CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Carnival Cruise Lines (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/)
-   -   Carnival to the Caribbean (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/393943-carnival-caribbean.html)

Lakers Fan January 3rd, 2013 12:06 PM

Carnival to the Caribbean

What is the average age on the Carnival cruises from NYC to the Caribbean ?

flowers January 3rd, 2013 12:57 PM

The average age I would say is younger than other cruiselines.. but it also changes according to the time of the year. Holidays and summers, there are going to be a lot more children to pull the average down.

I have seen a lot of young families .. and people up in their 90s. But its not like HAL where most of the people are older, but there is always a good mix of ages. All ages.

Lakers Fan January 3rd, 2013 01:37 PM

I was only on Carnival once ,in 1994 . At that time it was a party ship . Carnival is I believe the only cruise line traveling from NYC and returning to NYC .Friends and I are considering a cruise this year .

Aerogirl January 3rd, 2013 02:46 PM

I really don't think you would have a problem with it being a party ship. My last three were on Carnival and I must say it was very low key.

Lakers Fan January 3rd, 2013 03:19 PM

R

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aerogirl (Post 1460356)
I really don't think you would have a problem with it being a party ship. My last three were on Carnival and I must say it was very low key.

Would you recommend a Carnival cruise?

Trip January 3rd, 2013 03:46 PM

It's really a shame that Carnival cannot seem to shake the "party" cruise image, which is just, so long ago and far away.( Remember it was RCI that had George Smith go overboard, which the media and all connected, with the situation, mentioned how much drinking went on. But to my point, any ship can have a group of passengers that fit the party hardy crowd.

I think on NY to NY cruises, which are usually a bit longer, I think the demographic will skew a bit older, but a nice mix, which is what I usually have found on my Carnival cruises.

thecruisequeen January 3rd, 2013 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lakers Fan (Post 1460349)
Carnival is I believe the only cruise line traveling from NYC and returning to NYC.

Explorer of the Seas (RCI) does a nice 9 nighter roundtrip Bayonne.
NCL Gem does a 9 nighter roundtrip New York. Only until April 2013 then starts again in October.

I think it's more the weekend 3 night cruises that may have that party atmosphere.

Dave Beers January 3rd, 2013 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trip (Post 1460369)
It's really a shame that Carnival cannot seem to shake the "party" cruise image, which is just, so long ago and far away.

Wasn't Carnival the first of the mainstream lines to raise the drinking age to 21? I think they were.

Aerogirl January 3rd, 2013 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lakers Fan (Post 1460362)
Would you recommend a Carnival cruise?

For sure I would as long as it's a nice ship. What ship and do you like the itinerary and not just the idea of port location.
You also need to keep in mind it's not Celebrity or an upscale line but I like the price of Carnival and enjoy the line. Never had a problem and I'm not a party girl. (Anymore) :wink:

rollerdonna January 3rd, 2013 08:57 PM

We've done 10 Carnival cruises over the years, and the mean age has varied according to the length of the cruise and the time of the year...Holidays like New Years and March Break bring out the families with young children, a generally younger demographic.
Shorter cruises bring out the college students and party types, but longer (7-14 days) Caribbean cruises seem to be pretty stable with an older demographic. There are always exceptions, but we found Carnival not such a young, party crowd as it has the unfortunate reputation for.

donna

tison1200 January 4th, 2013 12:14 AM

I was on my first Carnival cruise in Dec of last year. It definately did not feel like a party ship (I was on the liberty) The Ceneter of the ships Lido Deck gets most of the action. but there is plenty of room in the Aft and Stern areas if you want peace and quiet.

green_rd January 4th, 2013 07:40 AM

I think you are more likely to find a lot of families on Carnival than lots of young partying adults. Maybe out of NYC might generate more young pros.

Aerogirl January 4th, 2013 10:55 AM

So now it's time to book your cruise LF!!!:)

Lakers Fan January 4th, 2013 02:26 PM

NCL

Quote:

Originally Posted by thecruisequeen (Post 1460373)
Explorer of the Seas (RCI) does a nice 9 nighter roundtrip Bayonne.
NCL Gem does a 9 nighter roundtrip New York. Only until April 2013 then starts again in October.

I think it's more the weekend 3 night cruises that may have that party atmosphere.

I am doing an NCL cruise in a few months .

Lakers Fan January 4th, 2013 02:28 PM

Aero

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aerogirl (Post 1460459)
So now it's time to book your cruise LF!!!:)

During the hurricane recovery period I got to meet neighbors that I never knew prior .I became good friends with some and we are thinking about doing a Carnival cruise in March or May .

S.S.Oceanlover January 6th, 2013 02:59 AM

NCL gem cruises from NY in May.