Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Celebrity
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 26th, 2001, 08:20 PM
cc

Default "Promenade" Deck on Infinity/Summit

Been quite happy with Princess, but thinking of trying Celebrity. I'm also an avid walker, and absolutely love the promenade decks on the Princess ships that go completely around the ship. It looks like the Promenade on the Infinity and Summit does not go all the way around the back of the ship, but I can't tell by the picture in the brochure if it at least goes around the front of the ship. Can you walk from side to side around the front? Or is it just open on each side?
Sponsored Links
Old June 26th, 2001, 09:39 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: "Promenade" Deck on Infinity/Summit

Not sure, but they do have a seperate walking/jogging track on the higher open deck (Sports Deck). Celebrity is a great cruise line. I am sure that you will be pleased.
Old June 26th, 2001, 10:48 PM
First Mate

The promenade ends at the bow. The picture is a view from the end.

jeff

Old June 27th, 2001, 06:43 PM
Benjamin Smith

You'd love HAL ships as well. Celebrity's promenade deck on the Millennium class goes nowhere, not around the back, not around the bow, nowhere. It's not teak either.

Try Century, Galaxy or Mercury, they have teak promenade decks that at least wrap around the back, though not the bow of the ship. You must go up 1 flight of stairs that are on the deck about 3/4's of the way aft to go around the stern however, so you'll get a bit of stairclimbing as well.
Old June 27th, 2001, 08:21 PM
cc

Thanks for the picture and the details. At least I'll be prepared and not be disappointed (no wrap-around, teak decks) if I choose to go on the Infinity!
Old June 28th, 2001, 07:23 PM
Mary Lou

I would guess that might be the only thing you are disappointed in if you decide to try Infinity. My hubby and I sailed on Millennium and we walked every morning on the walking track. We absolutely loved Milli and I'm sure you would have a wonderful time on Infinity. Let us know what you decide. BTW, which Princess ships have you sailed on? I'm trying Princess for the first time in December. Up until now, I've only sailed with Celebrity.
I would love if you would stop in the chatroom weeknights beginning at 9 p.m. Eastern Time. I would love to hear your thoughts on Princess.
Mary Lou
Thursday Chat Host
Old June 28th, 2001, 08:19 PM
Cruise Maniac

Don' let the lack of a track on the Promenade deck deter you from trying Infinity,
Milli. or Summit. There is a walking track on the Sports deck that should meet
your needs. I agree that the Promenade decks on Princess have a lot to be said,
but the new ships have other compensating features. ENJOY
Old June 29th, 2001, 09:28 AM
cc

No, I haven't been in the chat rooms yet, but will have to try that. I've certainly appreciated all of the wonderful replies I've received through the message boards. It's a tremendous help when planning cruises. Yes, we've cruised Princess several times, and like I said, we've been most satisifed with all aspects of the cruise experience including embarking, disembarking, post-cruise packages and everything. Yes, those wrap-around teak decks with the classic lounge chairs (Sun, Sea, Dawn, and Ocean) are fabulous. So far, we've cruised the Grand, Sun, Sea, and Royal, and loved them all. They all have unique features so it's difficult to pick which one we like best. We'd cruise with Princess any time. We cruised to Hawaii last year and want to return again because we loved it so much, but just throught we'd try a different cruise line. Many people have recommended Celebrity. I'll take your advice and try to get into the chat room.
Old July 1st, 2001, 08:50 AM
Passenger

cc,

I really think you would enjoy the Millennium, Infinity, or Summit as much as the Princess ships.

We also have been on 3 Princess ships...Grand, Sea, Sun and loved each one.

However, we have also been on two Celebrity ships...Mercury and Millennium. We loved the Millennium so much that we booked the Infinity for this December. The service, food, and cabins are by far, the best we have experienced.

Have fun cruising!!!
Rose