Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 7th, 2010, 08:41 PM
Captain

Default New Past Guest Email Survey

Looks like Carnival may be examing their past guest program. I got a survey from them tonight. It took about 20 minutes to complete and asks lots of questions about the program and your opinions on potential changes.

Funny enough, I like this type of thing, it makes me think that they may actually care what I think : )

What would you like to see them change about the past guest program?
Carrnival Victory 2004, Carnival Valor 2005, Carnival Fantasy 2006, Carnival Fascination 2006, Carnival Destiny 2007
Carnival Sensation 2007. Carnival Fascination 2007 Carnival Triumph 2008, Carnival Fascination 2008, MSC Orchestra 2008, Carnival Fascination 2009, Carnival Glory 2010

Waiting for the Carnival Imagination June 28,2010
Sponsored Links
Old April 7th, 2010, 09:38 PM
Beginner

I'd like to see them reward you each time you return to Carnival. Wouldn't have to be much, a little something for the 2nd, and a little bit more for the 3rd, etc. Perhaps a free dinner at one of the 'reservations only'. You'd be surprised at how a small thank you makes a person want to show their loyalty. Like you said, it feels good to simply be asked your opinion. This is our 4th coming up and I have no reason to be loyal to Carnival. I understand that the 3 and 4 day cruises can't count, but the week long + should be appreciated. There certainly are many to choose from out there.
Old April 8th, 2010, 12:27 AM
Passenger

Never cruised yet, will in sept but already planning on others so I would say Carnival should set up a program like airlines do with frequent flyer miles.
Maybe a Frqeunt cruiser program, you add up points each time adn then either get great rewards as they pile up or get enough to get a free cruise.
Old April 8th, 2010, 08:09 AM
Captain

I suggested that they offer discounts to correspond with different cruise levels: ie. 15% off of photos on your 15th cruise, 20% off of gift shop stuff on your 20th in addition to the regular perks.

I personally prefer straight perks over mileage and points based programs. And really, for them to throw in a free supper on every week long cruise once you reach a certain level, that isn't really a big deal for them, but it sure would be big to the regular cruisers.

I also made the point of saying that the program for loyal guests should be different from the program for guests who spend mucho moolah on their cabins. I think that when you get a suite for xxx$ it should come with its own set of perks separate and apart from the perks that others get because they've sailed a bizzillion times with the same line.
Carrnival Victory 2004, Carnival Valor 2005, Carnival Fantasy 2006, Carnival Fascination 2006, Carnival Destiny 2007
Carnival Sensation 2007. Carnival Fascination 2007 Carnival Triumph 2008, Carnival Fascination 2008, MSC Orchestra 2008, Carnival Fascination 2009, Carnival Glory 2010

Waiting for the Carnival Imagination June 28,2010
Old April 8th, 2010, 10:09 AM
Admiral

There was a hypothetical question on that survey stating that if you do not sail x amount of days within a 24 month period, your Platinum status will be null and void and it asked if you would be willing to pay x amount of dollars if you are unable to cruise within that 24 month period to maintain your status. Did I read this correctly?

After my loyalty with Carnival over the years to attain Platinum status, my inability for whatever reason (personal or financial) to sail with Carnival in a two year period shouldn't cancel my hard earned Platinum status and I certainly will not pay to keep my status active.
Old April 8th, 2010, 10:44 AM
Administrator
Admiral

All of the cruise lines are making changes to their Loyalty Programs. Royal Caribbean, who once had the worst, now have some good perks for their highest level members. Daily cocktail parties, private breakfast areas and continental breakfast in a private lounge, free laundry, discounts on cabins and other things. They have cut back on their onboard discount programs (coupon books) and there is less "free" stuff in it.

Carnival is now lagging behind in Loyalty rewards. Priority boarding doesn't isn't enough anymore. They need to increase the onboard amenities and discounts that other lines now offer.

I also believe that Carnival needs to increase their suite perks. Since they changed their categories and pricing they need to give people more incentive to book these higher end cabins.

I am not a Platinum member on Carnival but I am Diamond and Elite on Royal Caribbean and Celebrity and the Loyalty perks definitely influence my decision. There are other issues, such as food, that sway me away from Royal Caribbean and put Carnival above them on my selection list but the perks help to make up the difference.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old April 8th, 2010, 10:15 PM
Admiral

I just booked my next cruise today. A free upgrade from oceanview to balcony would be great. Just saying....
Old April 10th, 2010, 12:53 AM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike M View Post
Carnival is now lagging behind in Loyalty rewards. Priority boarding doesn't isn't enough anymore. They need to increase the onboard amenities and discounts that other lines now offer.
Carnival's program was non-existent up until just a few years ago (like 3?). A ship pin and a past guest party prior to that was it.

The free wash and fold laundry service is a huge perk to me and is included with even the least expensive cabin for Platinum members.

That Carnival Corp reinstated a dividend for shareholders is also important to me. Being profitable is always a good thing. It helps ensure longevity.

I think the Platinum benefits are more than sufficient. I wouldn't mind seeing something additional for the various Milestone levels (25, 50, 75, 100) cruises.

I think the price of cabins on Carnival is quite reasonable. Yes, they could inflate the prices to allow for a discount, but that is just playing accounting games.

While repeat business is important to cruise lines, they cannot grow the business on repeat customers. They need attract new cruisers to grow.

Carnival started as a non-elitist company and that is a huge factor in their success. Being a mass market cruise line is how to best ensure survival.

During the economic situation of the last year or two, repeat customers were a bigger factor. Now that the economy is picking up, I think cruise lines will shift again to trying to attract new customers and loyalty programs will become less of a factor.

As to the email survey, are you still eligible to win a free cruise??? ;-)
Old April 10th, 2010, 09:28 AM
First Mate

Platinum Milestone needs big time fix. After your 25th cruise you go back to just the Platinum perks. The more you cruise it don't matter.
Old April 10th, 2010, 06:50 PM
Admiral

I think the Platinum perks are pretty much in line with what you pay for a Carnival cruise....

however, I would like to see them add some Milestone Reward perks.

Automatic upgrade (like the airlines do) would be nice. Hubby flies almost every week and never pays for First Class.....but he gets upgraded for free 2 out of 3 flights!!

When we cruised in January, they did upgrade us from a 6B to an 8F and the reason they gave was because we were all Milestone members......

so perhaps some things are improving !!!

If it is Carnival and it floats....we have sailed it!

Hubby ... DIAMOND (every ship except the Carnivale)
Me ... DIAMOND (every ship starting with the Tropicale)
20 year old son ... DIAMOND (every ship starting with the Tropicale...he is the only DOUBLE Milestone under the age of 21)
24 year old son ... DIAMOND
Old April 10th, 2010, 07:21 PM
First Mate

Default Survey

We have been on 7 cruises on carnival and we NEVER got a follow up survey? boB