CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Carnival Cruise Lines (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/)
-   -   When are the formal nights on an 8 day cruise? (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/400369-when-formal-nights-8-day-cruise.html)

AKcruiser December 29th, 2013 05:54 PM

When are the formal nights on an 8 day cruise?

Hi Everyone,

After 3 years we are finally going on a cruise again! We will be sailing on the Carnival Sunshine May 30, 2014. Can someone please tell me when the formal nights are on 8 night cruises? I want to make reservations in the steakhouse and don't want to make them on one of the formal nights. Thanks in advance...

mikervas January 22nd, 2014 12:09 AM

Hey there,
Nice to hear that someone is back to cruise again because m a cruise lover. Actually, i dunno much about it but i use a site which is all in one and that is why i save it to my signature. You can ask your question to them and hope they can help you in a better way!!

thanks.

green_rd January 22nd, 2014 06:36 AM

AK,
Glad to see you are cruising again. It will depend on your itinerary, but generally the formal nights are the first sea day and the first return sea day. If the second day is before the last night of the cruise then the formal night wil be the day before.

rollerdonna January 22nd, 2014 08:22 AM

Welcome back to cruising! Often the formal nights are the 2nd night out and the 2nd to last night, but I would call Carnival regarding your specific ship and itinerary, they may be able to help.

donna

AKcruiser April 13th, 2014 02:23 AM

Thank you everyone. I took Rollerdonna's advice and gave Carnival a call. They confirmend that the formal nights will be the 2nd night and the next tot last night.

AKcruiser

pasozin April 22nd, 2014 07:14 PM

On a side note.... If you dine at the steakhouse on the first night of the cruise, you will also get a free bottle of wine. Your choice of red or white, and you can take the unfinished bottle with you.

Dannyboy May 6th, 2014 10:40 PM

750 ml

Quote:

Originally Posted by pasozin (Post 1499202)
On a side note.... If you dine at the steakhouse on the first night of the cruise, you will also get a free bottle of wine. Your choice of red or white, and you can take the unfinished bottle with you.

A bottle is only 4 glasses.

briguy May 7th, 2014 03:09 PM

Free is free..

AKcruiser May 9th, 2014 12:11 AM

Thank you for your replies..Can't wait to sail!

maurice.cowell May 25th, 2014 04:01 AM

You have to observe the dress code,Yes, we have rather mixed feelings about dress codes on cruises but the important thing is to respect what’s required by the cruise line you've chosen to travel with and your fellow passengers. I think that's very easy to follow.