Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 12th, 2010, 10:22 PM
Familiar Face

Default parking cost at Miami port

How much is the cost for parking at the Miami Port? Is the parking safe? We will be traveling 1st week of Dec. Thanks Al
Sponsored Links
Old October 12th, 2010, 10:47 PM
Admiral

$20 per day. We have never parked there but it looks like it is well light up at night and there is sercurity 24/7.

Guadeloupe Accommodations

Star Princess 2005, Sun Princess 2005
Caribbean Princess 2006, MSC Lirica 2006 , NCL Pearl 2007, Majesty of the Seas 2008, Carnival Destiny 2008, MSC Lirica 2009, Carnival Valor 2009,Carnival Legend 2010, Carnival Liberty 2010,Carnival Fantsay 2011,Carnival Valor Feb 2012, MSC Poesia Dec 2012, MSC Poesia April 2013, Carnival Legend Nov 2013, MSC DIVINA Jan 2014
Old October 13th, 2010, 04:03 AM
Familiar Face

Miami-Dade County - Port of Miami

This might answer your questions.

Carnival Ecstasy 2008
Carnival Ecstasy 2009
Carnival Conquest 2010
Carnival Magic 2012
Carnival Triumph 2013
Old October 13th, 2010, 02:22 PM
Admiral

Yep, $20 per day, and appears to be safe. We've never had a problem while parking there, (many, many times) but it is sometimes a PIA to get into the parking garage. Occasionally, they'll have multiple ships sailing from the same area, at the same time, and only one guy/gal taking money to get into the garage. Last fall, we waited nearly a full hour in line, to get into the garage. Thankfully, that was the exception, rather than the rule. Usually, it's just fine.

"SKY"
Old October 13th, 2010, 06:14 PM
Familiar Face

Default Yikes!

$20/day?!?! Wow. I think I paid $7/day in Galveston for fenced/lighted/patroled!

Old October 13th, 2010, 08:54 PM
Familiar Face

Is there a Hotel near by which offers a park and ride? $20 per day will cost over a $100 to park for a week. Al
Old October 14th, 2010, 02:38 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Cruznut2 Send a message via Yahoo to Cruznut2

I just sailed from Miami in September. The following is an excerpt from my review of this cruise. I highly reccomend this hotel.

Pre Cruise

Extended Stay America Miami - Brickell - Port Of Miami
298 SW 15th Rd, Miami Florida 33129
305-856-3700
here is the link to this property.

Miami - Brickell - Port of Miami, Overview - Extended Stay America

This trip I decided to drive to Miami the day before the cruise.. There were many options to consider for parking during the cruise. In my research I found a hotel that offered free parking for the length of the cruise. My research revealed that the hotel had good reviews so I booked it. I did my booking on line at their website. I chose the senior rate which was $71.24 I paid around $80 with taxes. I felt that was very reasonable as it would save me $140 in parking at the port. The shuttle to the port was $10.00. Returning from the cruise I took a taxi back to the hotel for $14.50
The hotel was located on a quiet street near the Port of Miami. I found the hotel to be clean and very quiet. My room had a queen bed . The room was equipped with a small kitchen.. Supplies for coffee were there also. More coffee was offered in air pots set up in the lobby in the morning. There was no continental breakfast.. They have vending machines that were very high priced. I walked across to the Walgreens store and they had nice fresh pastries for sale.
The hotel did not have a restaurant within it. There is a nice Italian restaurant nearby within easy walking distance. Had I spent more time exploring I might have revealed other places. Since my niece lives in Miami she picked me up and we went to Bayside Market Place for a drink. For dinner I was tired and chose to stay in the room. Two menus were slid under my door. Both offered sandwiches, pizza, salads, soups. I chose a sandwich and soup. It arrived promptly but was not very good. The soup was canned and the sandwich was on stale bread. I ate part of it and tossed the rest, too tired to care. Needless to say I was in bed early. It had been a long day and a long drive from Lakeland.
“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“
---Mark Twain