of way area of the ship and watch the sunrise, or even the sunset. If you have a balcony, there is no better place to have a quiet time with just the two of you. You can also find some small tables in the various lounges on the ship, as well as on the promenade deck.
2005 Holiday, Sensation, Conquest,
2006 Conquest, Celebration, Holiday,
2007 Freedom Grand Med, Holiday
2008 Fantasy & Sensation,
2009 Fantasy, Holiday & Dream Grand Med
2010 Fantasy and B2B Elation
2011 Monarch of the Seas
2012 Booked - Breeze from Barcelona 12 days
Old March 27th, 2008, 08:16 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Request the table with yout travel agent, there are not many "twos", and not by the windows:(

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old March 27th, 2008, 10:08 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Ro

We always request a table for two and all have been wonderful. The last cruise on the Sensation I asked for a table for two for my sister and myself and they placed us out in the boom docks and it turned out to be one of the most fun places we have ever sat. The staff was wonderful and they danced all over the place while they picked up orders so we felt like we were at a party all thru dinner.

Inspiration-2004, 2005, 2009
Glory- 4/26/2009
Sensation -4/2007, 10/2009
2/2010 & 11/3/2011