Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 8th, 2011, 03:52 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Default Proposal Idea

Okay, I know this has been asked a million times before. And trust me, I've read quite a few of the boards discussing this. But I still haven't had my question answered completely.

I want to propose obviously, but my question pertains to how I am going to propose and who, or how I would contact a CD in order to make sure that it will be 100% guaranteed to happen. I really don't want to book a cruise, be completely prepared and then it not happen the way I wanted it to.

Heres the deal:
My girlfriend (of 8 years) and I have pretty much grown up together and have went through alot together. I know she wants to get married, and I do too (I bought the rings in 2009) but never felt that it was the right time yet. Now I feel that I am pretty well set, and in a good position to make this next decision in my life.

So here is my idea,
I used to play in a band, and ever since then she has always loved my music and my singing. Unfortunately, as my time gets more cluttered with work and other things the band kinda disappeared and went on the wayside.

I want to sing and play "our song" and have a slideshow video on one of the BIG performance nights right before the opening on the performance. What I need to know is whether or not the CD would be willing to give me a microphone, and guitar hookup so that I can do this? It would only take about 3-4 minutes.

I have the guitar, and can pay for its extra weight for when I break it down to fit hidden in my suitcase. Or do you think its possible to use a guitar that is already on the ship (possibly like renting it for an hour or something like this)?

Now that you see what I have envisioned, you can see that I have put some time into the thought and preparation for this moment and I've been practicing the song for some time now. I really don't want to get on the boat, and because things didn't go as planned; end up doing what everyone else does proposing at a dinner table. And I'm not downplaying that style of proposal at all, It just doesn't suit me and my personality.

I know she likes surprises, and me singing is something shes always loved. So I think she will love this idea, but I want to know if any of you have any ideas on how I can make it a reality and not have to worry about it falling through.
Sponsored Links
Old March 8th, 2011, 04:35 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Go on Facebook,and friend John Heald he is THE cd on the Carnival...email him and go from there..if anyone can help you,John can

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old March 9th, 2011, 08:19 PM
Admiral

OK, Trip had the same idea. Do what she says. It will get done.