Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 17th, 2010, 03:27 PM
Passenger

Default RE: Carnival drinks question

Planning a cruise on Carnival Dream for September. First time on Carnival, but have been interested in Carnival and the Dream for a longtime. Was reading this link below, basically each guest can bring a 12 pack of pop and a bottle of wine or champagne per person. Thats fantastic.

Had two questions the corkage fees only apply in the Dining Room and steakhouse, otherwise if the bottles are within the 1 per pax 750ml there is no fee, just take it on. In the Carnival mini bar fridges are you able to store your own drinks there? What other complimentary drinks are onboard the usual suspects- ice tea, coffee, tea, regular water, anything else like the cappacino machines NCL has in the buffet restaurants? Thanks.

Frequently Asked Questions

Norwegian Jade 5 Night Scandinavia Mini Cruise
- May 2009
Sponsored Links
Old April 17th, 2010, 03:50 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by canuckcruiser16 View Post
Planning a cruise on Carnival Dream for September. First time on Carnival, but have been interested in Carnival and the Dream for a longtime. Was reading this link below, basically each guest can bring a 12 pack of pop and a bottle of wine or champagne per person. Thats fantastic.

Had two questions the corkage fees only apply in the Dining Room and steakhouse, otherwise if the bottles are within the 1 per pax 750ml there is no fee, just take it on. In the Carnival mini bar fridges are you able to store your own drinks there? What other complimentary drinks are onboard the usual suspects- ice tea, coffee, tea, regular water, anything else like the cappuccino machines NCL has in the buffet restaurants? Thanks.

Frequently Asked Questions
There is no corkage fee if you open and drink the wine in your stateroom. There is a corkage fee for opening in a public venue.

You can ask your cabin steward to clean out the mini-bar and then you can put your stuff in.

I don't remember seeing a cappuccino machine on Carnival. Only regular coffee was included.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old April 17th, 2010, 07:06 PM
Admiral

You CAN get FREE cappuccino in the dining room! Just ask your waiter/bus person and they'll get it for you! GREAT perk IMO.

"SKY"
Old April 18th, 2010, 08:24 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Cruznut2 Send a message via Yahoo to Cruznut2

Thanks Ken, Nice bit of info to know.

Laura
“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“
---Mark Twain

Old April 18th, 2010, 08:47 AM
Admiral

Carnival cabins have a mini fridge stocked with little booze bottles, wine, and soft drinks, which you will be charged for if you used them. You can ask to have the fridge emptied to accomodate your own stuff.
We usually bring some wine, which we uncork ourselves in the room, and sometimes some rum for hubby, which he has with the Coke that the room steward keeps stocked in the fridge for us.

Freebies in the Carnival Lido buffet include water, ice, fruit juice at breakfast, iced tea (weak and unsweetened) and lemonade. Also, regular coffee and tea. All other drinks must be bought at the bars around the ship.
If you drink a lot of soft drinks, purchasing a "Coke Card" is a good idea.
For one weekly fee (around $30 I think now) you can have free soft drinks at any bar (no dining room or rooms service).

Hope that helps...

donna
Old April 18th, 2010, 08:56 AM
Administrator
Admiral

The Coke card can be used for soft drinks in the dining room. I've used it on Pride, Legend and Miracle.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old April 18th, 2010, 08:39 PM
Beginner

I know you can bring wine on board. Do they check your bags when you get back on from the port? When we went on Princess several years ago we brought some rum back in our bag. I never even opened it anyway but this time I might want to.
Old April 19th, 2010, 09:04 PM
Passenger

I'm a Diet Pepsi addict and there aren't any Pepsi products on Carnival. I have taken them with me in the past with no problems. Also took wine and rum. Almost all the drinks have rum in them but not enough to do much good. I take a tall insulated coffee container to the pool and it's full of rum. Just add a little to every drink.

Read and post cruise reviews

CARNIVAL FANTASY Sept. 2008
CARNIVAL CONQUEST Oct. 2006
CARNIVAL TRIUMPH Oct. 2010

"Its Five O'Clock Somewhere"
Old April 22nd, 2010, 03:04 AM
Passenger

Thank you so much for all your help and suggestions , much appreciated. Anyone know the price of the soda package based on a 7 day cruise? Thanks so much.

Norwegian Jade 5 Night Scandinavia Mini Cruise
- May 2009
Old April 22nd, 2010, 03:56 AM
First Mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smallbore View Post
I know you can bring wine on board. Do they check your bags when you get back on from the port? When we went on Princess several years ago we brought some rum back in our bag. I never even opened it anyway but this time I might want to.
Yes they check your bags when getting back on. Now when you bring wine on it must be in your carry on or it will be confiscated and returned on the last night.

Bill
Old April 22nd, 2010, 03:58 AM
First Mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by canuckcruiser16 View Post
Thank you so much for all your help and suggestions , much appreciated. Anyone know the price of the soda package based on a 7 day cruise? Thanks so much.
price is $6pp per day plus 15% gratuity added. Also sales tax if you buy the card before the ship leaves port. For kids it's either $4.00 or $4.50 per day.

Bill