Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 18th, 2008, 05:45 PM
Passenger

Default bottle water allowed?

Hi we will be sailing in 13 days on the inspiration and can not wait! But I am a water person and i just was looking and it was said that you can not bring water on board is this true????

Free Cruise Clocks
Sponsored Links
Old April 18th, 2008, 07:22 PM
Admiral

You Can Bring water on board.
56 Carnival: Mardi Gras, Ecstasy X2, Fascination X6, Celebration, Elation X5, Glory X5, Fantasy X4, Valor, Holiday X3, Imagination, Liberty, Spirit X2, Freedom, Destiny X2, Splendor X2, Dream X2, Conquest, Legend X3, Victory, Sensation, Paradise, Inspiration, Magic X2, Triumph, Miracle X2, Breeze, Sunshine X3
7 Norwegian: Sky, Jewel, Dawn, Epic, Pearl, Breakaway, Getaway
7 Windjammer: S/V Legacy X3, S/V Polynesia, S/V Caledonia, S/V Diamant, S/V Sagitta
HAL Statendam
Old April 18th, 2008, 07:47 PM
Administrator
Admiral

You can bring a reasonable supply of water onboard.

May I suggest that you bring a water bottle onboard and use the ship's water. The reverse osmosis system that the ship uses to desalinate water provides a quality of water that is equal or better than most bottled waters. Just fill up your water bottle and save some money and hassle.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old April 18th, 2008, 09:28 PM
Passenger

Thanks!!! 8)

Free Cruise Clocks
Old April 18th, 2008, 09:56 PM
Admiral

We have taken a case onboard before. But, it has to be taken onboard at the original port, not one of the stops.

Cruised more times than I can remember.

Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Courage and perserverance have a magical talisman; before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish into the air.

Pick your company wisely! Hang around people who are going to help you become all God created you to be.
Old April 18th, 2008, 11:01 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Ro

We took a case of 12 regular size bottles on the Inspiration both times. On the Sensation we took 6 large bottles and this time for the Glory I have a case of 12 regular size bottles to take onboard. My big suitcase is always so heavy going on and light coming off. I also take a 12 pack of diet pepsi and four bottles of fine wine.

Inspiration-2004, 2005, 2009
Glory- 4/26/2009
Sensation -4/2007, 10/2009
2/2010 & 11/3/2011
Old April 19th, 2008, 08:46 AM
Passenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by mehawk
We have taken a case onboard before. But, it has to be taken onboard at the original port, not one of the stops.
Great news - I presume it too (the case of water) needs a luggage tag or does it need to be inside luggage? THANKS!

Free Cruise Clocks
Old April 19th, 2008, 10:00 AM
Admiral

I would just carry it in my arms while embarking. What we did though, took up a lot of luggage space by placing the case in a suitcase. It could have been damaged by the handlers and leaked on our other luggage but we were just fortunate. I have witnessed the carrying of a case in arms.

Cruised more times than I can remember.

Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Courage and perserverance have a magical talisman; before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish into the air.

Pick your company wisely! Hang around people who are going to help you become all God created you to be.
Old April 19th, 2008, 10:24 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Ro

Like i said above I take water, soda and wine on board in my checked bag. I wrap it all up in bubble wrap and put in a heavy plastic bag and seal it so if it does open up accidently it will not ruin my clothes and belongings. But it sure does weigh down my bag and sometimes I think what people suggest here to drink the ships water might be an easier thing to do at least in the back dept because you have to drag that bag with all that weight until the porter takes it on the ship. I can feel my SI joint hurting already for my cruise next week with what I put in my bag.

Inspiration-2004, 2005, 2009
Glory- 4/26/2009
Sensation -4/2007, 10/2009
2/2010 & 11/3/2011
Old April 20th, 2008, 04:16 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to cherylroy

I get water from Kentwood by the case of 24 16 oz bottles. Can this be bought on board? I have tried the water on the ship - cant hang with it! Where do you find the actually policy on what you can bring on board as far as drinks/water/wine etc?