Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 28th, 2009, 12:06 PM
Passenger

Default Things to do in Cozemel?????

We are going to be on the Destiny and one stop is Cozemel, what is there to do that is close by. Thanks
Sponsored Links
Old May 28th, 2009, 02:30 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Cozumel is probably the easiest spot in the Caribbean to do on your own.

#1 - it's a small island, and relatively easy to get around. Rental vehicles are readily available, and not expensive. Taxis are abundant and everywhere, and fares are pre-set.

You can get a taxi from the cruise terminals to many beaches for as little as $6 (per taxi, not person), and many beaches have no charge to use the facilities, other than to purchase a drink or food.
- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old May 28th, 2009, 05:37 PM
Captain

You might want to read the signs at the port so you will know how to spell it (COZUMEL)

No - don't scream at me - I just couldn't reisist - so I will apologize right now. Sorry for being a smart a**
2005 Holiday, Sensation, Conquest,
2006 Conquest, Celebration, Holiday,
2007 Freedom Grand Med, Holiday
2008 Fantasy & Sensation,
2009 Fantasy, Holiday & Dream Grand Med
2010 Fantasy and B2B Elation
2011 Monarch of the Seas
2012 Booked - Breeze from Barcelona 12 days
Old May 28th, 2009, 06:18 PM
Passenger

I have been there a couple times.
We took a taxie to a private beach (6$) and we paid to get on the beach (22$) ea. It included all the food and drink (open Bar) , sports equipment, and snorkel equipment...it also had a chessy little zoo.. all in all pretty nice..
What was really funny was after we were there for about 1 hr a boat pulled up .. music blasting and about 100 of my co cruiser's from the glory came on to the beach.. I think they paid like 79.00 per person

we also went to Senior frogs ...fun place ... I woulnd not take young one's it got pretty wild
Have Fun
Old May 28th, 2009, 06:59 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

You can look into going to Chankanaab Park, short ride from the dock....huge beach, dolphin swim, snorkeling, etc. If you want a beach day and lots to do and see, thats the place.

Message Boards Moderator
Old May 28th, 2009, 08:21 PM
Passenger

Are you doing a excursion or on your own?

The jeep/jungle excursion is fun, BUT its a little island and you can pretty much get aroud rather easily.

We were there last June, and the few of our group did the dolphin swim, while the rest of us followed to the dolphin are AND just drank Tecate beer all day and swam in the swimmimg area.

good luck on your decision,

Tim
Old May 28th, 2009, 08:36 PM
Cruise Maniac

If you are looking for a good beach try Mr. Sanchos. It is like a $10 cab ride and the driver stays with you the whole time. The also have a pool. Clean beach, good food and reasonable priced. We had a ball...
Old May 28th, 2009, 08:38 PM
Captain

I've been there many times and will be there again in Jan. We enjoy getting a taxi to San Fransico Beach and just relaxing. It is a very nice beach and has grown in popularity since we first went there. Great drinks too!!! Had friends do the Jeep tour and said it was a blast. We are going to do it in Jan. then go to the beach. We also do some shopping there. The pure vanilla they sell is the best so I always bring home a couple of bottles. So much better than the imitation stuff we get back here. The people are very friendly and they seem to appreciate the tourists. Why wouldn't they we spend, spend, spend!

Read and post cruise reviews
Old May 28th, 2009, 09:22 PM
First Mate

Visited there last year (2008). We did the Eco-Jeep tour. Nice ride to end of island, some small mayan ruins (weather alert station) and then snorkled. Great beach with hammocks and shade. Saw some wildlife and had lunch provided. Great lighthouse to climb if you wanted to. It was fun and we had a great time. Can't remember the cost but don't think it was too much.

Need some cruise help?
Old May 29th, 2009, 01:34 AM
Cruise Maniac

We did the mini 4x4 excursion thru the ship and it was a blast! Make sure you stop a Senior Frogs it is a real hoot and is right at the pier.
Carnival Triumph Feb 09
Island Princess coming in Nov. 2009

Old May 29th, 2009, 10:47 AM
Passenger

I am glad the question was asked. It was very informing for me also. We are going to Cozumel for the 4th time, but NEVER been to the beach. so we decided to go to the beach in Cozumel and go shopping in Calica. We wanted to do a beach close by so thanks for the good beach info everyone.
Old May 29th, 2009, 11:23 AM
Captain

Swim, snorkel, shop, walk around, drink, drink, stumble to ship, fall asleep before dinner!
1999-Paradise
1999-Sun Princess
2002-Pride
2004-Pride
2006-Pride
2008-Valor and Glory
2009-Spirit and Splendor
2010-Freedom of the Seas and Mariner of the Seas
2010-Carnival Spirit
2011-Carnival Dream
2012-Allure of the Seas and Navigator of the Seas
Old May 29th, 2009, 01:13 PM
Passenger

carlos and charlies is a must go! lots of fun.
Old May 29th, 2009, 02:06 PM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via Yahoo to punk

We usually save Cozumel for our shopping, they have great deals and it's all right there!
This time we are also making time for a massage that we hear is WONDERFUL - check out the site -

http://www.barefootincozumel.com/
October 2006 Carnival Miracle
October 2009 Carnival Legend
[/
Old May 29th, 2009, 03:53 PM
Captain

We LOVE Paradise Beach. You can check them out at
www.paradise-beach-cozumel.com
The water is great, with deck chairs and umbrellas, water activites include kayaks, trampolines in water, and rock climbing. They have a little shopping area, restaurant, internet access and the waiters will take your food/drink order right from you chair and serve you on the beach. Also nice clean restrooms and changing areas.
Chaankanaab (sp ) is also great.

You can get to either one by taxi and there are always taxis waiting to take you back to the ship.

You might also check out cozumelinsider.com for their webcam and lots of activities and coupons.
2011 Monarch of the Seas
Old May 29th, 2009, 04:17 PM
Passenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nothin but blue skies
We LOVE Paradise Beach. You can check them out at
www.paradise-beach-cozumel.com
The water is great, with deck chairs and umbrellas, water activites include kayaks, trampolines in water, and rock climbing. They have a little shopping area, restaurant, internet access and the waiters will take your food/drink order right from you chair and serve you on the beach. Also nice clean restrooms and changing areas.
Chaankanaab (sp ) is also great.

You can get to either one by taxi and there are always taxis waiting to take you back to the ship.

You might also check out cozumelinsider.com for their webcam and lots of activities and coupons.
WOW sounds great!!! Thanks a lot!!!!
Old May 30th, 2009, 05:16 PM
Admiral

Cozumel is very safe and very tourist friendly...which is why we have ended up there as many as 5 times in a year!!

We usually go to Paradise Beach because we have two teenagers (now 21 and 17) and they loved the water and land toys that they got with the $10 wristband.

There is no entrance fee. There is no charge for their lounge chairs, umbrellas or tables....CLEAN restrooms and changing rooms. Even the internet at the bar is free. All they ask is that you eat/drink while you are there. The wristbands for all the nonmotorized water and land toys is OPTIONAL. The boys always get one...hubby and I do not (we are shade people). The wristbands allow you the use of the 2 water trampolines with a bridge, iceberg, kayaking, snorkeling, floats (multipeople and individual), life vests for those who need them, an smaller inflatable ladder climb and slide for the younger kids and a smaller water trampoline for the younger kids. You can even climb a coconut tree...which I did last time and reached the top. I have pictures to prove it~!!

Tom (from Canada) manages the place and he and his staff do an excellent job.

All the beach resorts are $12-15 one way for a taxi for 4 (depending on where you dock).

If you want to go to the EAST side (which is primitive)....a private driver like Gerry is the way to go. He charges $95.00 for 3 hours. ($25.00 for each addiitional hour for up to 4 people if he uses the station wagon...8 people if he uses the van) You just email cozumeltaxi@hotmail.com to make a reservation. No credit cards etc. He works on the honor system.
You just pay in cash at the end of the tour. You can go where ever you want to go and stay as long as you want to stay. He is your private driver. He will also bring an ice chest if you want to stop for ice, soda and beer. He speaks English very well. We did this in January and LOVED IT>

The ONLY thing I do not recommend in Cozumel is the zip-lining.

Zip-lining was started in ports with mountains and tropical forests...Cozumel has neither. You are basically gliding over the sand from man made stations. Hubby and oldest son did it in Puerto Vallarta and had a blast. Los Des Vernos. it was excellent.

If it is Carnival and it floats....we have sailed it!

Hubby ... DIAMOND (every ship except the Carnivale)
Me ... DIAMOND (every ship starting with the Tropicale)
20 year old son ... DIAMOND (every ship starting with the Tropicale...he is the only DOUBLE Milestone under the age of 21)
24 year old son ... DIAMOND
Old May 30th, 2009, 10:48 PM
Admiral

Get smashed!

Cruised more times than I can remember.

Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Courage and perserverance have a magical talisman; before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish into the air.

Pick your company wisely! Hang around people who are going to help you become all God created you to be.
Old June 1st, 2009, 01:26 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by mehawk
Get smashed!
Hey now...that's MY line !!!

If it is Carnival and it floats....we have sailed it!

Hubby ... DIAMOND (every ship except the Carnivale)
Me ... DIAMOND (every ship starting with the Tropicale)
20 year old son ... DIAMOND (every ship starting with the Tropicale...he is the only DOUBLE Milestone under the age of 21)
24 year old son ... DIAMOND
Old June 1st, 2009, 09:08 PM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to Redwyvern Send a message via Yahoo to Redwyvern
Default Wyndham Resort

We were in Cozumel last year, and purchased an all day resort pass at The Wyndham Resort. I believe the price was about $50 for the day, and included food, liquor, and non-powered water sports. It was the first time i snorkeled, and it was well worth the price, just for the margaritas and beers!
Old June 1st, 2009, 11:21 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Ro

Playa Mia all drinks, food and toys included if you purchase the deluxe package.

Inspiration-2004, 2005, 2009
Glory- 4/26/2009
Sensation -4/2007, 10/2009
2/2010 & 11/3/2011
Old June 3rd, 2009, 12:08 PM
Passenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by lhp
Cozumel is very safe and very tourist friendly...which is why we have ended up there as many as 5 times in a year!!

We usually go to Paradise Beach because we have two teenagers (now 21 and 17) and they loved the water and land toys that they got with the $10 wristband.

There is no entrance fee. There is no charge for their lounge chairs, umbrellas or tables....CLEAN restrooms and changing rooms. Even the internet at the bar is free. All they ask is that you eat/drink while you are there. The wristbands for all the nonmotorized water and land toys is OPTIONAL. The boys always get one...hubby and I do not (we are shade people). The wristbands allow you the use of the 2 water trampolines with a bridge, iceberg, kayaking, snorkeling, floats (multipeople and individual), life vests for those who need them, an smaller inflatable ladder climb and slide for the younger kids and a smaller water trampoline for the younger kids. You can even climb a coconut tree...which I did last time and reached the top. I have pictures to prove it~!!

All the beach resorts are $12-15 one way for a taxi for 4 (depending on where you dock).

If you want to go to the EAST side (which is primitive)....a private driver like Gerry is the way to go. He charges $95.00 for 3 hours. ($25.00 for each addiitional hour for up to 4 people if he uses the station wagon...8 people if he uses the van) You just email cozumeltaxi@hotmail.com to make a reservation. No credit cards etc. He works on the honor system.
You just pay in cash at the end of the tour. You can go where ever you want to go and stay as long as you want to stay. He is your private driver. He will also bring an ice chest if you want to stop for ice, soda and beer. He speaks English very well. We did this in January and LOVED IT>

Zip-lining was started in ports with mountains and tropical forests...Cozumel has neither. You are basically gliding over the sand from man made stations. Hubby and oldest son did it in Puerto Vallarta and had a blast. Los Des Vernos. it was excellent.
Got a couple of questions about Paradise Beach, My family and I will be traveling to Cozumel in a couple of weeks and the question I have is, if we pay $10 each for our kids to have use of the water toys, will we still be required to buy them at least $10 in food or beverage. Hubby and I will not be using the water sports, but it is my understanding that we need to order at least $10 in food or drinks, if not can we just pay the $10 if we choose not to eat there? I need an understanding. We are really interested in Paradise beach.
Old June 3rd, 2009, 12:08 PM
Passenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by lhp

Got a couple of questions about Paradise Beach, My family and I will be traveling to Cozumel in a couple of weeks and the question I have is, if we pay $10 each for our kids to have use of the water toys, will we still be required to buy them at least $10 in food or beverage. Hubby and I will not be using the water sports, but it is my understanding that we need to order at least $10 in food or drinks, if not can we just pay the $10 if we choose not to eat there? I need an understanding. We are really interested in Paradise beach.
Old June 3rd, 2009, 03:11 PM
Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrspair
Quote:
Originally Posted by lhp

We have been there several times and love it. I have ordered just drinks there and not paid the wristband, but we did have the grandkids with us and bought them the wristbands. If you just buy drinks for everyone, you will probably exceed the $20 requirement for food/drinks. Go to their website and look at the menu.
http://www.paradise-beach-cozumel.co...enu=3#menu_new

You will not regret spending $10 each for the use of this beach and all it has to offer. You go also go to www.cozumelinsider.com and compare all the beaches in Cozumel and print out some coupons before you go.
2011 Monarch of the Seas
Old June 3rd, 2009, 03:11 PM
Captain

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by lhp

We have been there several times and love it. I have ordered just drinks there and not paid the wristband, but we did have the grandkids with us and bought them the wristbands. If you just buy drinks for everyone, you will probably exceed the $20 requirement for food/drinks. Go to their website and look at the menu.

You will not regret spending $10 each for the use of this beach and all it has to offer. You go also go to www.cozumelinsider.com and compare all the beaches in Cozumel and print out some coupons before you go.
2011 Monarch of the Seas
Old June 3rd, 2009, 07:06 PM
Passenger

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by lhp

I am quite sure we will enjoy this. THANKS so much for your input, it really helps. I have been to Cozumel 3 times, but never to the beach, so we are looking forward to going to the beach. Thanks again!!!!
Old June 4th, 2009, 02:46 PM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via ICQ to LeeandKelli

Our suggestions...

Carlos and Charlies
Hooters
Senor Frogs

AND Kelli likes to shop downtown.

Lee & Kelli
Old June 4th, 2009, 03:28 PM
Passenger

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by lhp

Since you seemed to have been pretty knowledgeable about Cozumel and Paradise Beach. I do they keep up with you spending $10 per person? We will definitely be going to Paradise Beach, the kids are already excited. Just curious.....