Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 1st, 2012, 10:54 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Snoozeman Send a message via Yahoo to Snoozeman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capndinghy View Post
Hello Ray. I finally got around to coming over here. I have a feeling that you guys are much nicer than 'that other place' that shall remain un-named.
Hey CapNdinghy! Great to see you here. Take a look around...it's a great community. We try to keep the conversations about cruising and not personal controversies although we do have a 'gossipy area' in the Chit Chat section. Good work on your blog posts... believe it or not we just a few sprinkles of rain.

My Personal Cruise Blog: My Cruise Blog

Future Cruises:
Carnival Triumph-Caribbean-7/28/2014, Carnival Legend-South Pacific-8/30/2014, MSC Preziosa-Mediterranean-10/25/2014, MSC Fantasia-Mediterranean-11/2/2014, Navigator of the Seas-12/14/2013, Norwegian Jewel-1/3/2015, Emerald Princess-1/11/2015, Carnival Freedom-2/2/2015, Carnival Freedom-2/15/2015.
Old July 1st, 2012, 11:00 AM
Welcome Newcomer

Ok, here is a question. I hope this is the right place to post it?

When you are looking to book a cruise online, they show you available cabins.

I suspect that they are not showing ALL available cabins.

Is there a way to see everything available?

Thanks!
Old July 1st, 2012, 11:04 AM
Familiar Face

Not really, TA's have a hold on cabins an release them to Carnival if there not sold at a later date.
Old July 1st, 2012, 11:06 AM
Familiar Face

Thank you for the nice welcome Ray. You all have a very nice site here and I look forward to interacting and trading experiences with other cruisers.
Old July 1st, 2012, 11:11 AM
Familiar Face

Quote:
Thank you for the nice welcome Ray. You all have a very nice site here and I look forward to interacting and trading experiences with other cruisers.
Good to see you here I miss those outstanding reviews .
Old July 1st, 2012, 11:14 AM
Familiar Face

Default Good Morning

Hello everyone !! Gov here !! Hope I find everyone doing good. Miss you guys. Where is ROBBBBB!!:
Old July 1st, 2012, 11:16 AM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to T C Send a message via AIM to T C

Welcome Gov! Glad you found your way here!

But why is the rum gone? ~ Capt. Jack Sparrow

also booked: 10/10/13 Carnival Victory B2B, 01/12/14 Carnival Sunshine
Old July 1st, 2012, 11:20 AM
Familiar Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by host mach View Post
if i can get past the name i'm sure she'll be a perfectly wonderful ship. All of the renderings i've seen have been simply amazing!!!

I wonder how crowded it will be with a 13% increase in passengers 20% reduction in MDR space with same # of crew I've sailed 17 times on destiny,triumph and Victory, ship was pretty crowded
Old July 1st, 2012, 11:21 AM
Familiar Face

Default Reviews?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Phil View Post
Good to see you here I miss those outstanding reviews .
Why Thank you Dr. Phil. I wonder if I should post some of my reviews here?
Old July 1st, 2012, 11:26 AM
Familiar Face

Please do I never did find the ending of your last ( I think TA review )
Old July 1st, 2012, 11:33 AM
Admiral

Chuck, we have a review section or you can post in the particular cruise section as well. A great feature of Cruisemates is that you can store your photos here...create an album and you can then use them in reviews or posts! That's a great feature for those that do not have a photo site.

Future Cruises:
Carnival Triumph-Caribbean-7/28/2014, Carnival Legend-South Pacific-8/30/2014, MSC Preziosa-Mediterranean-10/25/2014, MSC Fantasia-Mediterranean-11/2/2014, Navigator of the Seas-12/14/2013, Norwegian Jewel-1/3/2015, Emerald Princess-1/11/2015, Carnival Freedom-2/2/2015, Carnival Freedom-2/15/2015.
Old July 1st, 2012, 11:34 AM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestTxCruiser View Post
G, Linda and her family are on the Conquest in Sept with me and my family. Can't wait to meet her.....and hear her sing!!

Yes and we are going to have a BLAST!!!!

If it is Carnival and it floats....we have sailed it!

Hubby ... DIAMOND (every ship except the Carnivale)
Me ... DIAMOND (every ship starting with the Tropicale)
20 year old son ... DIAMOND (every ship starting with the Tropicale...he is the only DOUBLE Milestone under the age of 21)
24 year old son ... DIAMOND
Old July 1st, 2012, 11:35 AM
Admiral

I love reading cruise reviews! There are some really nice ones here ...

Cruise Reviews; Cruise Line and Ship Reviews by Top Travel Writers and Submitted by our Readers

maybe you could post some of your reviews there Capndinghy

Old July 1st, 2012, 11:38 AM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waiting4acruise View Post
Will she be trying out for the Legends show?

This depends on many factors.

IF they have the OLD show....because the female parts on the new show are to high for me.

I have a very low voice.

If the OLD vocal chords hold up. Years ago, I could sing all night....now I can not.

What is that old joke that guys used to say about what I used to do all night now takes me all night to do....

vocal chords....same thing!!!

20 year old son ... DIAMOND (every ship starting with the Tropicale...he is the only DOUBLE Milestone under the age of 21)
Old July 1st, 2012, 11:39 AM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by T C View Post
Paul Motter, since there is no "like" button the thumbs up will have to do!

Thank you Paul!
I "two thumbs" that myself!!

Old July 1st, 2012, 11:40 AM
Familiar Face

Quote:
I love reading cruise reviews! There are some really nice ones here ...

Cruise Reviews; Cruise Line and Ship Reviews by Top Travel Writers and Submitted by our Readers

maybe you could post some of your reviews there Capndinghy
Thanks Ray and TC....I may do that. When I said here I meant on Cruise Mates and I see you have an area for that.
Old July 1st, 2012, 11:41 AM
Familiar Face

So you dont have to use a site like photobucket ?
Old July 1st, 2012, 11:44 AM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by lhp View Post
This depends on many factors.

IF they have the OLD show....because the female parts on the new show are to high for me.

I have a very low voice.

If the OLD vocal chords hold up. Years ago, I could sing all night....now I can not.

What is that old joke that guys used to say about what I used to do all night now takes me all night to do....

vocal chords....same thing!!!
maybe so .... but you still make a great Cher

Quote:
Thanks TC....I may do that. When I said here I meant on Cruise Mates and I see you have an area for that.
You're welcome Capn

Old July 1st, 2012, 11:56 AM
Welcome Newcomer

Aloha, everyone! I found my over here from Facebook. How did I miss the post about it several days ago? I guess the fact that I can't get on Facebook from work might have something to do with it. Oh well, I'm here now!

I chose a different screen name than some of you know me by and some of you don't know me at all, so I'll introduce myself! My name is Ronna, I live in Houston and I love cruising, especially with my Crazie friends!
Old July 1st, 2012, 11:57 AM
Welcome Newcomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lhp View Post

What?! You're scaring me!
Old July 1st, 2012, 11:58 AM
Welcome Newcomer

Quote:
Hi PATSEACRUISER, no offense taken and since I see you only have 2 posts I'll mention to you that if you want to read the most recent posts on ANY thread, you can just click on "last" page for that thread, or if you only want to see "new" posts since your last visit, you can click on "new" posts in the options menu. I don't think it matters to anyone how many posts anyone else has, as far as I know it's just a number.
I have been a member over a year but have just not posted. I know how the board works and that I can go to last page but then I don't know what I missed and when I go through page after page of hello, goodbye to merely boost post counts it's just draining. Just wondered if that is his way of making him seem so active to get these giant post counts which matter nothing to me but your cruise knowledge and I certainly don't see it through a maze of pointless threads. Well I will climb back off my soap box.
Old July 1st, 2012, 12:00 PM
Familiar Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by CouldBeTheOne View Post

Thanks!
If by "available" you mean everything that's not under deposit, yes, most agent booking engines will show everything, or let you search for a specific cabin. Most consumer booking engines also show all the cabins available. Carnival is the exception there, their consumer facing site only shows a limited number of cabins in the category you select. And Princess has a tendency to show "waitlisted" when there are dozens of cabins available in a specific category.

Even when group space is blocked, specific cabins aren't assigned until deposits are in, so cabins will still show as available.
Old July 1st, 2012, 12:02 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by patseacruiser View Post
I have been a member over a year but have just not posted. I know how the board works and that I can go to last page but then I don't know what I missed and when I go through page after page of hello, goodbye to merely boost post counts it's just draining. Just wondered if that is his way of making him seem so active to get these giant post counts which matter nothing to me but your cruise knowledge and I certainly don't see it through a maze of pointless threads. Well I will climb back off my soap box.
Hi Pat...thanks so much for posting. We have a lot of newbies that are learning the system at once. This thread for example has kind of turned into a "Welcome" thread or catch all for new folks.

We try to keep those long threads you speak of in the Chit Chat area and the cruise talk to the cruise threads.

Thanks again.

Future Cruises:
Old July 1st, 2012, 12:04 PM
Familiar Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoozeman View Post
Chuck, we have a review section or you can post in the particular cruise section as well. A great feature of Cruisemates is that you can store your photos here...create an album and you can then use them in reviews or posts! That's a great feature for those that do not have a photo site.
That is an awesome feature! Thanks for the tip!
Old July 1st, 2012, 12:08 PM
Familiar Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by patseacruiser View Post
i have been a member over a year but have just not posted. I know how the board works and that i can go to last page but then i don't know what i missed and when i go through page after page of hello, goodbye to merely boost post counts it's just draining. Just wondered if that is his way of making him seem so active to get these giant post counts which matter nothing to me but your cruise knowledge and i certainly don't see it through a maze of pointless threads. Well i will climb back off my soap box.
hear!hear!
Old July 1st, 2012, 12:28 PM
First Mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by CouldBeTheOne View Post

Thanks!
When you book online the available cabins shown is what the cruislines want to sell.
However when I book with my PVP he may offer cabins that are not shown available online.
Old July 1st, 2012, 12:30 PM
First Mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderingjew View Post
I wonder how crowded it will be with a 13% increase in passengers 20% reduction in MDR space with same # of crew I've sailed 17 times on destiny,triumph and Victory, ship was pretty crowded
That is some of my concerns also. I will wait for some reviews come out before I decide to book the Sunshine.
Old July 1st, 2012, 12:49 PM
Admiral

Woo Hoo

I love all the new comments from new members. And especially the answers from new members!! Thanks!!

Remember, for your specific questions about cruising, look for the area in the message boards that would be best. i.e. the Carnival Cruise Line section or the general cruise section. That way the members can find your questions and answer more specific.

Again welcome to Cruisemates.

Future Cruises:
Old July 1st, 2012, 12:52 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Paul Motter

As the main moderator here I just have a couple of suggestions...

If you have a specific question the best thing to do is to start your own new thread - not post it on page 5 of an existing thread. Plenty of people were already coming in here before the Crazies came along.

And for what it is worth, I also rarely read any post that is 5 pages long unless the topic seems interesting.

We are called "cruiseMATES" and this site was always meant to be for people to get togther online and onboard.

But it is also a place where regular people who do not know anyone here are entirely welcome to come in and ask questions or just browse. You can get involved as much (or not) as you want.

If you are one of the information seekers then go through the subjects and only look at the titles that seem important to you. No one is required (or even recommended) to read everything here.

And lastly - please do not judge other people based on how they use a forum. If you think a person posts a lot just for attention then pay him no heed. First of all, you are not a mind-reader so there is no reason to be speculating on intent and negatively characterizing other people in these boards. Secondly; commenting on that only would only put the spotlight on it, something you claim you want to avoid.

Everyone here is only responsible for themselves, not what anyone else does.

And yes, we do have photo albums: Just click on the "UserCP" you see top left in the horizontal menu bar above.
Old July 1st, 2012, 12:57 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Good morning Robb and everyone else! I just wanted to say that your good mornings and good nights make my bad days better, and my good days great!

Well, pooh, This is Adobe, not Trplnckl