CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Carnival Cruise Lines (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/)
-   -   Any ideas???? (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/401124-any-ideas.html)

marysed February 23rd, 2014 08:10 PM

Any ideas????

Going to Montego Bay, Jamaica and Grand Cayman Islands. We have never been to either of these places would like to hear some ideas what to do there and some feed back from people that have been there. Thanks in advance.

storybookcruises.com February 23rd, 2014 08:27 PM

Not much to do at Montego Bay, unless you take an organized shore excursion (I don't suggest Carnival's excursions) or want to spend a day at an all-inclusive resort..

As for Grand Cayman, depends on what you want to do. 7-Mile Beach is awesome if you want to spend a day at the beach. Sting Ray City is great for snorkeling with the sting rays. You can use public transportation to go to the beach, the turtle farm, or the little tourist trap call Hell. There is some good shopping, albeit expensive since it's a British commonwealth. And some great snorkeling.

Pete

Donna February 24th, 2014 04:53 AM

We did a really fun zip line from Montego Bay and in Grand Cayman the highlight there is to snorkel with the Sting Rays...Just look through all the excursions offered and select what appeals to you...

dhudd March 2nd, 2014 02:17 PM

5 Attachment(s)
While in Grand Cayman Island...don't forget to go to "Hell"... You can send a post card from there and tell your Boss or Friends to "Go to Hell".

WendyR March 2nd, 2014 04:54 PM

We went to Sunset Beach Resort, Spa & Waterpark in Jamaica and spent day there and then checked out Margaritaville. This was in 2005 and our kids were younger then (5 & 12, nephew 8, niece 3) but we all had a good time. I know that Sunset has added some things since we were there. If I remember correctly we arranged a taxi for the whole day when we got to Jamaica.
We did the Hell/Turtle Farm Tour with Captain Marvin's Tours in Grand Cayman. They were great.

Aerogirl March 2nd, 2014 05:25 PM

For GC our second time we did the stingray swim and snorkel , first time we did a ship tour going to the turtle farm, Hell,rum point and a few other stops. If your looking for a beach day 7 mile beach is good.
For Jamaica we did Dunnes River Falls but our port was Ochos Rios .
Hope this helps.

zydecocruiser March 3rd, 2014 05:11 PM

If up for an adventure, last time in Montego Bay I took the "shuttle bus" to the Shoppes at Rose Hall and then walked to Rose Hall and took the tour. Pretty interesting.

In Grand Cayman, I like the sting ray excursion offered by Soto's Cruises
Stingray City | Grand Cayman Tours | Sotos Cruises Daily Since 1987

I have lots of pictures from both.

Paul Motter March 5th, 2014 02:12 PM

Be VERY careful in Jamaica - it is NOT recommended to go out on you r own there - always take an organized tour.

The two I have dome that I enjoyed the most were (1) zip-lining in the jungle and (2) horseback riding where the horses actually swim in the ocean with you on their backs.

Trip March 5th, 2014 03:32 PM

I would suggest not to take the island tour in Montego, if by chance you were thinking about it. One of the highlights was a small strip mall, with a store like 7/11...another was a craft type fair up a hill,and we toured a "luxury" neighborhood. oh my.....

I think sticking to sports excursions is a better bet...but, doing the ships excursions is the way to go in this port.