Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 13th, 2011, 01:09 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Default Carnival Conquest

I'm looking for some assistance from anyone who has recently been on the Carnival Conquest. I have cruised on several different cruise lines and Carnival has always been my favorite. However, after a few years of sailing with Norwegian, I took another Carnival cruise on the Triumph and was very disappointed. I am considering taking another cruise on the Conquest with people from my church and am trying to find out if what I experienced on the Triumph is being done fleet wide. I've been on the Conquest 4 times and each time, I had a blast. They had parties practically every night in the Degas Lounge or on deck. They also had a Mardi Gras night. They divided everyone on the ship into 3 groups and we went from place to place competing for points. It was definitely a fun ship. On the Triumph they only had 1 deck party and there were no parties in the lounges. They seemed to focus more on comedy and those R rated comedy shows were more like XXX rated shows. If you didn't go to the comedy shows, the only other thing to do was go to a lounge and just listen to music and dance. There were not organized parties with the cruise director staff entertaining you. I need to know what is happening on the Conquest and if it is like I remember it or if it is the same as the Triumph. I cannot get any answers from Carnival. If I can't find out more information, then I will have to change to Norwegian. I can't expose my pastor and his family to the atmosphere that existed on the Triumph. I want a fun ship, not a nasty ship. I want the cruise director and his staff to actually earn their money. It seems like the activities they participate in is getting less and less.
Sponsored Links
Old May 13th, 2011, 04:40 PM
Captain

I miss the nightly shows in the theater too. I was on Conquest last Sept, so not that recently, but we only had 2 1/2 shows in the main theater. The comedy shows have replaced the nightly main theater shows on the other nights. I say 2 1/2 shows, because they pushed one of the singing and dancing shows early, and the ship was rocking in the waves, so only the two singers sang the songs there were no dancers.

We were supposed to pick up entertainment in Jamaica, but we missed the port, so maybe there would have been more otherwise.

Iv also been on Triumph, Ecstasy and twice on Elation since then, and unfortunately yes it is a trend. They will have a game show in the theater with bingo instead of a big Magic show or whatever else they used to have.

I noticed more cutbacks to me, like they almost never had tomatoes on the salad bar during lunch this time. The last cruise they seemed to be short on watermelon. I usually love the ribs the first night but these I had last week were dried out and tough.

Some of the above is why Im anxious to try RCL coming up. I think maybe Iv just done so many Carnival cruises lately Im a little burnt out on Carnival and need a switch. .. to see if Im burnt out on cruising or just on Carnival.