CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Carnival Cruise Lines (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/)
-   -   Anyone do a vow renewal on Carnival? (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/386773-anyone-do-vow-renewal-carnival.html)

sconner December 31st, 2011 08:20 PM

Anyone do a vow renewal on Carnival?

How was it and was it worth the $385?

travelgalSue January 1st, 2012 09:58 AM

Sconner, I had clients that did this on the Legend in 2010 and they were so happy with how it was handled. They told me it was worth every cent spent.

sconner January 1st, 2012 09:28 PM

thank you I plan on booking it soon for Nov of this year

glenda55 January 18th, 2012 07:41 PM

I too am planning on November

FoxPaws75 January 19th, 2012 03:44 PM

Wife and I did a renewal last march. There were around 26 or us in the group, the price was more than worth it. We went for the hor d'vorse (sp?) and 1 hour of drinks to go with it, and I still think it was worth it.

The down side, you have to use the Carnival photographer, and he/she is going to want to monopolyze your time getting photos (and selling them to you a few days later). We did end up purchasing the photos, which was more than I wanted to spend, but since the wife and I did a JoP wedding the first time around we figured it was time we got some real wedding photos anyway.

All in all, very much worth it. and if you have a large group going with you opt for the small reception to go with it.

DreadLockCruiser January 19th, 2012 10:41 PM

I actually got married on a cruise, worth every cent!

Truck Cruiser January 20th, 2012 02:16 AM

I have seen couples get married on Carnival before the cruise but I thought that only Princess actually married couples at sea.

I have also seen folks get married in St. Thomas, since it is a American holding.

sconner January 21st, 2012 08:14 PM

I am just going with the smaller $385 package due to the fact it will just be me, DH and DD. The open bar and such are not needed.....How many photo's did they end up taking and how much did they run in price..Did they offer any kind of deal on them?

inv106 January 25th, 2012 11:57 AM

I would love to do that for the wife too.

FlaglerGuy January 28th, 2012 02:35 PM

I had a friend that just renewed his vows, they were very happy with the service and the line did a great job. We had a blast.

FoxPaws75 February 3rd, 2012 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sconner (Post 1411143)
I am just going with the smaller $385 package due to the fact it will just be me, DH and DD. The open bar and such are not needed.....How many photo's did they end up taking and how much did they run in price..Did they offer any kind of deal on them?

I'm gonna go with the cop out answer and say 'A Lot' I would guess that we got at least a hundred photos, however, they are spendy. I think we paid about 1600 for the photos....best advice I can give...pay hard sell if you really want the photos, they'll add in more and reduce the price more, if you can read people you can get a good idea of when your going to get your best offer, then it's a matter of yes or no.

We ended up with all of our photos, even the ones the photographer didn't care for.