Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 23rd, 2012, 10:39 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Default How do I find an employee on a cruise ship?

I'm trying to find someone on the Carnival Cruise who works there. He is the excursion desk person and I only know his first name..... Any help please ? (:
Sponsored Links
Old November 23rd, 2012, 11:00 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

I think the best way to get any kind of info on this, good or bad, would be to ask on John Heald's blog. You can check on Facebook for his page.

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old November 23rd, 2012, 11:06 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Alright, Will do. (:
Old November 26th, 2012, 01:14 AM
Familiar Face

I would hope JH has better sense than to give out any employee information. This may well be very innocent but in this day and age you never know.
Old November 26th, 2012, 08:49 AM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

We have always said here, once you leave the ship without contact info, it's basically over..but, John has the ability to pass along a well done, sort of message to the crewmember. If the OP is looking to persue anything, more, another cruise needs to be booked

He recently tried to help someone, but the name was quite common, but, you are correct, security issues make it difficult, unlike when I first cruised, on RCI,you were given a booklet with passengers names, and, hometowns!

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old November 26th, 2012, 11:16 PM
Admiral

Just the hard facts ---I hope the OP doesn't take what I'm going to say in a way that may mean I'm harsh, uncaring, etc. but you have to be realistic--maybe this was their first cruise and they simply haven't learned yet---
Here's something to remember---people who work on a cruise ship see thousands of different people on a weekly basis. No matter their job, they, for the most part, are friendly as that's part of their job. When the cruise is over, you leave the ship and go home. As soon as the ship is cleared, there's another load of several thousand people coming on. The bar stool you occupied on your cruise last week has a new rear end and face on it this week. The table in the dining room you ate at has a new group of people. Your lounge chair by the pool has a new body on it. In other words, you're basically history as you were there last week--- your cruise is over and a new shipload of people have taken your place.
Next week, this group's week will be over and they will be history as a new group has replaced them so around it goes.
In a lot of cases, the crew doesn't want to hear from a past passenger, for several reasons I could state but won't.
Like Trip said, years ago RCCL would give out a list of the passengers with their names and hometowns. But, that's all changed.
To cut it short, if you want to try to contact someone, send a letter or message to the cruise line's headquarters and see if they will pass on any info to the particular crew person, which is very doubtful.
Just the hard facts--no more, no less!
Old November 27th, 2012, 10:42 AM
Admiral

I can tell you that the Carnival public relations office has told me in the past that the company takes employee privacy seriously and does not provide contact information to current or former guests.
Old November 27th, 2012, 11:50 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Paul Motter

The only thing I ever recommend is that you write the person's name, job title and "c/o ship name" on an envelope and mail a letter to the cruise line's head office.

Like this....

Giuseppe Mangianetti
Maitre D'
c/o Carnival Conquest
Carnival Cruise Lines
3655 NW 87th Avenue Miami, FL 33178

This is essentially the same way that relatives communicate with loved ones on cruise ships. (you can leave off the job title)

That letter should reach the intended recipient although it will take awhile.

It is hard for some people to understand, I suppose, that it is probably better not to let crew members get under your skin, but we do not know why this person wants to contact this person. Maybe he's a daddy? (I know, that's not that funny, but you never know).

Anyway - as said, if you leave a ship without getting the contact information you are seeking, chances are that person did not want to hear from you. If you still want to contact them, you can write a letter as I described.

Old December 29th, 2012, 02:24 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Default Need to find a carnival dream employee.

He worked on the excursion desk and his name was Jordan and I know his birthday but I don't think that's gonna help me. I know y'all are probably like your never gonna find him but I really need to. So please try to help me.
Old December 29th, 2012, 09:19 PM
Admiral

Have you closely read the responses you already have? If so, have you tried contacting John Heald and what was his response, if any? Have you called / sent any mail to Carnival with the info you asked for and with correspondence addressed to the party you're trying to contact? If you've tried the above and failed, that's about your limit. Most companies will not give out personal info re /employees.
Some lessons are learned the hard way.
I don't know what anyone here could do for you and without divulging why you are wanting to contact him, ( your business--not mine )-- I think most would be leery of doing anything if they could --- but the problem is they can't anyway other than what has been offered up in the other posts.
You have to think about what I originally posted --since your cruise, there's been thousands of faces that came and went-- you were one of those thousands.
Again, not meaning to sound hard or uncaring, just factual.
Old December 30th, 2012, 02:23 AM
Cruise Maniac

I agree with Trip about asking John Heald. I think in the past he has forwarded the person that is asking contact info. Then is up to the crew member to reply or not. I find the crew that I have sailed with several times enjoy staying in contact. Have never tracked one down though.

Another option may be to ask on Facebook. There is an open group called Carnival Cruise Lines Crew. Just search for it. Someone may know them as the crew often change ships and know crew on other ships.