CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Carnival Cruise Lines (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/)
-   -   CARNIVAL FREEDOM (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/358502-carnival-freedom.html)

Ericlj2772 November 20th, 2008 07:00 PM

CARNIVAL FREEDOM

Please advice:
1.The boat itself
2. San Juan, Puerto Rico
3. St. Thomas, U.S. Virgin Islands
4. Antigua
5. Tortola, British V.I.
6. Nassau, Bahamas
7. Cruising Solo
Thanks for your help

MTSFP November 20th, 2008 07:26 PM

Re: CARNIVAL FREEDOM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ericlj2772
Please advice:
1.The boat itself
2. San Juan, Puerto Rico
3. St. Thomas, U.S. Virgin Islands
4. Antigua
5. Tortola, British V.I.
6. Nassau, Bahamas
7. Cruising Solo
Thanks for your help

1. Great boat - spent 14 days on the transatlantic last year. You will have a great time.

2. Great port. See the fort, great shopping and plenty other things to do.

3. Another great port. Costs me too many dollars because my wife likes shopping at Diamonds International, but not for diamonds. Take the tram up to Paradise Point. If a golfer, the course there is great.

4. Never been

5. Never been

6. Not my favorite port, but a nice area to walk around.

7. Having never cruised solo, I can't speak to this issue.

Best of luck

MTSFP

cherylroy November 20th, 2008 07:45 PM

Leave on her in 1 1/2 days......:-) Will let you know after that.

spencercoop November 20th, 2008 10:49 PM

The only question I can answer is the ship is great. Pretty much the whole cruise it was so smooth that it didnt even feel like we were on a ship.

kevin c November 21st, 2008 05:18 PM

great choices on all seven questions. enjoy

katlady November 21st, 2008 05:51 PM

I crossed the atlantic ocean on the Carnival Freedom. :D It's a wonderful ship, people have said the design is too gaudy, I didn't find that to be the case. But maybe I just like gaudy. LOL

The food was wonderful, the pay restuarant Sun King Supper Club is worth the extra money. The steak was melt in your mouth good. Also on deck 10 there is Fish and Chips that is wonderful.

The Shows Ticket to Ride and the Big Easy were terrific!! I also in enjoy Marcus Anthony if he is on your cruise go see him. He has a lot of interaction with the crowd and the man can sing. He sings Motown hits.

We had a balcony on Deck Eight verandah cabin 8412. We were right under the lido deck and we didn't hear any noise. But that was probably because I was out making noise. :wink: It was easy to get to Lido Buffet for breakfast. We booked an 8A gty and were up graded slightly to an 8D putting us higher on the ship. We did the cabin crawl and I got to see a 9A Premium Balcony it was on a corner so it was either 8448 or 8455 these are great rooms the balconies are huge. If you have the money you can book that.

cherylroy November 22nd, 2008 09:55 AM

Thanks!! We are actually just a few cabins down from where you were!! 8434!!!