Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Celebrity
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 6th, 2001, 09:00 PM
Murphy

Default Best Boarding time San Juan

We will be sailing on the Galaxy later this month, leaving from San Juan. We will be in San Juan a few days before we sail and since the ship doesn't leave port until 11:00pm, we are wondering when we should arrive at the port to avoid the most crowds. TIA for any insight!
Murphy
Sponsored Links
Old April 6th, 2001, 09:50 PM
Godfather

Default Re: Best Boarding time San Juan

Murph, Celebrity has a good number of reps. who will be helping with the checking in process. If you want to be onboard early or later is your choice. You should have no problems mon. Have a great cruise. Hoped you enjoyed San Juan. Favorite place of ours.
Old April 10th, 2001, 04:54 PM
Cruise Maniac

Murphy: We sailed the Galaxy the week of Thanksgiving. Of all the cruises I've been on, boarding it went the smoothest. We got there midafternoon and did not have to wait in line at all. I think one advantage for me to getting there later is that we received late seating. I think they fill up the early seating with passengers who arrive earlier then start giving out cards for late seating. (The first night is not at your assigned table.)

Jack
Old April 11th, 2001, 10:18 AM
s p

We were on the Galaxy last week. A great ship. Boarded ship around 3:30. Not much of a line. The food was great. We had a room with a balcony. Well worth the extra money. Enjoyed watching the ship come into port and leaving port from the room. We were on deck 9. Late seating for dinner. Any questions just let me know.
Old April 17th, 2001, 10:17 AM
Tewtey

We were on the Galaxy last week. We arrived at the port at about 11:45 and we were on the ship by 12:00. You can go to any open dinner seating that you want. We did get a 6:00 card but went to dinner at 8:00.
Old April 18th, 2001, 08:29 PM
Murphy

Thanks for all the info! We leave a week from tomorrow and just found out today we got upgraded from at cat 2 to a Sky Suite, so we are dancing on air! We prefer early seating anyway, so that's not really a concern. I'd like to get a late check out and stay at the hotel until 2:00 or so, but if it is anything like our last cruise, we will be up at the crack of dawn watching for the ship to sail into port and be at the port before noon! Last time we had grand visions of checking in, booking shore excursions and getting back off the ship for the afternoon, but once we were onboard we were way to excited to leave again and never went back into port! Bon Voyage! Murphy