Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 23rd, 2012, 05:43 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Default NY City Hotels before sailing on Miracle

My wife and I will be sailing on the Miracle next year out of New York City. Plan to fly in a couple of days before to take in the sights. Anyone have suggestions on hotel locations in and around the sights and that would be an easy taxi ride to the port on the day of sailing?
Sponsored Links
Old October 23rd, 2012, 06:16 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

If it's your first visit to NYC I recommend staying at hotel right around Time Square. That's puts you in the center of things, and easy to venture to lots of places from there.... and it's only a short distance to the pier.

Depending on budget, there's Mariott Time Sq, Crowne Plaza Time Square, W Hotel, Paramount Hotel that I can think of off hand.

For one day I recommend the Hop On Hop Off Bus. Gets you to a lot of areas of the city, and you can spend extra time wherever you feel like it.
Old January 4th, 2013, 06:58 PM
Welcome Newcomer

We always stay at Travel Inn at 515 west 42nd st in midtown Manhattan. It is about 6 blocks from Time Square and 5 blocks from the cruise terminal. The hotel is relatively inexpensive by NY standards. It is very clean and the rooms are quite large. We have always been very happy with our stays there.
Old January 5th, 2013, 01:52 PM
Admiral

Default NYC hotels

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidinrr View Post
My wife and I will be sailing on the Miracle next year out of New York City. Plan to fly in a couple of days before to take in the sights. Anyone have suggestions on hotel locations in and around the sights and that would be an easy taxi ride to the port on the day of sailing?

Prior to booking I would check the National Bedbug Registry