Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 4th, 2009, 09:25 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default I just got a letter from Carnival...

I had called and expressed my concerns from my last trip on the Imagination last month and got a response today. They were nice enough to apologize and they offered us 15% off our next cruise. I wasn't looking for anything, but it was nice of them to do so.
I called and asked for a price on a cruise on the Dream in Jan 2010. With a promotion they have going now (she said it was cheaper then the past guest discount),and with the 50% discount, I could do an inside cabin catogory 4D for $1,042.30 (that's for 2 people) or a cat 6B, which it a deluxe oceanview 280 sq with an additional bath for $1,423.00. And, a "cove" for a little bit more then that (I forgot to write that amt down) I thought those prices sounded pretty decent. The only problem with it is that with the promotion, your deposit is not refundable (although all but $50. of it can be applied to a future cruise)
I just wanted to see if that sounded like a good deal.
Imagination 2004
Diamond Princess 2006
Emerald Princess 2008
Imagination 2009!
Sponsored Links
Old February 5th, 2009, 06:56 AM
Captain

Send a message via Yahoo to Pocono Pug

That really sounds like a great deal for an inside cabin. Does that include taxes?

Monarch of the Seas 3-92
Celebrity Century 7-96
Dawn Princess 2-97
Enchantment of the Seas 11-98
Rhapsody of the Seas 8-99
CCL Inspiration 8-08, 8-11
CCL Valor 1-09
CCL Glory 11-09
Old February 5th, 2009, 04:01 PM
Admiral

am I missing something? how long are these cruise that over 1,000 is a good deal for an inside cabin?
I thought it would be more like $600-$800 for an inside for two people...

It's probably me.. I've been looking at balcony prices so long, I don't any other prices... lol
Carnival-Splendor Sept 6, 2009

Old February 5th, 2009, 04:43 PM
Familiar Face

Well yes... it does depend on the length of the cruise, but I have not seen many cruises for $300 to $400 pp after you add everything up unless you are looking at a three day cruise.

So I suspect the OP has a pretty good deal... certainly a fair deal, but it all depends on the length of the cruise.

No matter what the cruise line, I want to see the entire price, including the fare, taxes, port fees, and now, I even include the $10 per day tip. Then I divide the total cost by the number of days to figure out my cost per day. To me that is the bottom line.

I have a cruise coming up for 8 days and the total is $699.50. It starts at $559.00 + $60.50 taxes and port fees + $80.00 in tips. That is $87.44 per day. (Or $77.44 per day if I back out the tips)

This included a minimum upgrade to Class 4B, a bottle of wine, and a $50.00 pp onboard credit... because we are part of a group. (if I take the $50.00 OBC out, that reduces my daily cost to $72.44 pp/per day.)

However, this was originally advertised as an IS class at $509 pp. or $63.63 per day. Then the fun begins, and in my opinion, we must add all the taxes, port fees, etc., into the cost. In my case, there are variables because of the size of the group.

Hope this helps... it can be confusing. I just think that we find a deal that we are happy with and can't worry about what the guy in the next cabin paid, because there are always different option
s.

~K

Old February 5th, 2009, 05:18 PM
kookylabooka

For Carnival's newest and biggest ship I would say yes.
Old February 5th, 2009, 06:37 PM
Captain

Default Re: I just got a letter from Carnival...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katmom
I had called and expressed my concerns from my last trip on the Imagination last month and got a response today. They were nice enough to apologize and they offered us 15% off our next cruise. I wasn't looking for anything, but it was nice of them to do so.
I called and asked for a price on a cruise on the Dream in Jan 2010. With a promotion they have going now (she said it was cheaper then the past guest discount),and with the 50% discount, I could do an inside cabin catogory 4D for $1,042.30 (that's for 2 people) or a cat 6B, which it a deluxe oceanview 280 sq with an additional bath for $1,423.00. And, a "cove" for a little bit more then that (I forgot to write that amt down) I thought those prices sounded pretty decent. The only problem with it is that with the promotion, your deposit is not refundable (although all but $50. of it can be applied to a future cruise)
I just wanted to see if that sounded like a good deal.

It sounds ok to me but keep in mind that if you cancel like you said you have to eat your deposit. Since your trip is almost a year away you may want to book the regular guarantee cabin. It costs a bit more but if you have to back out of the trip your deposit isnt lost. Its just something to think about...
1999-Paradise
1999-Sun Princess
2002-Pride
2004-Pride
2006-Pride
2008-Valor and Glory
2009-Spirit and Splendor
2010-Freedom of the Seas and Mariner of the Seas
2010-Carnival Spirit
2011-Carnival Dream
2012-Allure of the Seas and Navigator of the Seas
Old February 5th, 2009, 08:31 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to misguidedangel

Ferrangi--I don't even bother looking for a good deal. I want to go when I want to and I will book early enough to get the cabin I want. I did get the early saver rate for Glory Jan 2010. I too only will go in a balcony or a suite. I also want a cabin high up as in Lido or Panorama deck.....I booked the same cabin for the Glory as I had on the Liberty--the most excellent cabin to have on Lido--the last one!!!!!

1991 Holiday
2007 Victory & Triumph
2008 Conquest & Liberty
2009 Valor, Freedom, and Splendor
2010 Glory and Liberty
2011 Glory

I gotta go where it's warm.....

Over 40 victim of fate.....
Old February 10th, 2009, 10:25 PM
Passenger

Send a message via MSN to Synderrela

Guess it depends on what you want to spend your $$ on, I got a 7-day interior for $390 for May 31st, thought it was a good deal. We are saving over $1 grand and using for drinks, excursions and spa time instead of sitting on the deck!

Read and post cruise reviews
Old February 11th, 2009, 12:23 AM
Admiral

Hey if you REALLY want to do, then it's a good deal.

/ticker.png">