Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 19th, 2011, 08:53 AM
Familiar Face

Question Food allergy question

Hello!

Before I ask my question, I want to say first off that am well aware of my allergy and how to avoid what I can not eat at home or a familiar environment. I don't want the be "that woman" that the wait staff or Maitre'D dreads to see. So, if you all could help me avoid that very thing, that is my main goal. I have seen the movie "Waiting"...:eek:

I have a soy allergy. The problem with a soy allergy is, at least in my case, my allergy is not only internal, but external. I have to check labels on absolutely everything, ever single time I buy something. That includes food, lotions, shampoos, fabric softeners, chocolate; the list goes on and on. It's so much fun, let me tell you. Anyhow, I'm not complaining, it is just the way it is. But, my "concern" is finding out if there is a way to get an ingredient list for the meals I will be eating. I assume I probably need to stay away from the buffet. But, finding out what kind of cooking oil is used, if they use butter versus margarine in a recipe or if the dressing is mayonnaisse-based, is really going to be a trick. I assume that the powers that be in the ship's kitchens are well aware of allergies but catering to any and/or all is daunting. I do not expect them to bend my needs, but I would like to not be confined to eating nothing but raw fruit and veggies for the whole trip.

Thanks in advance!
Kimberly

Read and post cruise reviews
Sponsored Links
Old May 19th, 2011, 12:04 PM
Admiral

I think that as long as you are able to see the Matre'D when you first get on board and talk with him he should be able to help you with this. From what I have heard he can show you a copy of the next nights menu each evening and be able to tell you if what you are allergic to is in any of the dishes. This way you can avoid the soy.

Guadeloupe Accommodations

Star Princess 2005, Sun Princess 2005
Caribbean Princess 2006, MSC Lirica 2006 , NCL Pearl 2007, Majesty of the Seas 2008, Carnival Destiny 2008, MSC Lirica 2009, Carnival Valor 2009,Carnival Legend 2010, Carnival Liberty 2010,Carnival Fantsay 2011,Carnival Valor Feb 2012, MSC Poesia Dec 2012, MSC Poesia April 2013, Carnival Legend Nov 2013, MSC DIVINA Jan 2014
Old May 19th, 2011, 02:21 PM
Cruise Maniac

Perhaps you just might want to leave a brief statement of your medical history with the ship's medical, or if you are accompanied by someone, let them know your history as well, just in case...
Good luck and mangia!
Old May 19th, 2011, 03:38 PM
Familiar Face

Thanks so much!

Read and post cruise reviews