CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Carnival Cruise Lines (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/)
-   -   Has anyone tried a cove balcony cabin? (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/383007-has-anyone-tried-cove-balcony-cabin.html)

Paul Motter June 8th, 2011 09:33 PM

Has anyone tried a cove balcony cabin?

And if you have - was it on a bigger ship, like Dream or an older revamped ship like Fantasy.

Did you like them, or did you think they left the room too dark and not really like a balcony cabin?

flowers June 9th, 2011 12:27 AM

The only ships with cove balconys are Dream and Magic and soon Breeze.

so it would have to be on one of those ships.

Cunard has them and calls them in hull balconies. (also owned by Carnival).

They are balconys which are more enclosed, down on deck 2, close to the water line. People seem to love them and more privacy.

ruthlessboss June 9th, 2011 06:49 AM

I liked the cozy feel of a cove. If you are a sun worshipper, you may not like one.

Paul Motter June 9th, 2011 11:08 AM

I am sure I have a picture of a Fantasy class ship with some cove balconies. I was surprised to see them myself, but there they were. I took it in Nassau.

flowers June 9th, 2011 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul Motter (Post 1375315)
I am sure I have a picture of a Fantasy class ship with some cove balconies. I was surprised to see them myself, but there they were. I took it in Nassau.

Im also 100% sure only Dream class has cove balconys. You might have seen the Fantasy class ships that had balconys added and hung off the hull and think these are called cove balconys. Cove balconys are a new concept from Carnival and being new to this class of ship, thats why they are so popular.

It is true that the Fantasy class ships that have the new added balconys, they are on decks, 5, 6 and 7 (and bottom deck on Fantasy class is deck 4) so they do start the same place .. but they look different and are just called balconies on Fantasy class ships that did not have balconys before (4 Fantasy class ships now have the new added balconys).

cove balconys, the hull is part of the structure of the balconys. The balconys on Fantasy class added were hung off the outside of the hull... cove balconys are very enclosed, but have a big circle to look thru. I'm kinda confused now what you are asking about. Cove balcony is a specific category. Go look at Dream or Magic and pretend to book and you will see it listed as a 7A.

Paul Motter June 9th, 2011 02:08 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Okay -

They were not cove balconies - but I KNEW I saw balconies on a Fantasy-class ship - Here is Fascination which I saw in Nassau.

These are similarly close to the sea (ground - whatever...)

You are right that they are "hung off of" the hull... or built onto - It is something of a womder that they would make them "cove"-style on Magic & Dream, but just regular balconies on this class - even though both are within the hull and close to the water line.