CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Carnival Cruise Lines (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/)
-   -   Drink of the Day Card? (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/365671-drink-day-card.html)

mosey June 27th, 2009 04:39 PM

Drink of the Day Card?

So I just read about this $23 drink of the day card. I love to try the drinks of the day, I just usually get the regular glass, not the souvenir one, as it's cheaper and I don't care about the souvenir glass.

So, my understanding is that with the card you get the first DOD in the souvenir glass, and the refills in regular glasses. But some people said they hold just as much as the first glass.

I have a question. So the refills on the DOD card are larger than the regular DOD in a normal cup? Is it cheaper to buy 5 DOD in normal cups or the DOD card? Value wise, size for the money.

Snoozeman June 28th, 2009 07:33 AM

DoD card.

nighthawk65 June 28th, 2009 01:40 PM

I got the DOD card on the Splendor and the first one was in the souvenir glass, after that I went to the bars and was given the hurricane glass which appeared to be the same if not a little bit larger that the souvenir glass.

Happy Sailing :D
Mark

Ro June 28th, 2009 11:14 PM

I proved last year to all that the refills in the disposable cups hold just the same amount as all the other glasses you all are speaking of. There is no difference except what the cups or glasses look like. They all hold the same amount of drink.

mosey June 29th, 2009 08:02 AM

Does that mean they are bigger than if you order the DOD separately in a normal cup? I guess in the end, I'm just wondering if it's a better value to get the DOD card. It sounds like it is. Thanks! :D

Snoozeman June 29th, 2009 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mosey
Does that mean they are bigger than if you order the DOD separately in a normal cup? I guess in the end, I'm just wondering if it's a better value to get the DOD card. It sounds like it is. Thanks! :D

It is!

jjones21 June 29th, 2009 09:30 AM

Can someone explain the DOD card? Does that mean you get refills or does that mean you get one DOD each day? How does it work? I haven't heard of this before.

Snoozeman June 29th, 2009 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jjones21
Can someone explain the DOD card? Does that mean you get refills or does that mean you get one DOD each day? How does it work? I haven't heard of this before.

I discovered it on the Fantasy cruise in February and explain it in detail on my review of that cruise. If you'll just hit the link and go to my blog you'll find it. I'd explain it again here, but I'm on the way out. Sorry.

I also posted the info here on CruiseMates if you will do a search it should only be a page or two back in Carnival.

It is a good deal.

Snoozeman June 29th, 2009 10:29 AM

Ok any excuse to not go out into the heat (100°) to work....I looked at my blog for the details.

....I spent some time at HQ and discovered a new option. The Fun Ship SPECIALS CARD is $23 but will get you one drink of the day in (souvenir glass) and four additional drink specials. That will save you $8.75 and also gets you the 4 other drinks in a larger glass....

I bought two just because it was a good deal. LOL

Scalmie June 29th, 2009 11:30 AM

I want to purchase these cards for our July 25th cruise on the Fantasy, but I don't see anywhere on the website where I can get them (only the 4 drink coupon tickets) Can you only purchase these while on the ship?

Snoozeman June 29th, 2009 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scalmie
I want to purchase these cards for our July 25th cruise on the Fantasy, but I don't see anywhere on the website where I can get them (only the 4 drink coupon tickets) Can you only purchase these while on the ship?

That's the only place you can get them. Just go to any of the bars and purchase it. :)

jjones21 June 29th, 2009 10:20 PM

Thanks Snoozeman! Ur the best!

cutiecat July 2nd, 2009 09:32 PM

so if you get the DoD card can you only get one drink per day?

i haven't discovered this option until reading it on here lately but i will sure make use of it on my July 26 cruise! :D

nighthawk65 July 3rd, 2009 11:14 PM

You can use the card up in one hour if you wanted to. I have one punch left on my card from the Splendor and plan on using it for my Valor cruise.

The DOD card is great it works out to be roughly five drinks for the price of four.

Happy Sailing :D
Mark