Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 7th, 2008, 11:07 AM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip
Default So, Tell Us

How do you use Cruisemates. Are you a roamer, and cruise the site, stopping at lots of ports? [forums] Or, do you pretty much have a certain itinerary, and don't veer off course very much? Or, are you a lurker, if so, we would love to see your first post!

Do you only look at the cruise line forum, you have cruised on last, or only for your upcoming cruise line?

Do you look at cruise line forums that, you hope one day you might want to sail on, like Crystal, Seabourn etc, to get a feel for those ships...

Do you want to add your agita to the Cruise Gripe board, or get a giggle at the jokes forum? Styles at Sea, Food & Hotels.

I hope you check out the front page, cruise reviews, cruise bargains. photo of the week, & hot topic of the week, it could be yours!!

There is so much valuable information to share here, I hope every cruiser will roam the boards and check it all out! Sharing opinions and being a part of this growing community is the spirit of Cruisemates...

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Sponsored Links
Old September 7th, 2008, 12:08 PM
Admiral

Trip, I am on Cruisemates all the time. First thing in the morning I check out the chit chat morning thread and add my good morning to all. After that I check out the cruise line (Carnival) forum and see what is going on. Sometimes I can actually answer some of the questions. I check out the Practical advise forums sometimes. Very rarely do I check out the shopping site. Sometimes I might check out the gripes section. I look at the homepage at least once a day. I check the photo galleries every few days to see if there are any new photos. I enjoy Cruisemates and glad I found the site.

Need some cruise help?
Old September 8th, 2008, 12:27 AM
Captain

I'm a regular i'd say. Maybe not as often if i dont have a cruise booked, but i still visit

I really enjoy finding group cruises to join for the discount, so cruisemates is my first stop for that. I am really bummed that my life didnt allow me to go on the transatlantic cruise for 600 bucks last april! I'll be waiting of more of those in the future!
Old September 8th, 2008, 10:41 AM
Admiral

I am everywhere Ma'm, I am everywhere. From New York to Japan, Ma'm, I am everywhere.

Cruised more times than I can remember.

Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Courage and perserverance have a magical talisman; before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish into the air.

Pick your company wisely! Hang around people who are going to help you become all God created you to be.
Old September 8th, 2008, 04:33 PM
Captain

I'm 90% lurker, 10% poster. I check the message boards and the main page at least once every day. I post when I think that I may have something important to say but most of the times I just silently celebrate with the cruisemates or applaud the choices and comments that others may have made.

I always hit the carnival boards, I am platinum and love Carnival. I also check out the MSC boards, even though they are so quiet because we've booked a transatlantic with them for December. Then I look at the gripes because they are humorous and I love to laugh at them but I am way tooooo chicken to post on them I don't think my sarcastic wit is anywhere near sharp enough to play on that board. I like the chit chat boards but still don't feel enough like family to play on that board, maybe some day. For now, I stay within my comfort zone and since I haven't been flamed or banned I must be doing okay : )

BTW I don't bother with the other boards, I used to but this one is the best in my opinion.
Old September 8th, 2008, 07:25 PM
Admiral

2Little, I hope you willl soon feel like you can ease into, say, the morning chit chat thread, to just say hi....as I am sure you know, it's a touchstone for many of us...no pressures ever, just a howdy, when you feel like it....:):)

Old September 9th, 2008, 06:39 AM
Captain

Thanks Trip. I'm hoping to soon take that step....
Old September 10th, 2008, 03:25 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Cruznut2 Send a message via Yahoo to Cruznut2

I am a regular here. I bounce around the forums, Chit Chat, Carnival, Gripes and others. Whatever catches my eye. Love the galleries. I have been known to spend hours there looking at pictures. Very entertaining. Check out the front page often. Read many articles.

Laura
“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“
---Mark Twain

Old September 10th, 2008, 03:28 PM
Cruise Maniac

I'am here several times a day, I first start with Chat, then move on to Carnival, then it's the Blogger2Nola and after that who knows where. It normally is decided by how my day at work is going, if I'am bored I come on over, if I'am stressed I come on over, if I just need a break I come on over. I've only been in chat a couple of times and that was years ago. The main reason is that when I'am home, the computer is the last place I want to be. I love this site and enjoy each and every adventure tag along on.
Old September 10th, 2008, 08:39 PM
Familiar Face

Trip,
Just got into CruieMates in the srping. A friend gave me the link. On everyday reading and checking the info. Wow, there is so much to read and learn. I have asked several questions and the team has come thru everytime!! I have shared the site with others and I assume they are looking as well. One thing I do not understand, what are passenger, admiral and the like.
Wipala
Old September 11th, 2008, 08:39 AM
Admiral

Wipala, this is just the level of postings you get as you respond and make new threads. Each level has a name. I hope you come back often and share your cruise memories, ask questions and just chime in whenever you feel llike it;) Welcome!

Old September 11th, 2008, 09:24 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by wipala
Trip,
Just got into CruiseMates in the spring. A friend gave me the link. On everyday reading and checking the info. Wow, there is so much to read and learn. I have asked several questions and the team has come thru every time!! I have shared the site with others and I assume they are looking as well. One thing I do not understand, what are passenger, admiral and the like.
Wipala
Wipala,

Thanks for participating and recommending us. I'm glad you are finding so much information but, then again, that's what we're here for.

In regard to levels, as Trip explained, the names are assigned by the number of posts you have on the board. One thing to remember is that just because someone is an Admiral doesn't mean they necessarily know more than someone who is another rank. They also carry no more "weight" or authority than someone with 10 posts.

Welcome,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old September 11th, 2008, 01:49 PM
Familiar Face

Mikem and trip, thank you for the welcome and the info. This site is great and I will be on all the time. It is so good to read what others from around the conutry think about cruising and the reiviews on the ships is a great tool.
Thanks again and anchor away in 10 days on the Valor
Wipala
Old September 11th, 2008, 05:05 PM
Admiral

I admit... I mostly hang out on Carnivl Cruise Lines... but recently since my last cruise was booked, I was all over the place looking at excursions, ports, gripes, tips, etc.... A wealth of information out there, I found info I didn't know I needed.

Trip, I did have one of my pics from my last cruise featured as the Pic of the day... I was quite proud!
Carnival-Splendor Sept 6, 2009

Old September 14th, 2008, 04:51 PM
Passenger

Send a message via Yahoo to scrapsoflife

I'm mostly a lurker but I really appreciate this site when I'm gearing up for a cruise. Since I've only sailed Carnival so far, I tend to stick to the Carnival forum since it seems almost all the questions I need are here
Old September 14th, 2008, 09:14 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to misguidedangel

I am here everyday when not cruising! I log into the net after I get home and make something to eat!!!!! I post if I need, but sometimes I just lurk....

I missed a weeks worth of posts while on the Liberty, but I was NOT going to surf the net while enjoying my time on the Liberty!!!

1991 Holiday
2007 Victory & Triumph
2008 Conquest & Liberty
2009 Valor, Freedom, and Splendor
2010 Glory and Liberty
2011 Glory

I gotta go where it's warm.....

Over 40 victim of fate.....
Old September 15th, 2008, 09:38 PM
Captain

I love this site. Wealth of information and a wide range of cruising experience. I get so excited when I read something new about a ship I'm going to cruise on or have cruised with. I enjoy the friendly banter. I don't like it when I hear posts that lash out to certain cruisers physical appearance. I love reading reviews and hearing about new ships and all of the exciting new designs. I enjoy being able to help someone with an answer to a quesstion. Can't wait for my next one. I Want to go NOW...( Don't I sound like Violet from Charlie and the Chocolate Factory?) ...Happy cruising all!
7- Sapphire Princess
6-Golden Princess
5-Carnival Paradise
4-Royal Caribbean-Monarch of the Seas
3-Carnival Glory
2-Carnival Spirit-Richard Simmons Cruise to Lose
1-Carnival Inspiration - Richard Simmons Cruise to Lose
Old September 16th, 2008, 06:13 AM
First Mate

Send a message via AIM to MrPete

I come when the main transportation system is down. But there are never many on the platform. And the newstand seems to be out of todays paper. Once in a while you find some at the water cooler in Speedos talking other subjects.

Perhaps some day we'll tap into the main line.
Past Cruises: Explorer of the Seas 2008 Explorer of the Seas 2007 Carnival Victory 2007 Explorer of the Seas 2006 Legend 2005 Miracle 2004 Disney Wonder 2004; Pride 2003 Legend 2002 Disney Wonder 2002 Destiny 2001 Victory 2000 Triumph 1999 Jubilee 1998 Imagination 1997 Imagination 1996 Fascination 1995 Ecstasy 1993 Fantasy 1990 Jubilee 1990 NCL Seaward 1989 Jubilee 1988
Old September 17th, 2008, 02:26 PM
First Mate

I enjoy this site, especially when it's slow at work. I like to read about the different cruiselines, and since we take different ones all the time, it's pretty informative and entertaining sometimes The funny postings usually make me laugh and the tips are very helpful. This is a great site.
Old September 29th, 2008, 09:56 AM
Cruise Maniac

I first came to Cruisemates when I booked our first cruise in 2005. I had no idea what I was doing and thanks to Cruisemates, our first cruise was a huge success with no nasty surprises and we forgot NOTHING! From that point on, I have been hooked. Generally I only come here when we have a cruise booked or I'm looking at a cruise to book. Once here I read everything I can so that I am as prepared as possible for every port we will be in. Cruisemates makes us look like seasoned cruisers, thanks to all the information that's available. Thank you!

Old October 3rd, 2008, 07:14 PM
First Mate

I CHECK IN ALOT. FIRST WITH THE SINGLE POSTINGS, THEN WITH CRUISE LINES AND DESTINATIONS POSTINGS.