Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Celebrity
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 2nd, 2001, 04:12 PM
Kerry Jo

Default Charter Flights and other options?

My family and I (5 adults) are traveling on the Celebrity Cruise 5/31 from Istanbul to Barcelona. I had read various notes about getting 'air deviations' which allow you to make special travel arrangements whenever possible and asked my TA about them. She told me that no special arrangements could be made until 30 days before the trip.

When I called today I found out we are booked on a charter flight out of NY, and there is no possibility getting assigned seats (to ensure we all sit together) or for that matter making other travel arrangements.

Has anyone had any experience with these charter flights and larger families? There are no children, so I suppose we'll live if we don't sit together, but with such a long flight, I was looking forward to the comfort of knowing my seatmate. Any thoughts or suggestions?

Thanks,
KJ
Sponsored Links
Old May 2nd, 2001, 06:16 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki
Default Re: Charter Flights and other options?

<<My family and I (5 adults) are traveling on the Celebrity Cruise 5/31 from Istanbul to Barcelona. I had read various notes about getting 'air deviations' which allow you to make special travel arrangements whenever possible and asked my TA about them. She told me that no special arrangements could be made until 30 days before the trip. <<
Kerry,
If Celebrity has chartered the entire airplane, you're not likely to have too much difficulty sitting with, or close to each other. Cruisers will generally be pretty good, about moving a seat or two to accomodate<G>

As for your TA telling u no air deviation is possible until 30 days prior... This REALLY bothers me, as 30 days prior to sailing is too late to request air deviation.
If this is truly what she told U, I would find another TA! One who doesn't lie!!

Regards,
Kuki
Features Editor
<<Join us on a CruiseMates Cruise
<http://www.cruisemates.com/Articles/CMcruises/CM-cruises.cfm>
Old May 2nd, 2001, 06:42 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

Hi Kerry,
Yes, you need to make air deviations earlier than the 30 days, cause thats when most cruise lines make them. You can do them about 7 months prior and also get seating assignments at that time, well worth the extra few dollars. Hope the charter flight works out, have heard both good and bad, lets hope its good for you, enjoy the cruise!

Donnassei
Old May 2nd, 2001, 09:48 PM
Thad

Kerry,

I too will be sailing on the Millenium on the 31st. We are also on the charter out of NYC, I hope that the flight will be OK. Maybe we will run into to you on the flight or on board. Good luck.

Thad
Old May 3rd, 2001, 09:29 AM
Kerry Jo

Thanks for the info. What really bugs me is that I actually brought up the air deviations issues many times with my TA, but she kept putting me off, saying that I needed to call back 35 days before. Then when I called back, she said 30. It's a little frustrating! I need to decide if I want to complain, or just forget it. Regardless, a new TA is in order.

But hey, I'm pretty siked about the cruise anyway - it's only a few hours, we'll live!!
Old May 3rd, 2001, 05:23 PM
Carole Dunham

Book your own air folks! It's cheaper and you get to go exactly when you want. Be sure to get third party insurance as well.

Carole
Old May 3rd, 2001, 06:36 PM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via MSN to Bob

Booking your own air is not always cheaper. Checked out booking our own flights for the 5/19 cruise out of Barcelona, but our prices were considerbly higher than Celebrity. However, last year on a western Mediterrean cruise we booked our own flight and saved enough for 2 nights in Rome and 1 in Lisbon. Air prices vary.