CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Carnival Cruise Lines (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/)
-   -   Preparation thread (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/362700-preparation-thread.html)

Jdudley13 March 23rd, 2009 06:13 PM

Preparation thread

I will be the first to tell you that I am a very "cautious" person, so rather than starting several threads throughout the week, i'm just going to do this one for questions. We leave on Saturday so i'm sure there will be several questions as the week goes on.

I know this might be a stupid question, but just so that i am more comfortable. What will i need at embarkation in terms of documentation. My g/f and i will both have our passports (regardless of the 100's of arguments about this, I never leave the country without mine), i already have a copy of our confirmation e-mail printed and we have both completed our fun pass. Will everything else be electronic or is there something else that I should have?

Thanks in advance everyone.

Dr Plunger March 23rd, 2009 06:21 PM

Doesn't hurt to ask questions. Right now the only other thing I can think of that you will need at check-in is the credit card you will use for your sail & sign.

bobsfamily March 23rd, 2009 06:44 PM

You will need your funpass/passports/credit card that you used when filling out funpass.

T C March 23rd, 2009 07:09 PM

You will also need your drivers license, or other picture ID :)
TC

green_rd March 23rd, 2009 08:08 PM

If you bought transfers through Carnival you will need to print out that page of your e-docs. You need to print off your luggage tags.

Heck I'm the kind of guy that prints off all my documents.

Jdudley13 March 24th, 2009 09:00 AM

I will print off the fun pass, credit card i will have, we will be taking our pass ports but will have ID's as well. I did not purchase flights or transfers through Carnival so that is not an issue. And i am the same way, i have copies of everything just in case.

Although this site has been a life saver so far, the closer i get to friday, the more excited i get and it's ruining my work ethic, haha....

bobsfamily March 24th, 2009 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by T C
You will also need your drivers license, or other picture ID :)
TC

If you have a passport no other id is required.... that's what a passport is for.

CruiseNOID March 24th, 2009 03:28 PM

Just a quick thought - May want to make a copy of your passport and id to have as a quick back up incase you happen to lose one or the other.

Also for a precautionary measure, make a copy of all your documents, id, passport and itinerary and leave back at home with a responsible party.

Never hurts to CYA while away.

Jdudley13 March 24th, 2009 04:26 PM

I thought about making copies of everything to take on shore with me just in case, but didn't think about leaving copies at home with someone. That's a great idea. Thank you.