CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Carnival Cruise Lines (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/)
-   -   Bahamas in December? (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/366302-bahamas-december.html)

shaylorraine July 19th, 2009 10:30 AM

Bahamas in December?

I am taking the December 6, 2009 cruise out of Baltimore to the Bahamas and am wondering about the weather there. Will it be warm enough to enjoy snorkling and such. I had someone tell me they went and it was cold. Please let there be someone out there who disagrees. Thanks Q

Luanne Russo July 19th, 2009 01:31 PM

Most likely it will be warm. It all depends on fronts that might come through on the day you are there.

The same cold fronts that come through the states in the winter, continues in that direction.

We were there this past Dec. 30Th, and it was 80 something, and humid.

Have fun

Luanne

shaylorraine July 19th, 2009 03:19 PM

Phewww, I am so relieved to here that you had a warm experience there. Prior to booking I just assumed it was always warm there. I am afraid to book an excursion now because I am afraid it will be cold. Thank you so very much for your feedback. Q

Luanne Russo July 19th, 2009 03:24 PM

Don't be afraid. It is s wonderful place to cruise to, and the chance of 70's is so slim.

Your very welcome for the info.

Remember, we are here for you.

Luanne

rosetattoo July 19th, 2009 04:52 PM

Weather in the Bahamas in December is the same as south Florida weather, it's rare that a real cold front comes thru that early in December, usually January is our coldest month. We have been on 3 day cruises to the Bahamas during November and December and the weather was beautiful...nice and warm in the 80's (and no fears about a hurricane). We took an excursion in Nassau to Blue Lagoon island and the water was a little cool but felt great because it was so hot out. You should be fine weather-wise unless Mother Nature decides to surprise us with a rare cold front.

shaylorraine July 19th, 2009 04:57 PM

I'm feeling better by the minute

Yet another positive outlook for a good trip. Thank you so much for your reply, it means a great deal to know others have had a great experience in December.

Trip July 19th, 2009 07:34 PM

I also agree about early Dec, and the probablity it will be gorgeous, January is the month there that it can get chilly , as a friend of mine experienced, and we were on a cruise that had rough seas in January, in the Bahamas....the only time I ever came close to being seasick...

Plan on a glorious cruise!

shaylorraine July 19th, 2009 07:40 PM

I love you guys, you give me so much hope!

bguppies July 20th, 2009 04:17 PM

We've been there in late January and it was too chilly to swim in the ocean.
Air temp was low to mid 70's.

Early December you should be fine, barring a freak cold snap.

Just watch the weather in Orlando/Port Canaveral the week you leave.\

Nassau is straight out from there, so the weather fronts move off the Florida coast and out to them.

So if Florida is in the 80's around your cruise, you will be fine.

Bill

shaylorraine July 20th, 2009 04:27 PM

thank you

Thank you for your feedback. Somewhere in my head there is this voice that says if you are looking at Fla to forcast your warmth in December you are a very desperate creature. Q

ncstate7991 July 21st, 2009 10:27 AM

Well, I typed a long response and then it got deleted, so here is my short response.

December cruise ... great weather temps in the 80s in the Bahamas

March cruise ... woke up in Miami on day of departure and it was 49 degrees. High that day was in the mid 60s and very gusty winds. Bahamas was a little better with temps in the 70s. News station in Miami said it was the coldest air of the entire winter season ... in March! St. T and St. M delivered the hot humid weather I was looking for.

You never know, but go with a positive attitude and you will have a wonderful time!

shaylorraine July 21st, 2009 10:55 AM

Thanks for leaving me a long message even though it was deleted, your attempt was greatly appreciated since I do love information. What I have come to realize is that I have signed on for a pot luck vacation, is that positive thinking on my part? No, but seriously, I will hope for the best and know if I am able to spend time with people like those of you have taken time out to give me feedback here, I will be a very lucky individual. Thanks Q

Trip July 21st, 2009 11:58 AM

Shay, your enthusiasm and positive attitude is infectious, and I hope everyone catches it;) Have a ball, and, let us know just how much fun in the sun you had!!

shaylorraine July 21st, 2009 12:21 PM

Fun in the sun or fun doing my best rendition of Fred Astaire with my big umbrella and winter coat. Q