Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 31st, 2018, 08:42 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Default Beverage Policy Question

Hello,

First time cruiser here. I know I can bring on 12 soda cans per person. I also understand that sodas aren't included in package purchase price.

I understand that if I purchase the bottomless bubbles package I will be served soda in the dining room/buffet when requested.

My question is, if I do not purchase the bottomless bubbles package am I allowed to bring my carry-on soda into the dining room/buffet?

I called Carnival and was told I cannot. The representative seemed unsure so I called again, spoke to someone different and was told I am allowed to.

I'm guessing I may need to call a 3rd time to try and get a solid answer but thought I'd ask here as well.

If I cannot bring my own in and am forced to purchase a soda (not liking the standard options) at these venues then I would just as well purchase the bottomless bubbles package.

Thanks in advance.

Mike
Sponsored Links
Old August 28th, 2018, 07:59 PM
Admiral

If you call Carnival 3 times you will end up with 4 different answers.

You should be able to carry a soft drink in a can into the MDR, but certainly could pour into a cup with or without ice and carry in. People even pour wine in their cabin into a glass and carry in. If what you are carrying on is sold on the ship, they can't tell if you bought somewhere on the ship, through Bon Voyage, or wherever.

You should also be able to replenish soda in ports, but make sure the price is worth it.

If all you are going to consume is a 12 pack of soda, I don't see how BB would be worth purchasing.

Done:

Carnival Horizon Transatlantic

Carnival Splendor Panama Canal

Royal Princess

Vision of the Seas

Carnival Miracle Alaska

Carnival Diamond
Princess Platinum
and more...
Old September 25th, 2018, 02:18 PM
Welcome Newcomer

yes you can bring your own soda into the MDR. I like pepsi and always bring our allotment on. I always bring a can to dinner and the waiter brings me a glass of ice for it.
Old November 28th, 2018, 04:25 PM
Welcome Newcomer

I have not cruised with Carnival before. Our last two cruises were on Norwegian and Royal Caribbean and neither allowed us to bring our own sodas on board. Do they prefer it to be checked or actually carried on by hand?

Thanks,

Kat
Old December 4th, 2018, 11:40 AM
Welcome Newcomer

They let us bring our soda into the MDR. We didn't have any issues with it.
Old December 11th, 2018, 04:58 PM
Admiral

You can carry any drink into the dining room per my experience. Wine, beer, soda, cocktail it doesn't matter.

Regards,
Thomas