CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Carnival Cruise Lines (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/)
-   -   Playa De Maya beach excursion in March (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/370376-playa-de-maya-beach-excursion-march.html)

Michelle1959 December 30th, 2009 08:00 AM

Playa De Maya beach excursion in March

If anyone has been on this beach in March, what is it like? Is the water/shore filled with seaweed or is it nice and clear for wading? I'm thinking of doing this for our Cozumel excursion when my mom and I cruise Imagination in late March.

Are there sufficient lounge chairs WITH umbrellas and are they free - if not what is the charge for an umbrella? We're both pale and burn easily, need the protection.

How is the food at the buffet that is included? Alsok I understand they also have a restaurant or two tghere, is that food better than the buffet and is it worth paying for that instead of doing the excursion that includes the buffet?

Thanks!

Kuki December 30th, 2009 06:12 PM

We did that excursion last year during the Bloggers Cruise and I enjoyed the day there. The price included chairs, umbrellas, etc. and the buffet was pretty decent.

Michelle1959 January 1st, 2010 01:11 PM

Thanks, Kuki! Your thumbs up is all I need to know we'll have a blast! Michelle

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kuki (Post 1265223)
We did that excursion last year during the Bloggers Cruise and I enjoyed the day there. The price included chairs, umbrellas, etc. and the buffet was pretty decent.

lhp January 1st, 2010 05:02 PM

Another all inclusive that "may" (or may not) be a possibility is Nachi Cocom.

They charge $49.95 through Island Marketing and are usually for a more adult ( relaxing) type.... less young adults and partying....

This charge is for all the alcohol you can consume and a 3 course meal...a pool, chairs, umbrellas etc....

Does not include snorkeling or other activities.

It is about the same price for a taxi to both...so just another option....

Michelle1959 January 1st, 2010 05:33 PM

Is that also for the Plaza Maya beach on the west side of Cozumel? I want a beach on that side, not the ocean side, so the water will be calmer.

Also, I prefer to stay with cruiseline-sponsored excursions, so that in the event of a flat tire by the bus, or other delays, the ship will wait for us.

Quote:

Originally Posted by lhp (Post 1265519)
Another all inclusive that "may" (or may not) be a possibility is Nachi Cocom.

They charge $49.95 through Island Marketing and are usually for a more adult ( relaxing) type.... less young adults and partying....

This charge is for all the alcohol you can consume and a 3 course meal...a pool, chairs, umbrellas etc....

Does not include snorkeling or other activities.

It is about the same price for a taxi to both...so just another option....