CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Carnival Cruise Lines (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/)
-   -   Halloween Cruise?? (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/364449-halloween-cruise.html)

punk May 14th, 2009 05:20 PM

Halloween Cruise??

We cruised 10/22-29/2006 and celebrated Halloween on that cruise with a party and costume contest - just wondering if they do this more than one cruise (ours wasn't actually on Halloween) or if it's the whole month of October?

brad813 May 14th, 2009 07:17 PM

I would like to know that myself. I will be on the Imagination from October 26-30, so I want to be prepared.

punk May 15th, 2009 10:03 AM

Okay, I talked to my girl at Carnival who told me they do the Halloween stuff on cruises from Oct 13 to end of month. They have a deal with M&M and Coke companies! YAYYYY can't wait. Looking for costume ideas now!

brad813 May 15th, 2009 12:38 PM

As for me, I took inspiration from one of my ports of call(that and the the fact I have one of the old renaissance French style shirts with the puffy front and cuffs) and decided to work up a pirate costume. Aargh.

punk May 15th, 2009 04:32 PM

DH and I like to go for the costumes that make ya think...

brad813 May 15th, 2009 04:46 PM

For this year, I do not have alot of money but am a decent costumer so I am going for something that is inexpensive and works.

punk May 15th, 2009 05:00 PM

I don't spend a lot of money on costumes EVER. Last time he dressed as a hippy and I dressed as a mime (together we were "Peace" and "Quiet") - the only money we spent was for the white makeup on my face and the tie dyed shirt for him (which was a souvenir from grand cayman).
Another year we went as smartie pants (taped packages of Smarties candies to our pants) - cost of candy $2

brad813 May 15th, 2009 05:03 PM

I guess for me I like to do elaborate costumes because of the theatrical value.

punk May 15th, 2009 05:15 PM

Gotcha. and like I said, I like to make people think

brad813 May 15th, 2009 05:17 PM

Same here, but I see no issue with combining the two. I just thought the pirate idea would be great for a Caribbean cruise.

BobMiller May 15th, 2009 05:21 PM

We were on a late October cruise and the Halloween events were fun. The winner of the costume contest was a pirate with a parrot on his shoulder. Of course the winning touch was that the parrot was his 11 month old kid in a parrot costume.

punk May 15th, 2009 05:22 PM

I hear ya, but guess howmany other people are thinking the same thing...

skymaster May 15th, 2009 05:50 PM

You're right! We've done Halloween two years in a row, and I can't begin to tell you how many "pirates" there were aboard. The couple that won last year was "John McCain and Sarah Palin". GREAT costumes, and make-up. Really looked a lot like them. There were a lot of "interesting" costumes as well, if you know what I mean. :wink: All in all, Halloween aboard ship is a lot of fun.

Ken
"SKY"

brad813 May 15th, 2009 05:50 PM

About 90% are those that go the typical movie route. I am hoping to do something historically accurate.

brad813 May 15th, 2009 05:52 PM

Also, not out to win prizes. Just to come up with something effective.

briguy May 15th, 2009 05:57 PM

It may be old news by Halloween but how about a pig costume that has a runny nose and sneezes a lot... yes you guessed it .. The Swine Flu..

sistagoldenhair May 16th, 2009 12:04 PM

I'm going on the Carnival Freedom the week before Halloween - I'm so glad they are going to have a costume party!!! Last year I was a witch on the Crown Princess (one of about 200 hahaha). What a fun time!

sistagoldenhair May 16th, 2009 12:07 PM

I'm going on the Carnival Freedom the week before Halloween - I'm so glad they are going to have a costume party!!! Last year I was a witch on the Crown Princess (one of about 200 hahaha). What a fun time!

skymaster May 16th, 2009 10:42 PM

I don't have a Halloween cruise booked for this year yet, and you guys just reminded me of how much fun they are. Guess I'll take a look and see what's available! 8)

Ken
"SKY"

ShotoJuku May 17th, 2009 06:50 AM

Having been born on Halloween I have always had a great connection with the day itself. Growing up my kid birthday parties were always Halloween costume parties.

This year marks my 50th Halloween Birthday so it just made sense to celebrate and party with a large number of people who already know how to have fun and on a "fun ship" too.

As for costumes....?

brad813 May 17th, 2009 04:34 PM

So in a way Halloween would be "Happy Birthday/Happy Halloween/Happy New Year's" with you Shoto. Halloween is the pagan New Year, but I tend to celebrate any new year I can to have an excuse to party. I haven't quite figured out how to celebrate the Islamic New Year in March though. No alcohol obviously makes it harder to party with that one. I end up trying to celebrate 5 new years in a single year. I just haven't found others yet though. Lol. So be sure to pop some bubbly on your birthday each year and celebrate good times(come on).

colorcrazie May 18th, 2009 02:47 PM

I think a pair of pigs with wings would definitely fit as swine flu.
Marty

ShotoJuku October 15th, 2009 12:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShotoJuku
Having been born on Halloween I have always had a great connection with the day itself. Growing up my kid birthday parties were always Halloween costume parties.

This year marks my 50th Halloween Birthday so it just made sense to celebrate and party with a large number of people who already know how to have fun and on a "fun ship" too.

As for costumes....?

This post serves a dual purpose of sorts.

1. It is a bump for an older HALLOWEEN cruise thread....

....and....

2. It will also serve as my obligatory 10-Day-Countdown post too!!!!!

brad813 October 15th, 2009 02:13 AM

Anybody have any ideas on a costume on the cheap for someone with a basic Ben Nye professional stage makeup kit?

Snoozeman October 15th, 2009 02:38 AM

Since I'm a cruise foodie I recall the special Halloween desserts that Carnival does at Halloween dinner. Very cool decorated plates with ghosts, pumpkins, et al....

Lot's of guests wore their costumes to dinner too.

ShotoJuku October 16th, 2009 12:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShotoJuku

It will also serve as my obligatory 10-Day-Countdown post too!!!!!

Make that 9-Days now!!

ShotoJuku October 17th, 2009 12:29 AM

Down to 8!!

brad813 October 17th, 2009 01:01 AM

Slaps Shoto on the back of the head.

You're freakin me out, man!

ShotoJuku October 18th, 2009 06:04 AM

Better make that Lucky 7 !!

skymaster October 18th, 2009 08:29 AM

Like I said earlier in this thread, Halloween is a lot of fun aboard,,,,,soooo,,,we booked "Glory" again for Oct 31st. Still don't have any costumes, so I'll be looking around for something that's easily packed, inexpensive, and historically accurate. HA! Couldn't care less if it's historically accurate or not. Maybe go as a biker (since I'm a biker it should be easy!)

"SKY"