Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 26th, 2008, 03:24 PM
Captain

Default There is NOTHING better in the world then a WINTER CRUISE

My favorite thing ever....getting on a ship wearing a coat and freezing, but getting up wearing shorts and a bathing suit. Amazing!

Not to mention not sweating and miserable in ports of call! We never saw an 85 degree day, even in Cozumel!
Sponsored Links
Old August 26th, 2008, 03:35 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

For those who have no travel issues, like yourself, I totally agree. I am going on the bloggers cruise in Feb, and already I am quaking in my boots..I am not a good flyer anyway, and I have flown in January..but when I just think, February..oy!

I selected the flight to New Orleans, that hugged the coast as long as possible before it turned inland.....The thought of me flying into the midwest, to then go south, was not an option in my mind..Once there I am fine, but towards the end of the cruise, the mind goes to flying home, and thinking about the possibility of a blizzard....another oy...

Maybe I should move:) but I have to say, when I fly...I dress for where I am going..the jacket will be packed, or in the car of whomever picks us up.brrrr

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old August 26th, 2008, 04:21 PM
Beginner

Default Re: There is NOTHING better in the world then a WINTER CRUIS

Quote:
Originally Posted by nurseypoo5
My favorite thing ever....getting on a ship wearing a coat and freezing, but getting up wearing shorts and a bathing suit. Amazing!

Not to mention not sweating and miserable in ports of call! We never saw an 85 degree day, even in Cozumel!
Well I guess I'm getting ready to find out. My 1st family cruise on Carnival- Holiday 12/20/08 five day cruise. To Progreso & Cozumel. We can't wait to be on the beach while everyone back home will be in the Christmas rush, freezings their butts off.
Old August 26th, 2008, 05:00 PM
Passenger

I agree!!! We have vacationed in December for the past 9 years and I love it! We started off spending a week in Puerto Vallarta, then a few years later we went to Montego Bay Jamaica for 2 years in a row and then we started cruising in 06 and have done it ever since. We are in Chicago so we do leave cold and sometimes snowy weather and I love coming home with a nice suntan for Christmas!!! It seems to aggrevate our youngest daughter the most... but we do look the best in pictures!
That too is the reason we leave a day earlier than the cruise, just so we do not get delayed because of the weather.

Deb
Glory - 2006
Liberty - 2007
Pride - 9/28/08 - 30th anniversary
Miracle - 12/7/08
Old August 26th, 2008, 05:06 PM
Admiral

I cannot disagree with that!

Cruised more times than I can remember.

Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Courage and perserverance have a magical talisman; before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish into the air.

Pick your company wisely! Hang around people who are going to help you become all God created you to be.
Old August 26th, 2008, 07:21 PM
Cruise Maniac

I am so GLAD to hear this . This Dec will be our first winter cruise we will be on the Fantasy.
To top off being able to get away from the cold for a week we saved alot of money booking a cruise in Dec.

June 2007 Fantasy
December 2008 Fantasy
Old August 26th, 2008, 08:17 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to misguidedangel

Yes, I agree throwing the heavy winter coat aside for a tank top and shorts all day (even at 11pm at night) is a wonderful thing. We went in February and the week before we left the temp dipped to -38 to -39C. Yes, it was cold and I was wearing two layers and still freezing...We left wearing light summer jackets and it was a wee nippy (a balmy -25C) and got ot Galveston and got the capri's on, but it was a wee chilly so we needed jackets, but not embarkation day--sunny and warm!!!

1991 Holiday
2007 Victory & Triumph
2008 Conquest & Liberty
2009 Valor, Freedom, and Splendor
2010 Glory and Liberty
2011 Glory

I gotta go where it's warm.....

Over 40 victim of fate.....
Old August 26th, 2008, 10:01 PM
First Mate

After 28 years of working around a traditional school schedule, I am looking ahead to the days when I am retired and we can do a winter cruise. Luckily the weather in western Colorado isn't as frigid as it was in Minnesota where I grew up.

Enjoy your winter tan.

jojo
Old August 27th, 2008, 01:01 AM
Admiral

Absolutely positively ! It has been one of the joys of my life over the past many years to leave on a day when the wind chill is in the minus numbers and the wind is whipping off the North Atlantic to get out of a plane in South Florida among the palm trees and head for the ship to head further south. The time factor is one of the reasons I cannot bring myself to take a cruise out of the metro NY area in the winter. I don't want to waste two days each way in the fridge !
Adventure Of The Seas-05
Navigator Of The Seas-04
Carnival Paradise-04
Carnival Pride-03
Sea Princess-02
Soverign Of The Seas-02
Carnival Imagination-01
Carnival Destiny-00
Carnival Fascination-97
Big Red Boat-93
Nordic Prince-82
Old August 27th, 2008, 02:14 AM
First Mate

The last winter cruise for us was last Thanksgiving of 2007 and every port was shorts and t-shirts. It was great.
Old August 27th, 2008, 07:48 AM
Cruise Maniac

I couldn't agree more. That is why most of my cruises are in rthe winter... and I live in the south!!!!!

Conquest 6/05
Triumph 2/06
Holiday 5/06
Miracle 2/07
Glory 6/07
Holiday 2/08
Holiday 2/08 (B2B)
Legend 1/09
Spirit 5/09
Holiday 8/09
Triumph 12/09
Valor 5/10
Old August 27th, 2008, 08:19 AM
Admiral

I live in CT and would not cruise out of NYC in the winter. Too cold to be on deck. Bob
Old August 27th, 2008, 09:36 AM
Admiral

Flying home from a Christmas cruise I couldn't figure out what that white stuff on the ground was - oh yeah snow.

A Bad Day At Sea [with power] Always Beats A Good Day At Work
Carnival: Glory 2004, Destiny 2008, Splendor 2009, Freedom 2011, Valor 2012, Dream 2013
Celebrity: Summit 2011
Princess: Ruby 2010, 2014, Caribbean 2013, Coral 2014
Old August 28th, 2008, 09:53 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Cruznut2 Send a message via Yahoo to Cruznut2

I lived in NH for many years and flew from Boston to my cruise many times. It was always the best feeling to get off a plane in warm sunny Florida. Going home was always difficult though. I hate the cold. Finally I moved to lorida and I still love leaving for a winter cruise from here. Leaving the ship to return home is always difficult but now I do not have to go back to the cold.

Laura
“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“
---Mark Twain

Old August 28th, 2008, 02:03 PM
Passenger

FOR Sure.... I love cruising in Feb. It gets you all primed for spring..
LOVE it.
Carnival Fantasy 2008
Granduer of the seas 2005