Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Celebrity
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 22nd, 2001, 11:17 AM
Cara

Default Upgrade question...

I'm departing for my first cruise in July on the Infinity and have a question about room upgrades. I'm currently booked in a Catagory 2C (6066 on the Penthouse Deck) and am wondering if you can receive upgrades after already being assigned a specific room?

Either way.... I can't wait!

Sponsored Links
Old May 22nd, 2001, 11:32 AM
BillG

Default Re: Upgrade question...

It is possible, but rather than expecting an upgrade (which in some cases may not be to a better room or better location), plan on sailing in the room you are assigned and focus on all of the great experiences you will gain.
Old May 22nd, 2001, 01:59 PM
ehogan

If you have been assigned a cabin room then it is highly doubtful that you will receive an upgrade.
Old May 22nd, 2001, 04:54 PM
Admiral

Your cabin and location are almost perfect on the starboard side where you will be just above dock level mid-ship. We were in 6026 and it was great. With an assigned cabin, there is less chance of an upgrade, but things to happen.
Bon Voyage
Old May 22nd, 2001, 07:09 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

Cara wrote:
>
> I'm departing for my first cruise in July on the Infinity and
> have a question about room upgrades. I'm currently booked in
> a Catagory 2C (6066 on the Penthouse Deck) and am wondering
> if you can receive upgrades after already being assigned a
> specific room?
>
> Either way.... I can't wait!
>
>

Hi Cara,
No, it doesn't seem likely that you will get one, once having an assigned cabin. Here is a link to an article about guarantee/upgrades that pretty much explains the whole process:

<http://www.cruisemates.com/articles/cruiseguide/before/guaranteed.cfm>

Have a ball on Infinity, be sure to take lots of pics :-)

Donna
Tuesday Chat HOst
Old May 23rd, 2001, 03:09 PM
Cara

Thanks for your input! It's great to hear from someone who's been on the ship and in a similar room. Were you in a 2C? How did you like it?
Old May 25th, 2001, 08:19 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

We were on the Infinity las month in Hawaii. Upgraded from cat 11 guaratee to a 2c!!!! We were in cabin 6039 and absolutely loved it!!! Two couples we were travelling with were in a 1B and a 2B . Both were ticked off when they saw our room because they had paid a much higher price. The cat 1 rooms are only a couple of feet larger than the cat 2's . Not enough to make a big difference unless you have 3 or 4 people in your cabin and every inch counts! We were so happy with the cabin that we will never book a cabin that doesn't have a balcony again.
We have already booked the Summit for next April (11 days in the Caribbean!)
and we booked a balcony. The room sizes are very adequate and you have a good amount of storage space. We were concerned at first because our room had a pullman upper bunk in it and we hate to have those things sticking out a foot from the wall. Well, the Millenium class ships have them recessed into the ceiling!! You would never know that it's there. Have a wonderful time and believe me, you're not really missing anything if you're not upgraded to a cat 1.
Happy sailing!

Monarch of the Seas 94
Star Princess 96
Grand Princess 98
Century 99
Infinity 00
Summit 01 !!!!!
Old June 1st, 2001, 12:36 AM
First Mate

you can get upgraded even after youre on the ship-- but it will cost you the difference between what you paid for your cabin and the rate at the day of sailing-- so if you got a great deal on your 2c-- don't even think about it-- however, ifyou paid a premium for your 2c-- you might get upgraded for a few dollars. We paid so little for our 2c, the cost to upgrade was a few thousand dollars-- however, I met people who upgraded to a CS-- for only $500 for the cabin-- but I didnt ask what they paid for their cabin in the first place. There is a special desk after you check in at the port, and they will let you know if space is available-- we tried to get an extra cabin for the girls-- which meant we had to move up a floor-- to a 2b or 2a or 1b or 1a.
However, after all that , I will say that you will be happy with your 2c if there are only 2 of you travelling, or if your kids are small. If-- like we did-- you have larger children (2 young teen girls) you will find yourselves in tight quarters. Especially if you have someone sleeping on the sofa (loveseat) bed. It's very hard to climb over to use the deck if someone is sleeping.