Last minute booking advise needed...
Hey all, I need some advice. We have the Splendor booked for April of next year however I'm contemplating switching jobs which may cause us to have to shift around our finances a bit. My question is this: If I have to cancel because I'm not positive I'll make the final payment date, what are the chances of getting a decent cabin or a cabin at all for that matter 1 or 2 months before the cruise?
First, you need to talk to your agent to find out the type of fare code used for your booking. If you booked something like the Early Saver Fare, then there will be a $50 fee for changing to another booking or you'll lose the entire deposit if you cancel. This applies if you do it before the final payment due date.
However, if you booked a regular fare code, then there will not be any fees if you change or cancel prior to the final payment due date.
As for the availability of cabins, it all depends on how well that particular itinerary is selling. If they've sold alot of cabins, then obviously all the good ones will be taken and all the cheap prices will be gone. Conversely, if sales are slow, then specials could be had and good cabins may still remain.
If you need the deposit money now, then it may be best to cancel provided you do not have a fare code that has fees involved. If there are fees involved, then it would behoove you to wait until just before final payment due date and then make a decision whether to change or cancel.
But talk to your agent as they can provide specific information about your particular reservation.
Of course, if you booked a specific cabin, most likely that will not be available that close to the sailing date...You may want to check out the details with your travel agent and may-be hang on as long as you can, then cancel/re-book before final payment is due and not have to pay any extra dollars for the cancel and re-booking. Best of luck in your new employment, hope it all works out.
You never know. I've got great cabins at a fair price late AND I've have no choice because I waited too long. Just depends.
My BIL just booked a 12 day European late and was burned somewhat. $6K for a balcony, but he wanted on that cruise. In the past he got a flash sale for a bargain rate for 1/3 of that. It just depends on timing, wait list, etc.
|All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:33 PM.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1