CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Carnival Cruise Lines (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/)
-   -   Carnival Pride - looking for information (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/377541-carnival-pride-looking-information.html)

RobertZanzerkia October 17th, 2010 09:02 PM

Carnival Pride - looking for information

Hi,
I just booked my 4th cruise (3rd on Carnival) on Pride out of Baltimore to Bahamas in Feb 2011.
I have some questions that I hope you all can help with.
My past cruises were 1998 - RCCL Granduer of the seas, 2000 - Carnival Triumph, 2002 Carnival Sensation.

1) I booked category Balcony- 8E deck 7.
I had a choice to book on Panorama deck 8 (Classs but I was concerned that above deck is public space and I get much more noise... Is that a valid concernt? For $60 more TOTAL, I could have gotten 8K deck 8.
However I like my current location mid-ship. I am not sure I should switch now.

2) What's the going price for beer (tap or bottle of Corona or Heineken ?)
(Wine, or hard liquor or not my thing, only beer :))

3) Offshore excursions seem to have gone up :-)
Any good recommendations for Port Canaveral (already seen NASA), Nassu, freeport on our own? Like beach or snorkel type...

Thanks,
Robert

BobMiller October 18th, 2010 07:37 PM

You made the right choice to stay on deck 7. We had a deck 8 cabin on the Miracle which is the same class of ship and heard deck chairs sliding all the time. At 2:00am they stacked the deck chairs and slid the stacks around to clean the deck. At 5:00am they started setting them up again.

We had deck 6 on our last cruise on the Legend, another of the same class of as Pride. We were in the last section and it was very quite. Deck 7 is between two residential decks so unless you get an unlucky assignment of neighbors you should have a great cabin.

Ours was so nice we booked a cabin in the same area on the Pride next May.

Our nieces wanted to do the new Harry Potter world at Universal next year then go back to Atlantis the following year. I found this itinerary where we could take a day trip to Hershey PA, then Cruise, and take the Universal excursion in Port Canaveral, and the Atlantis excursion in Nassau, plus the stop at Freeport. So now they're getting 3 fantasy trips in one.

S.S.Oceanlover October 18th, 2010 10:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RobertZanzerkia (Post 1323585)
Hi,
I just booked my 4th cruise (3rd on Carnival) on Pride out of Baltimore to Bahamas in Feb 2011.
I have some questions that I hope you all can help with.
My past cruises were 1998 - RCCL Granduer of the seas, 2000 - Carnival Triumph, 2002 Carnival Sensation.

1) I booked category Balcony- 8E deck 7.
I had a choice to book on Panorama deck 8 (Classs but I was concerned that above deck is public space and I get much more noise... Is that a valid concernt? For $60 more TOTAL, I could have gotten 8K deck 8.
However I like my current location mid-ship. I am not sure I should switch now.

2) What's the going price for beer (tap or bottle of Corona or Heineken ?)
(Wine, or hard liquor or not my thing, only beer :))

3) Offshore excursions seem to have gone up :-)
Any good recommendations for Port Canaveral (already seen NASA), Nassu, freeport on our own? Like beach or snorkel type...

Thanks,
Robert

Corona and Heineken are $4.95 a bottle plus 15% gratuity.

It could very wel be a tad cold to snorkle in February. We cruised in February a few years back while we did go into the water is was COLD!

Bill

RobertZanzerkia October 21st, 2010 09:04 AM

ok good...

Thanks everyone....
Looks like I will stay put with my cabin choice 7273.

Robert

zydecocruiser October 21st, 2010 09:35 AM

Not specific to Carnival Pride, but we did a cruise on Carnival Sensation last February and it went to Nassau and Freeport.

I did snorkel in Nassau, it was a kind of windy and a little coll that day, but I survived. In Freeport, you can catch a $5pp shuttle to Our Lucaya and walk around, lay on the beach, shop, eat, etc. Some of the resorts have day passes available, but I didn't try those.

Anyway, for the pictures from Freeport and Nassau on that trip, see here:
Carnival Sensation, Feb 14-18, 2010, Main

In Nassau, you could also do a free, self-guided walking tour. Pictures of what that is like are here:
Free Nassau Walking Tour

Happy Cruising!

RobertZanzerkia October 22nd, 2010 07:47 AM

Thanks...

Hi,
Great pictures... I went on both Triumph and Sensation back in 2000 & 2002. You took some nice pictures.
I found your pages on Bahama very useful for planning our trip.

Robert
Quote:

Originally Posted by zydecocruiser (Post 1324310)
Not specific to Carnival Pride, but we did a cruise on Carnival Sensation last February and it went to Nassau and Freeport.

I did snorkel in Nassau, it was a kind of windy and a little coll that day, but I survived. In Freeport, you can catch a $5pp shuttle to Our Lucaya and walk around, lay on the beach, shop, eat, etc. Some of the resorts have day passes available, but I didn't try those.

Anyway, for the pictures from Freeport and Nassau on that trip, see here:
Carnival Sensation, Feb 14-18, 2010, Main

In Nassau, you could also do a free, self-guided walking tour. Pictures of what that is like are here:
Free Nassau Walking Tour

Happy Cruising!

RobertZanzerkia October 22nd, 2010 07:59 AM

I forgot to ask:
As a past cruiser (apart from the discounted fare) do we get any special treat onboard?
I remember on my 2nd Carnival they sent chocolates and captain's party...

Thanks,
Robert

zydecocruiser October 22nd, 2010 08:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RobertZanzerkia (Post 1324521)
I forgot to ask:
As a past cruiser (apart from the discounted fare) do we get any special treat onboard?
I remember on my 2nd Carnival they sent chocolates and captain's party...

Thanks,
Robert

There will be a Past Guest party with cocktails.

The Captain's Party has changed - no more free drinks, but there are drink discounts. Instead there is a "Farewell" gathering - usually the last night of the cruise about 5pm (times may change). The Farewell gathering is not really advertised. There may be a blurb in fine print about it in the Fun Times (Capers) the first day and the day of the event. There are free cocktails at the farewell thing.

Other than that, I wouldn't expect any special treat, but sometimes it happens and if you use a travel agent, sometimes they send things.

RobertZanzerkia October 23rd, 2010 08:44 AM

Universal and Atlantis...

Quote:

Originally Posted by BobMiller (Post 1323762)
Our nieces wanted to do the new Harry Potter world at Universal next year then go back to Atlantis the following year. I found this itinerary where we could take a day trip to Hershey PA, then Cruise, and take the Universal excursion in Port Canaveral, and the Atlantis excursion in Nassau, plus the stop at Freeport. So now they're getting 3 fantasy trips in one.

Hi Bob,
I am also thinking of going Universal for the day. Carnival charges $149/per person ($600 for 4). However if I rent a car it's about $50/day and then $82.xx/pp = $360 total $410. I realize I have to manage time properly and get back in time :-)

I could not find day trip info on Bahamas Resort, Bahamas Hotels, Island Resorts | Atlantis Paradise Island does anyone know?
However I just found this site: http://gocaribbean.about.com/od/tour...itAtlantis.htm that has useful info on day trip to Atlantis.

We been to Hershey many years ago. Chocolate factory tour (not a real factory) is good.

Robert