CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Carnival Cruise Lines (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/)
-   -   Shampoo in the dispensers? (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/373378-shampoo-dispensers.html)

2Littletime April 20th, 2010 09:24 PM

Shampoo in the dispensers?

Does anyone know the brand name of the shampoo that Carnival is currently using in the dispensers in the cabin showers? I should really know the answer to this but I guess until it became important (allergies) I didn't really pay much attention. I'm trying to pack as light as possible (thanks to the joys of air travel) and this would be just one less item I need to lug with me or buy when I arrive. I called Carnival and the first rep didn't know that there were dispensers in the showers and the second rep told me that they don't normally give out that information because it is considered advertising??? I laughed, thinking that was just code for I dont' know and I'm too lazy to go ask. I should have just come here and asked the experts first, but silly me I thought Carnival might just have the answer!

Thanks for your help : )

dhudd April 21st, 2010 02:22 AM

You should ask someone that is going on a cruise in the very near future, And to have them ask their cabin Steward,s and or there assistant steward what brand of shampoo it is. They're the one that refills the dispenser.

2Littletime April 21st, 2010 02:07 PM

I don't actually have time to wait for anyone else, our flight leaves in less than 48 hours : )!!
I'll just pack stuff I know that doesn't bother his allergies, then we'll be safe!

katlady April 21st, 2010 03:51 PM

I looked, but I couldn't find an answer. I always bring my own. Not because if allergies I'm just picky.:D I know this is to late for you, but I will look and see what shampoo it is on the Splendor.:D Oh hang on someone said Ivory shampoo. Someone else said Dove shampoo. I won't use either brand so I'm bring the good stuff. Here is the link. BTW is this you?
http://www.carnival.com/Funville/forums/t/55616.aspx

2Littletime April 21st, 2010 09:25 PM

That is too funny Katlady, no that is not me, but I guess I'm not the only one on that sailing who is wondering! I have a profile on the carnival site, but I really only have time to play on one site per day and the people here are so very much nicer than over there.

I seem to think that it may be Dove, but my daughter disagreed and my husband piped up and said that is wasn't the same on all of our cruises so I don't really have any idea what it is, but in less than four days I'll be able to answer this question : )

katlady April 22nd, 2010 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2Littletime (Post 1287810)
That is too funny Katlady, no that is not me, but I guess I'm not the only one on that sailing who is wondering! I have a profile on the carnival site, but I really only have time to play on one site per day and the people here are so very much nicer than over there.

I seem to think that it may be Dove, but my daughter disagreed and my husband piped up and said that is wasn't the same on all of our cruises so I don't really have any idea what it is, but in less than four days I'll be able to answer this question : )

Have a great cruise. I thought maybe it was you because it was the same ship and question. But now I see it was in 2009 not 2010.:D

CandySpy April 23rd, 2010 03:56 PM

I know the past Carnival Cruise's I've been on they leave samples in the bathroom of herbal essence & fructis. I think it is dove in the dispensers. I bring my own also. Have a great cruise!
Happy Cruising!

Trip April 23rd, 2010 05:15 PM

I could bet that any lower level employee, would not know the answer,and, any higher up personnel, would condsider this info, top secret....

When a hotel or ship puts out mini bottles, they give it the house name...

Solo1959 April 24th, 2010 02:29 PM

On my cruise they had unnamed shampoo, here's a pic of the dispenser: 0023 cabin 4152 bathroom pictures from friends & fun photos on webshots

The soap was Lever 2000 at the time