CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Carnival Cruise Lines (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/)
-   -   24 Hour Soup Bar? (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/396009-24-hour-soup-bar.html)

Dave Beers May 8th, 2013 09:51 PM

24 Hour Soup Bar?

On John Heald's blog today he reposted a message from a guest, asking if Carnival could start offering a 'soup bar' around the clock or at least late into the night. John seemed to like the idea and posed the question to his followers.

So I decided to ask the question here. Do you think being able to get a cup or bowl of soup whenever you wanted it is a good idea?

Personally I like the idea. Oftentimes, the only late night food offerings are heavy, whereas having a little soup might just fit the bill and not provide indigestion like a burger would. Plus I think the soups served on Carnival are generally excellent.

Aerogirl May 8th, 2013 10:11 PM

I like the idea as well and it would be nice if they had the cold soups too.

green_rd May 8th, 2013 11:03 PM

As long as they kept an eye on them so they don't get scummy

Mike M May 8th, 2013 11:57 PM

I love the idea. I would love to have a late night soup over a pizza. The only problem I personally would have is if they don't serve a gluten free soup. Almost all of Carnival's creamed soups are rue based so I'm out of luck.

Take care,
Mike

Jamman May 9th, 2013 08:00 AM

I like the idea as long as they can keep the HOT soups HOT, and the COLD soups COLD!!!

Dave Beers May 9th, 2013 08:49 AM

Maintaining a soup bar would be key. I'm sure we've all been in buffet restaurants where the soup has been sitting for hours and has slowly cooked down into glop. Ditto about the cold being kept cold and hot hot.

brg7000 May 25th, 2013 10:22 PM

I think the 24 hour pizza station should be expanded to include more offerings including but not limited to soup. I think from the Carnival perspective the key is that the station still must be small and simple to allow for single person operation after hours.

tobytovar May 28th, 2013 07:42 AM

Soup Bars

I would love the idea of the 24 hour soup bar. Better late night than the hot dogs and pizza. One of the complaints about the soups offered by Carnival on the buffet is that they are NEVER hot. I would venture to say that they are not even at the 140 degree safe temp. Just got back from 9 days on Fascination and that was the case everyday.

cherylroy May 29th, 2013 10:26 AM

I would LOVE IT.........healthy soups tho!!!!!!!!!!
Pizza sucked on the Breeze...so thin you could see through it.

krunch May 30th, 2013 11:27 PM

I will side with you guys on the soup! While I am not interested in having late night soup, I think it's a good idea as it's a totally different meal / snack compared to the pizza. I don't think it would be fair for me to ask for late night burgers and fries, as much as I would like to have them after late nights in the bars. As long as they are not EXCHANGING the pizza for soup, you have my soup vote as it leaves more pizza for me rofl

Krunch

tandrask34 June 25th, 2013 07:30 AM

Investment

Thanks for nice post