Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 20th, 2008, 08:12 PM
Passenger

Default Information on Carnival Inspiration

My family and I are going to book on the Carnival Inspiration 4 night to Cozumel sailing Apr 16, 2009. Can any one give me info on how nice the ship is since it's upgrade? (waterpark, rooms, etc.) We are getting the cat 12 suite and wondered if they are actually as nice as they are shown on the website. This will be our third cruise on Carnival (4-night Bahamas-Fantasy-2006 OV room, 5-night Jamaica-Imagination-2007 cat 12 suite). Also, can anyone recommend a good beach to go to (non-excursion) in Cozumel? We have done beach excursions through carnival before (Jamaica) and were very disappointed. Our own beach excursion (Freeport, Bahamas) was much better without Carnival's involvement.
Thanks
Sponsored Links
Old December 20th, 2008, 09:05 PM
First Mate

I've sailed on Inspiration twice in the past year, she is INCREDIBLE!

I posted the last two "readers reviews" for the Inspiration and I believe you will find them useful.

Old December 21st, 2008, 08:45 AM
Admiral

We too have sailed "Inspiration" twice since her recent refit. GREAT ship, and you won't find a better crew. Super, super people. I can't help you much with excursions, or the beach, as the lovely Mrs. Jones (Vita) and I seldom leave the ship anymore. We've been to all the ports so many times, that we sail for the ship, not the ports.
I have no doubt that you'll love "Inspiration". Be sure to hunt out, and enjoy the Serenity Deck. It's wonderful!

Ken
"SKY"
Old December 22nd, 2008, 07:45 PM
Admiral

That's my ship this time around. cool! We are also in a cat 12 so be sure to give your review. Can you check out the sofa sleeper for me and let me know if it's comfy or not. We have three in a room this time so we all will get a night or two on the sleeper.
Old December 27th, 2008, 09:58 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Ro

Aero girl we are doing three in a suite in June 09 and hope that the sofa will be ok to sleep on for a nite or two. We are all taking turns.

Inspiration-2004, 2005, 2009
Glory- 4/26/2009
Sensation -4/2007, 10/2009
2/2010 & 11/3/2011
Old December 29th, 2008, 02:19 AM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ro
Aero girl we are doing three in a suite in June 09 and hope that the sofa will be ok to sleep on for a nite or two. We are all taking turns.
Yes people have said that the sofa is comfortable. But I have never slept in one, I am just going by what other people have said.

Past Cruises:
Carnival Ecstasy (4 Day Baja Mexico) 2003
Carnival Pride (7 Day Mexican Riviera) 2007
Carnival Spirit (8 Day Exotic Mexican Riviera) 2007
Carnival Freedom (7 Day Western Caribbean) 2008
Carnival Elation (4 Day Baja Mexico) 2009
Carnival Spirit (7 Day Southbound Alaska) 2009
Old December 30th, 2008, 02:42 PM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via AIM to ara0926

I LOVED the Inspiration! I did the same 4 day trip to Cozumel and it was a blast (I also wrote a review which was last Feb). I am sure you will love the ship! She looks great after the refurb! Also see if you can find the Travel channel Samantha Brown great cruise weekend episode. It was taped while we were on the ship. It's probably not a 100% perfect representation of what you will do but at least you can get an idea of what the ship looks like in more detail!

As for Beach excursions, though I have never done it, good friends of mine highly recommend Noche Cocum (sp?). Its a private beach resort that you can book on your own. For one price you get an all inclusive deal. They only allow 100 people per day and drinks/food are unlimited/included. I can't remember how much it is but it was HIGHLY suggested. I can't want to go back to Cozumel to check it out for myself.

My friend said the food was wonderful (esp the freshly made Guacamole) and the drinks were great. They also pretty much had the place to themselves.

Enjoy!
Ashley
Carnival Glory 2010 St. John NB Canada
Carnival Legend 2009 Western Caribbean
Carnival Spirit 2009 Alaska
Carnival Splendor 2008 Exotic Eastern Caribbean
Carnival Sensation 2008 Nassau
Carnival Inspiration 2008 Cozumel
Carnival Glory 2007 Western Caribbean
Elation 2006 Eastern Caribbean
Old January 1st, 2009, 01:48 PM
Beginner

Default Inspiration Apr 16th too!

Hi, we are going on our 4th cruise, but FIRST with our kids. We too are in the Cat 12 suite. Looking forward to it! We've never been on a ship this small (if you can even say small, because they are all so huge!) so I hope its a good one to start with for our girls. (12 & 14)

We are trying to figure out which hotel we can stay at that will pick us up from Tampa Airport, then take us to the port the next day. Any suggestions?
Thanks!
Old January 2nd, 2009, 05:31 PM
Beginner

Send a message via MSN to audradenith
Default Nice Beach in Cozumel and Good Food too

Hi! I live in Cozumel, so i can give you some tips.
If you don't want to buy an excursion I recommend you to rent a car because the taxi rates are very high and the Cozumel Island is very small, then with a map is more than enough.

You can go the "other side of the Island" to a beach called "San Martin" there is a very very quiet and lonely beach, there is a restaurant where you can buy beers or another drinks with very good prices.

After you go to the beach i recommend you go to know the downtown of Cozumel, it is very mexican and there are many handcrafts stores.

In fron of the main pier there is the Smallest Hard Rock Cafe in the world, obviously located in Cozumel, i recommend you go there to have lunch or dinner...

Good luck!
Old January 9th, 2009, 04:07 AM
First Mate

You will be very impressed. The ship is amazing. It doesnt look dated at all! Enjoy your cruise!

MAY 2011 - CARNIVAL GLORY
MAY 2010 - CARNIVAL DREAM
MAY 2009 CARNIVAL FASCINATION
APR 2008 CARNIVAL INSPIRATION
JUN-2007 CARNIVAL SENSATION
NOV-2006 CARNIVAL LEGEND
APR-2006 CARNIVAL INSPIRATION
JAN -2000 CARNIVAL IMAGINATION
Old January 12th, 2009, 04:06 PM
Captain

Send a message via Yahoo to Pocono Pug
Default Inspiration

We sailed on Inspiration in August 08. The cabin we had was awesome, (there wer 4 of us in the room, myself my wife and our 2 sons age 14 and 16) we had plenty of room for all. The water park was pretty nice as well. The only thing I was disappinted with was the pool. Its very small for all the guests to enjoy. You will have a great time.

P.S. You have to have the Warm Melting Chocolate Cake. (Outrageous)

Monarch of the Seas 3-92
Celebrity Century 7-96
Dawn Princess 2-97
Enchantment of the Seas 11-98
Rhapsody of the Seas 8-99
CCL Inspiration 8-08, 8-11
CCL Valor 1-09
CCL Glory 11-09
Old January 15th, 2009, 03:49 PM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via AIM to RockChickX51

We went to Mr. Sanchos beach and it was AWESOME. They have a bar, little flea market, lockers, restrooms, etc. They say the water at Mr. Sanchos is the best on the island. We even had a bunch of locals ask us what beach we were going to, when we said Mr. Sanchos they all replied with the same "Good choice!! Good beach!!"
We're going back to Cozumel on our next cruise and will prob most def go back to Mr. Sanchos. ALSO at Mr. S there's taxi's readily available to take you whereever you want once you're done.

Also, go eat at the world's SMALLEST Hard Rock Cafe. It literally has about 18 tables in it. I live near Orlando and we have the world's LARGEST Hard Rock here. It was funny going to the little one.

Carnival Liberty - May 2009
Carnival Inspiration - October 2008