Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 17th, 2011, 11:17 PM
Familiar Face

Default Parking car at Tampa airport instead of port?

I just read on the Carnival website how you can get discounted parking rates over at the Tampa airport. It will be about $70 to park at the port but $42 to park at the airport. We're not flying into Tampa, though (Obviously I guess lol). Anyone done this? Is it a hassle to go over into the airport area and take a shuttle to the port? Seems like a no brainer when you save almost $30. Oh and the rate we got was through Payless Parking. Anyone done this before in Tampa? What was the process like?
Sponsored Links
Old November 18th, 2011, 04:15 AM
david30101

Never done it, But just make sure your not being "charged" for the shuttle to and from the port. That cost alone will be allot more in total then as parking at the pier.
Old November 18th, 2011, 08:14 AM
Admiral

I've never done it, but always park at the port. It's so convenient, and frankly, the small savings is a "drop in the bucket" compared to all the other costs involved in a cruise. Parking at the port is so convenient, and easy, that it's just worth the extra few dollars, to me, to avoid the inconvenience of finding a shuttle, etc.,etc.,etc. I guess the $30 would buy you a couple of "drinks of the day" however.

"SKY"
Old November 18th, 2011, 08:33 AM
First Mate

My best experience was when my husband and I stayed at a Holiday Inn near the port the night before the cruise and they let us leave our car in their parking structure for the durationg of the cruise at no charge!

I would go out of my way to park at the airport to save $30 on parking. I disagree with those who say "What's another $30". I read that a lot about all types of things cruising, but to me the less you spend overall the better the value of the vacation over all!

Golden Princess 9/8/2012
Carnival Elation 11/02/2009
Carnival Pride 04/24/2006
Carnival Pride 05/23/2004
Carnival Elation (I think) 1999
Old November 18th, 2011, 08:52 AM
Captain

Im told a taxi from the airport to the port runs about $30 each way (or $15 pp). Im staying near the airport myself.

I dont think they would have a free shuttle to the port.
Old November 18th, 2011, 11:45 AM
Captain

Send a message via AIM to fun2cruiz

If they provided a FREE SHUTTLE to the port than the savings would be excellent, but I seriously doubt they provide that free shuttle. So the savings would be gone when factoring in the price of a r/t cab.

Hotel/Cruise parking packages are very common in the Florida market, but sometimes the cost of the hotel room will be significantly higher as they build in the parking fee's into the room cost.

Shop and compare what works best.... not only financially, but logistically too !

"January"
Blizzard Flavored Treat & Cake Of The Month
"Strawberry CheeseQuake"
Old November 21st, 2011, 11:30 PM
Familiar Face

Thanks everyone. For some reason I thought/heard that there were free shuttles to the port from the airport. But since that's not the case I'll stick with the port.