Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 12th, 2013, 03:16 PM
Admiral

Default Things Looking Up For Carnival?

I'm really excited by this because I'm thinking Carnival has finally heard the customers complaints and are now making the much needed changes as far as the cut backs implemented over the past few years. I cruise in December so I'll see.

CARNIVAL CRUISE LINES LAUNCHES GROUNDBREAKING NEW
‘GREAT VACATION GUARANTEE’
One-of-a-Kind Program Offers 110 Percent Refund, Complimentary Return Flights
And More Should Guests Not Be Completely Satisfied

MIAMI (September 12, 2013) – Carnival Cruise Lines today unveiled an unprecedented new program that offers
consumers a one-of-a-kind, hassle-free money-back guarantee when booking a Carnival cruise
vacation. Designed to provide consumers with complete peace of mind, the “Great Vacation Guarantee” allows
guests to end their voyage early and receive a 110 percent refund plus complimentary transportation home, along
with a $100 shipboard credit for a future cruise, should they be dissatisfied with their cruise for any reason.
“We are proud to carry nearly 4.5 million satisfied guests each year and are very confident in the quality of
the vacation experience we provide on board the 24 ships of Carnival Cruise Lines,” said Gerry Cahill, Carnival
president and CEO. “The ‘Great Vacation Guarantee’ is designed to provide an assurance to those consumers who
may be considering a cruise that we stand behind our product and, if they are dissatisfied for any reason, they have
a simple and hassle-free means for receiving a full refund and more.”
To exercise the “Great Vacation Guarantee,” guests simply notify the ship’s guest services desk within the
first 24 hours of the voyage to receive a full refund of their cruise fare plus an additional 10 percent, along with
complimentary return air transportation from the next port of call, and complimentary ground transportation and
hotel accommodations (if necessary), along with a $100 shipboard credit to be used on a future Carnival
cruise. Carnival will fully handle all the necessary travel arrangements to make it a truly hassle-free experience.
The “Great Vacation Guarantee” is valid on all three- to eight-day voyages to The Bahamas, Caribbean,
Mexican Riviera, Alaska, Canada and New England departing through April 30, 2015. The program applies to
U.S. and Canadian residents only and guests must possess a valid passport to return to the U.S. by air.
Carnival is promoting the “Great Vacation Guarantee” through its travel agent partners, as well as a special
section on its web site at www.carnival.com/vacationguarantee, and through ads in major market U.S. newspapers
and online.
For additional information and reservations on Carnival “Fun Ship” vacations, contact any travel
agent, call 1-800-CARNIVAL or visit carnival.com.

Home is where you park your flip flops

~Robin~

Need some cruise help?

Carnival - Fantasy 1998
RCCL - Majesty of the Sea 2000
Carnival - Inspiration 2009
Carnival - Freedom 2011
Carnival - Liberty 2013
Carnival- Breeze 2014
Sponsored Links
Old September 12th, 2013, 10:09 PM
Familiar Face

I suppose it's a start... but it's not addressing the real problems.

After our last cruise (February, 2013) we were very disappointed and sent a letter to Carnival explaining the problems we had and made some suggestions.

They failed to reply!

That lack of respect lost our loyalty.

We are looking forward to our 14 night cruise with Celebrity next February! (Are you listening Carnival?)

Celebrity Eclipse, 2014
Carnival Valor, 2013
Carnival Miracle, 2010
Carnival Glory, 2009
NCL Sun, 2007
Old September 12th, 2013, 10:43 PM
Admiral

I take this as they are going to improve things so people won't want to leave.

~Robin~

Need some cruise help?

Carnival - Fantasy 1998
Carnival - Freedom 2011
Carnival - Liberty 2013
Carnival- Breeze 2014
Old September 13th, 2013, 08:43 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

Lets just hope this is a positive move on the part of Carnival...plus, they will have to stick to this new policy...

Message Boards Moderator
Old September 13th, 2013, 11:38 AM
Administrator
Admiral

OK: I admit that my memory is not too good and I may have missed something, but hasn't Carnival had their "Vacation Guarantee" for years?

They may have suspended it at some point and I might have missed it.

This iteration does look more "enhanced" than the previous version, in that they will pay airfare if you elect to do it.

I also wonder if some cheap folks will book a cruise with two sea days at the beginning, pull the guarantee card, and then have a three day cruise, plus $100 for free.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old September 13th, 2013, 12:30 PM
Admiral

It would not win me over. Who's ready to decide within the first day if they like the ship or not? Its the experience over the whole voyage that counts.

Getting an out after the first day is not my way to plan a holiday.

Seeing Carnival's name out-of-the news for several years and reading accounts here of happy patrons, might win me over and get me back. Either way, I would only chance Carnival on a brand new ship. Dream was good, but just a few years into its sailing history - wasn't it stranded at sea?

Royal Oasis of the Seas - 2013 {pending}
Disney Fantasy - 2013
Disney Dream - 2012
Royal Freedom of the Seas - 2011
HAL Eurodam - 2011
Royal Grandeur of the Seas - 2010
Carnival Dream - 2010
Grand Princess - 2002
Royal Voyageur of the Seas - 2000
Royal Sovereign of the Seas - 1999
Carnival Ecstacy - 1991
Old September 13th, 2013, 01:08 PM
Admiral

I am afraid that this ( guarantee ) will be abused by many unscrupulous people.

TM
Sensation 4/2002
Infinity 4/2003
Summit 4/2004+4/2005
Carnival Liberty New Year's Eve 2007
Liberty of the Seas 5/2008+11/2009
Solstice 4/2009
Oasis 4/2010+4/13/2013
Allure 1/16/ 2011
Equinox 4/11/2011
Independence of the Seas 12/29/2013 Top-notch!
Old September 13th, 2013, 01:53 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manuel View Post
I am afraid that this ( guarantee ) will be abused by many unscrupulous people.

TM
You know I'm not to sure. There's no guarantee the type of flight your going to get home, stops and layovers . You have already invested your money for your round trip flight to and fom the cruise unless you live close enough to the port so would it really be worth getting off? Maybe but as Mike said they did have something close to this already and I don't think it's going to be a problem.

As I mentioned I take it as Carnival is going to step up and change things for the better, maybe they are listening to the customers complaints .

There will be the people who try and get the free cuise just because they can but for the most part I don't see it becoming an issue.

Time will tell and I'm looking foward o seeing what changes have been made by the time I cruise in December.....I'm thinking positive .

~Robin~

Need some cruise help?

Carnival - Fantasy 1998
Carnival - Freedom 2011
Carnival - Liberty 2013
Carnival- Breeze 2014
Old September 13th, 2013, 02:00 PM
Admiral

There are many disgruntled Royal pax right now .... from what I read, many are "jumping ship" over the new smoking policy

Carnival has a unique opportunity to get all these pax to try Carnival where they might not have otherwise given Carnival can chance.

A savvy Carnival marketer would say show us your cancelled booking on Royal and get a savings on your carnival booking.

Royal Oasis of the Seas - 2013 {pending}
Disney Fantasy - 2013
Disney Dream - 2012
Royal Freedom of the Seas - 2011
HAL Eurodam - 2011
Royal Grandeur of the Seas - 2010
Carnival Dream - 2010
Grand Princess - 2002
Royal Voyageur of the Seas - 2000
Royal Sovereign of the Seas - 1999
Carnival Ecstacy - 1991
Old September 13th, 2013, 11:33 PM
Admiral

I can't see all that's supposedly wrong with Carnival when you look at and listen to people complain about all the other lines too.---The food on ZZZ was bad, the beds on XXX was bad, the service on CCC was bad , the steward on BBB line didn't get my ice to me on time. I had to wait to board XYZ line for 2 hours, although I got there in line at 9 a.m.--RCCl is going to have a non-smoking policy except in restricted areas--therefore I won't cruise with them again--bad people--bad people that RCCL bunch--won't let me smoke where I want to--- then you have the ones who say they can't use their balcony because someone 3 balconies up was smoking and so it goes. I don't care what cruise line it is nor how they try, in many cases the harder they try to please the masses, there's always going to be a certain number of people who will habitually complain about something--plain and simple.
You can always find some minor thing to nit-pick if that's what you set out to do and some do it. Re / the vacation guarantee, of course there will be some who will try to abuse it, just as there's people who will try to abuse anything that's out there, whether on a cruise line or a refund policy at Walmart. I was just a little while ago looking at cruises on HAL and saw where someone had supposedly been on 20 cruises and went on Hal once and it was absolutely terrible, according to him ( no, it wasn't on this site )
Just human nature in some folks--the waters too rough--the suns too hot- ( no kidding--you didn't know it would be hot in the Tropics ? )
I think Carnival has went through some changes after Bob left that weren't necessarily good for them but all in all, how could they help the incidents that have had some people, especially the news media on them like bark on a tree?
A train de-rails and people are killed--big news for a couple of days-- A bus wrecks and people are killed--big news for a couple of days-- A ship loses power and is in no danger of sinking, they have all kinds of help standing by and weeks and months later it's still in some news stories--In the case where the Dream was in Mexico and the back up generators wouldn't work, they never lost power--the main engines were working perfectly fine and they chose not to take a chance on coming home without the back up supply working as it should--they bent over backwards to assist and help people all they could--it's a little more complicated to move several thousand people at a few hours notice than just calling an airline and saying, " oh well, we need a dozen planes today at noon".
Read the cruise boards and see if someone , somewhere , isn't complaining about some cruise line at any given time.
No, I'm not employed by Carnival and it's not necessarily my favorite line--but you get what you pay for and in Carnival's case, I think for the money you spend, you get a heck of a value. Having been on 40+ cruises on most of the major lines, it's hard to beat--they do some things better than RCCL, some RCCL things may be a shade better and etc --that's why we have a lot of different lines--Celebrity is touted as a wonderful line---upscale acording to many--it IS a wonderful line--but I sailed Celebrity several times when they first started --they were better then than now, but that doesn't mean they are not a good cruise line.
One guy will complain if it rains and the guy next door will be singing the praises of the rain because he felt it was needed---human nature.
My advice would be, if you want perfect service, and a flawless cruise, dig into the hip pocket and book the most expensive line and the most expensive cabin--then I'll say you could still find some minor flaw if that's the way your mind set is.
I know not what line others may take, but as for me, come Jan . I'll be on the Dream--then on RCCL and I plan to enjoy both!
Happy sails to all and don't let the negative few fill your mind with doubts about the small stuff! They are all ships, they float, they move --they will ride rough if the water is rough-- you will in most cases , get good service, depending on what you expect and call good service, and how you treat the staff--so sail on and enjoy!