Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 7th, 2008, 09:59 PM
Passenger

Default Back from the glory

Here is my review of my latest trip ...the glory to thew western carribbean. I do not type, so it may be brief.

This is my opinion of the trip....with as many facts as I can remember.

Embarkation...The Glory was late coming home because of rough seas. Then, it took 2.5 hours to get through....blamed on tight security....once through security it moved well.. about 30 minutes.

The ship....I like the layout and decor of this ship better than any other I have sailed...had an oceanview on the main, near the elevators....perfect.

The weather was bad in the mornings on every day except the last in Freeport. Afternoons were great.....just a little cool.

Food....Did not do the supper club....food in the golden dinning room was so good I couldn't justify the extra cost. Did not eat lunch in the golden, but everything was great.....and I ate everything.

There were problems with the activities, First, everything was late, and some things were advertised in the wrong place...tends to tick you off.
most of the entertainment staff seemed very half hearted about their job, and an unidentified host went as far as to sat several times that he was hioping for an offer from another line. The cruise director was butch begovich, who came from the Conquest, where he seemed to do a much better job of running the show. On the Glory anything that he personally ran was great.....the rest sorely lacking.

The next thing is one that really ate into my fun......NO PIANO BAR. And no explanation...?????????? Also, the shows were unusually bad, across the board.

Service as usual was outstanding....Cudos tio all!!!!!

Ports

Cozumel....as usual, wonderful....rented scooters and took off...saw the island....San Francisco beach club(highly recommended) and lots of useless shopping.

Belize City itself is uninpressive we booked a cave tubing excursion through ecologicaltours.com, with Marvin. This was wonderful....first, we missed our tour because carnival did not let us tender off of the boat until after all of their tours were off. We were 45 nimutes late. Marvin asked us to wait, and went and found Charlie, a tour guide who he did not have enough people to use that day. He was our personal guide fro the entire day....it was great.....By the way, Carnival does not offer this tour any longer because someone died on it about 6 weeks ago. Carnival is supposedly being sued in belize for this, and it is still "under investigation". There were extremely high waters at the time, an as told by our guide, the group of 45 people sent by Carnival only had 2 guides, and should have had about 5 or 6. There were places that I was glad our guide had a good eye out for us. This tour is worth taking. We could not have been better taken care of. If you need more info, email me.

Roatan....Very dirty everywhere. The most pushy peddlers I have ever encountered. poor poor, Poor! CHeap too! Carnival is supposedly seriously considering dropping this port....too bad it has great potential. Also, 2 people onboard were said to be pick pocketed. We took a dolphin encounter at Anthony's key resort. FANTASTIC!!!!!!!!! I've been with the dolphins before, but this was by far the best.

Freeport...been there before, but still like it. Did no tours, just went to the beach at port Lacaya. Great beach....great conch salad and yellowbirds...friendly people....a.wonderful relaxed time, with great weather for our last day. I lost $20 somewhere...if you find it let me know.

debarkation...tore up one bag and lost another....not a good day, but the porter was great, walking me through all the reporting steps and personally searching for my bag.

By the way, The Raddisson is the place to stay pre or post cruise, great room...free cruise parking(saves $105)free shuttles, freindly!!!!!!

I am sure I forgot something, but I will be more than happy to tell all upon request.

I now look forward to the Ruby Princess.....Cant wait!
Carnival Conquest 2007
Carnival Victory 2006,
Holiday 2004
Sovereign of the Seas (2),
Norwegian Sky 2008
Carnival Glory (11/29/2008),
Ruby Princess (10/25/2009)

Sponsored Links
Old December 8th, 2008, 07:18 AM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via Yahoo to crabby apple

Thank you for posting and I may end up with some specific questions. I see you were on the main level, I hear that some of the ships are HOT in the rooms, was yours?

also, the cave adventure, was the water warm? were there any children on it? maybe we will do it after all, but a bit nervous about it.

1st- 1998 to South and Central America, don't even remember the cruise line!
2nd-Celebration with our son 12/07
3rd-Glory with our son 12/08
Old December 8th, 2008, 06:04 PM
Passenger

Default Glory

The cabin was great....no temp problems.

No kids under 12 are allowed on the cave tour.

The water was cold.....but you get used to it.
Carnival Conquest 2007
Carnival Victory 2006,
Holiday 2004
Sovereign of the Seas (2),
Norwegian Sky 2008
Carnival Glory (11/29/2008),
Ruby Princess (10/25/2009)

Old December 8th, 2008, 06:10 PM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via Yahoo to crabby apple

THANKS, that helps a lot

1st- 1998 to South and Central America, don't even remember the cruise line!
2nd-Celebration with our son 12/07
3rd-Glory with our son 12/08