Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 1st, 2011, 09:45 PM
First Mate

Default Carnival Pride Question

Hi there!

Getting ready to leave for our cruise VERY SOON ....but do have a question or 2 for my friends on Cruisemates.

Does anyone happen to know if there is a place onboard the Carnival Pride where I can get boiling water 24/7 for my Tetley tea, yes....I take my own tea bags on a cruise( I'm a cheap date) I take a travel mug with me.

I would also like to know if when you buy that sticker the "Bottomless Bubbles", it's not like RCL and you don't get a cup? I guess if not then my hubby will have to bring a travel mug for his "drinks", I have bought from the Bon Voyage department a bottle of CC to be in our cabin when we board and we are also taking onboard a 12 pack of pop( Canadian for soda) But the sticker we will use for my cranberry juice...that is ok I hope to be used for that.

As you can tell I'm a newbie to Carnival..not to cruising....just Carnival, we've been on 7 previous cruises all with RCL.

Thanks for any help you can give me!

Gail
Comet Cruiser

Sponsored Links
Old September 1st, 2011, 09:48 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comet Cruiser View Post
Hi there!

Getting ready to leave for our cruise VERY SOON ....but do have a question or 2 for my friends on Cruisemates.

Does anyone happen to know if there is a place onboard the Carnival Pride where I can get boiling water 24/7 for my Tetley tea, yes....I take my own tea bags on a cruise( I'm a cheap date) I take a travel mug with me.

I would also like to know if when you buy that sticker the "Bottomless Bubbles", it's not like RCL and you don't get a cup? I guess if not then my hubby will have to bring a travel mug for his "drinks", I have bought from the Bon Voyage department a bottle of CC to be in our cabin when we board and we are also taking onboard a 12 pack of pop( Canadian for soda) But the sticker we will use for my cranberry juice...that is ok I hope to be used for that.

As you can tell I'm a newbie to Carnival..not to cruising....just Carnival, we've been on 7 previous cruises all with RCL.

Thanks for any help you can give me!

Gail
Comet Cruiser
The Lido will have hot water available at the coffee stations. I wouldn't count on it being "boiling". You can also buy a soda card when you board and I do believe you get a large travel type mug with it. It is only good for soda (pop) and not for juices.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old September 2nd, 2011, 09:19 AM
First Mate

Fruit juice is available 24hrs., on the lido deck, I don't recall if there is cranberry juice there. Be aware that the decor on the pride is unusual in that there are nude frescos and a replica of the statue of David. I did hear some comments about it, I overheard a lady say " WHAT IS THAT" when she saw the statue of David, to which my son replied, "The europeans call it art". Enjoy your cruise!!
2004 "Glory"
2004"Victory"
2007 "Liberty"
2007" Explorer of the Seas
2009 "Valor"
2009 "Fascination"
2011 " Pride"
2014 "Adventure of the Seas"
Old September 2nd, 2011, 10:38 AM
Captain

The FAQs state the soda card is good for soda or juice .. both. Just go to the nearest bar. One difference from RCL is the soda comes in cans, though at the bars you get a glass of soda, but at dinner they just give you the can.

pop is also what the midwest calls soda. Im from Ohio where its pop. Its not particularly a Canadian term.