Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 22nd, 2010, 12:11 PM
Beginner

Default Carnival Glory/New York

We just booked our cruise out of New York and I was wondering if anyone could tell me a decent priced hotel to stay in close to port and what airport we should fly into so we aren't driving forever. This is the NewEngland/Canada 5 night trip. Any other tips would be welcomed about going on a cruise.
Sponsored Links
Old March 25th, 2010, 07:24 PM
First Mate

When are you going ?
boB
Old March 30th, 2010, 02:43 PM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via AIM to dhudd

We're booked on the Glory for this November, sailing to the Eastern Caribbean. Let us know how the ship is. Have a great cruise...

MS Carnival Spirit 10/2006
MS Carnival Victory 12/2005
MS Star Princess 12/2002
MS Carnival Victory 12/2000
USS Bristol County, LST 1198, 1980-1982
USS Turner Joy, DD951, 1973-1978
Old April 8th, 2010, 04:39 PM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via AIM to ara0926

Hi!

I booked (thru Hotwire) the Holiday Inn on 57th St for my June 10th, 4 Day on the Glory. It isn't that far away from the port. However the Times Square Area isn't too far but they may not be the cheapest. Check Hotwire they had some great prices when I booked a few months ago. You may even do better than I did.

The Closest airport is LaGuardia but you might have better rates into EWR or JFK so they are worth looking into but Taxi fares will be higher depending on where you hotel is.

I have sailed on the Glory before and enjoyed it...the layout can be a bit confusing especially if you have the Aft dining room! But you will have a wonderful time!

Take Care
Ashley
Carnival Glory 2010 St. John NB Canada
Carnival Legend 2009 Western Caribbean
Carnival Spirit 2009 Alaska
Carnival Splendor 2008 Exotic Eastern Caribbean
Carnival Sensation 2008 Nassau
Carnival Inspiration 2008 Cozumel
Carnival Glory 2007 Western Caribbean
Elation 2006 Eastern Caribbean
Old April 12th, 2010, 04:26 PM
Cruise Maniac

We are also doing a cruise on the Glory out of NY. It is the Canada 5 night, as well. We got a pretty good deal on Priceline for our hotel. We are staying at The Roosevelt Hotel New York. We are flying into White Plains-Westchester County, NY (HPN). It's apparently an hour or so from the cruiseship, but it was a lot cheaper to fly into that airport. We arranged for a driver to pick us up at the airport and drop us at our hotel. The next morning we will take a cab to the cruiseship. It's $179.50 for the 4 of us from the airport to our hotel. Then a $10 cab ride the next morning. Once we get off the ship the driver will pick us up at the port and take us to the airport for another $179.50. This is all less than $100 per person. Hope this helps!