Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 6th, 2009, 01:56 PM
Admiral

Default Anyone going on Imagination soon or recently cruised her?

I'd love to share expectations with anyone who hasn't cruised her yet and get info from anyone who has recently cruised her.

I'm going in March 2010 with my mom, who is retired. I'll be 51, she'll be 73.

We plan to do a trolley ride and then walk around Mallory Square in Key West and do the Deluxe Beach Resort excursion in Cozumel and will do any time dining. We'll have a cat. 6C outer view cabin on the Main desk.
Sponsored Links
Old October 6th, 2009, 09:05 PM
Admiral

3 weeks to go til I am onboard her.
Old November 16th, 2009, 04:26 PM
Familiar Face

Yea yea!!! More info please, will be on her June 2010

Read and post cruise reviews

Carnival Fascination March 2008
Carnival Destiny March 2009
Carnival Imagination June 2010
All Inclusive Cancun August 2010
Carnival Destiny October 2010
Carnival Fantasy May 2011
Carnival Fantasy October 2011
Carnival Fascination January 2012
Old November 19th, 2009, 09:33 PM
Passenger

We had a good time on the Imagination in Oct. It was renovated recently and everything looked in good condition. The shows and other entertainment was enjoyable. I thought the food was okay in all respects. If I had any recommendations to them, it would be to try and improve on their desserts. Most of them were just cakes or cookies like they came off of the shelf. Don't get me wrong, I still gained weight on this one. The pizza was good as was the deli and the Mongolian Grill. This was our first Carnival cruise so I was concerned that it was going to be like spending time with a bunch of spring break college students. That did not happen. There were many families on board and enough stuff to keep everyone entertained. We boarded the ship in minutes after just a short wait at the Miami pier.
Old November 21st, 2009, 09:55 AM
Admiral

Thanks BN! Nice to hear a good report! Did you do the Key West/Cozumel Itinerary? If so, how was it getting off the ship in both ports? Were you docked or tendered in for Cozumel? Were you docked at Mallory Square or at the naval base in Key West? Also, did you hit the Serenity area and if so, was it5 peacedful? Do they play some spa music or something like that? Do you have any photos you took of the ship and ports online and if so, can you provide a link to them? Thanks!
Old December 1st, 2009, 10:48 PM
Passenger

We did the 3 day tour to the Bahamas. It was nice since they dock one day and stay there all day and overnight. You set sail the next morning for those that like to stay out late. We did not do the Serenity or any of the spa so I can't speak about how those areas were. We took pictures and will try and get them on the site at a future time. I'm looking at taking a 5 day out of New Orleans at the end of Jan. with a couple of days to see New Orleans before the cruise. The prices can't be beat. If I only lived closer to the ocean with some of the prices that are being offered. My flights will cost as much as the cruise. Oh well, that's why we work!