Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 7th, 2011, 07:12 PM
Familiar Face

Default Ship-Exclusive or Random Ship?

How do you pick your cruise ships? I've noticed that some people are very attached to certain ships (cruising them multiple times), while others pick random ships.

Personally, I'm not sure where I fall yet. I'm very excited to try something brand new (Magic Jan '12), but at the same time I'm also excited about booking for the new Breeze. I'm not sure if I would like to cruise the same ships, seeing as I'd always compare the vacations.

What do you prefer? Same ship, or new ships every vacation?

Carnival Liberty, 1/28/11
RCCL 2003,2004
Sponsored Links
Old May 7th, 2011, 07:33 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Pick a ship

Well it's really is up to you. I have been on 9 Carnival cruises but never on the same ship. I like to find the really best deals too. November, December you can find last minute fares on Carnival for $299 per person for 7 days just be ready to book on a Tuesday or Wedensday and leave that weekend. Plus I am only 211 miles from Miami so that helps alot no airfares needed here. I have also been on 3 Ncl, 4 Rccl and 1 Costa (never again) and 1 Princess. I would like to try the Allure of the Seas some day It really sounds great. I also think the Dream, Magic and Breeze will be great ships to explore too. And make sure to purchase one of those "Future Cruise certifacates" on the ship.
A free 100 dollars shipboard credit on you next cruise. I will be using one for my November Cruise for sure. Ed
Old May 7th, 2011, 07:35 PM
First Mate

Whatever works best for whatever time I can get off from work and whatever fits in my budget. Granted, I really want to go on DCL, but my super discounted cruises are only announced about 45 days out, which makes it really hard to plan for. My next cruise is RCCL Monarch of the Seas because its a fund raiser group cruise. I probably wouldn't have considered such a short trip otherwise. November will probably be Carnival just because they've got sail dates that work with my time off, go where I want to go, and the price is right.

Past cruises:

Disney Dream - Dec 2013 4n Bahamas
Disney Dream - Dec 2012 4n Bahamas
Carnival Imagination - Dec 2011 4n Western
Carnival Imagination - Nov 2010 4n Western
Costa Atlantica - Dec 2009 7n Eastern

My opinions are mine and mine alone. They do not represent the opinions of The Walt Disney Company nor any of its subsidiaries.