Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 12th, 2010, 02:15 PM
Familiar Face

Default Carnival Victory Sailing from San Juan!!

I just booked a cruise on the Carnival Victory, sailing from San Juan. It's a port packed cruise, and that was what I was looking for! My main question is about the room that I booked, It's right on the Lido deck room 9286. Anyone know if there is a entry right to the deck outside my room? I can't tell from the deck plans.

I was also looking for some shore excursion that don't break the bank, and wondering what days are good for beach days. The ports are
-St. Thomas
-Dominica
-Barbados
-St. Lucia
-St. Kitta
-St. Marteen

If anyone is planning this itinerary, I'm more than happy to chat about whatever!
[/FONT]

**Carnival Valor 12/2008**

**Carnival Victory 12/2010**

**Carnival Valor 11/2012**
;-)
Sponsored Links
Old February 12th, 2010, 07:10 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Here is some info I can share with you about your ports....an island tour is always a great way to get the lay of the land, and see alot...and you can always beach it everywhere!

St. Thomas If you like to snorkel, you could take the ferry over to St John, where it's amazing. Take the tram to the top of the mountain, shop the flea market by the psot office...

Dominica has mostly eco friendly tours, if this is not your cuppa tea, you can save $$ here..no shopping to speak of either.

Barbados Visit Harrisson's Caves, a spectacular cave system, you get around on trams, totally amazing!

St. Lucia have not been

St. Kitts have not been

St. Marteen.. the America's Cup tour is $$ but I know people who have done it and loved it! You can save on other ports, and splurge here. Something to do once, if it's up your alley

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old February 12th, 2010, 09:47 PM
Familiar Face

Wow thats good to know, I usually like the "adventure" style excursions. But with a port everyday I'm sure I will need my R+R days, I looked at the virtual tour on carnival.com and I can see that there is a door right outside my room! I'm sooo excited ... and I got a great deal

**Carnival Valor 12/2008**

**Carnival Victory 12/2010**

**Carnival Valor 11/2012**
;-)
Old February 12th, 2010, 10:00 PM
First Mate

Which date do you leave? I'm on this cruise in March 2010 - 14 thru 21. I was actually on this same cruise but via RCCL in September of 2009.
RCCL Freedom : April 2012
CCL Destiny : April 2011
CCL Valor : September 2010
CCL Victory : March 2010
RCCL Adventure : September 2009
RCCL Monarch : March 2009
RCCL Mariner : September 2008
CCL Liberty : March 2008
CCL Valor : July 2007
CCL Celebration : March 2007
CCL Elation : March 2006
CCL Fantasy : October 2005
Old February 12th, 2010, 10:05 PM
First Mate

P.S. When in St. Thomas.. You must visit Megan's Bay. I actually have a card from the Taxi Driver who took us on a tour of St.Thomas and dropped us off at MB..

We tend to not book excursions via the cruise ships because right outside the gates you can get the same exact excursions for a lot less money. Many people will talk about how "not good" doing that can turn out to be but I've never had any problems. Many times i'm on excursions with people from the ship and the only difference is, they've paid more.
Old February 13th, 2010, 07:19 AM
Cruise Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMG View Post
P.S. When in St. Thomas.. You must visit Megan's Bay. I actually have a card from the Taxi Driver who took us on a tour of St.Thomas and dropped us off at MB..

We tend to not book excursions via the cruise ships because right outside the gates you can get the same exact excursions for a lot less money. Many people will talk about how "not good" doing that can turn out to be but I've never had any problems. Many times i'm on excursions with people from the ship and the only difference is, they've paid more.
When I went to Baja California on a cruise, we booked our own tour when we got off the ship. It was a very, very enjoyable experience, and much cheaper than Carnival's price, the best part was that lunch was included. But there's always that fear of "what if..." I don't want to miss the ship if something unexpected happens while on tour on my own.
Old February 13th, 2010, 12:43 PM
First Mate

I think many people get confused about; not buying excursions from Carnival. I've never purchased an excursion on my own where I wasn't a part of a bigger group that purchased theirs from Carnival.

You have to look at it like buying apples from an apple farmer. If I lived across the street from the apple farm, why would I go to the supermarket to buy the same apples? The supermarket (Carnival), is going to mark up the price of the apples from the farm (The Tour Vendor), because they have to make money for getting that product to you but when I get off the boat (my front porch), and walk 100 feet to the gate (the farm), the apple (the excursion), is still the same, except cheaper..

All my neighbors will be there with their higher priced apples and I'll be there too.. With my apples that are just as red, just as juicy!
Old February 13th, 2010, 01:34 PM
Admiral

EMG...what happens if the apple farmer stiffs you
Old February 13th, 2010, 05:31 PM
First Mate

I'm not really worried about that; had you thoroughly read anything I wrote, I wouldn't have to type this response. If paying 1/3 more for something will ease your mind then, that's what you should do. I'm going to continue to pay 1/3 less and enjoy the same excursion(s).