Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 29th, 2009, 10:26 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip
Default Dick Tracy Takes a Cruise:)

Are you the type of cruiser who "investigates" every part of your ship, from stem to stern, or, are there parts you just never get to, or want to see...you mean there really is a gym onboard??????

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Sponsored Links
Old December 29th, 2009, 10:57 PM
Admiral

I'm not one to do a lot of investigation, especially in areas that I'm not interested in.I always study the layout of a ship before I ever get aboard, especially if it's one I haven't been on before so I'm pretty familiar with the layout when I walk aboard and know what I'm interested in and what I'm not. I try to just lay back and relax more than anything.
However, I have been known to do " maintenance " work in the cabins a few time--like getting up in the night and cram paper or something in a ceiling panel that was rattling-- I tried for a week once on Celebrity's Zenith to stop a rattling in the ceiling panel and never got it stopped. When I moved the panel up to place a wad of paper in it, there must have been at least a dozen others fell out where other people had tried to fix the same thing!
I've used baby oil to stop creaking hinges on the closet doors, balcony doors,etc.Some maintenance work, yes--real investigation into all the corners, no .
Old December 30th, 2009, 07:55 PM
Admiral

We used to look at (and photograph) every inch ! Now, like Ron, I study the deckplans so we know where we want to go. I don't have a clue what the spa/gym area looks like, we don't sit in the sun or swim so we just go to the pool area if we want a burger or pizza, we don't have kids so we never see the kids area, and we eat Anytime Dining so we don't know what the Traditional Dining room looks like.

Even after all the Princess cruises, we've never made it to Skywalkers , although we have no trouble finding Crooner's!

(Thanks for the baby oil tip, Ron. I've sometimes wished I had a can of WD40!)

"A truly happy person is one who can enjoy the scenery on a detour."

Carnival Inspiration 2002 Carnival Elation 2004
Grand Princess 2004 NCL Sun 2005
Sun Princess 2006 NCL Dream 2007
Caribbean Princess 2007 NCL Dawn 2008
Island Princess 2008 Island Princess 2009
Golden Princess 2009 Carnival Conquest 2010
Grand Princess 2010 Island Princess 2011
Grand Princess 2011 Carnival Magic 2012
Carnival Dream 2012 Island Princess 2013
Carnival Magic 2013 Carnival Legend 2014
Sea Princess 2014
Old December 30th, 2009, 08:46 PM
Admiral

We usually check out most of the ship prior to setting off. Bruce sometimes does use the gym so of course we check that out and will checkout the spa, and of course the resturants. Even if we don't use an area we still like to see what things look like.

Caribbean Trip Reports
Star Princess 2005, Sun Princess 2005
Caribbean Princess 2006, MSC Lirica 2006 , NCL Pearl 2007, Majesty of the Seas 2008, Carnival Destiny 2008, MSC Lirica 2009, Carnival Valor 2009,Carnival Legend 2010, Carnival Liberty 2010,Carnival Fantsay 2011,Carnival Valor Feb 2012, MSC Poesia Dec 2012, MSC Poesia April 2013, Carnival Legend Nov 2013, MSC DIVINA Jan 2014, MSC Divina Oct 2014
Old January 1st, 2010, 07:56 PM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to Maumekim Send a message via MSN to Maumekim Send a message via Yahoo to Maumekim

This will be my first cruise and I am planning on examining every inch! Im nosey and a photo fanatic

1st cruise Jan 31, 2010 Carnival Splendor
Old January 1st, 2010, 09:48 PM
Admiral

I honestly saw a post one time several years ago ( I don't know if it was on this site or another ) where a guy had actually measured everything in the cabin and made a report. He listed the number of drawers, the depth, length, width of same, the dimensions of the closets, the beds, t.v., vanity-- the size of the bathroom, shower, etc---you name it--if it was in the room he had it measured and noted.
I never figured out how someone could get that involved , especially when he was supposed to be vacationing.