Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Celebrity
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 2nd, 2001, 01:16 AM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to Lorie
Default Cabin near elevator on Summit?

We are currently booked in a 2C balcony cabin on the Summit in April, but are thinking of upgrading to get a larger balcony. As the sailing is nearly sold-out, we our looking at only a few cabins, namly those near the aft elevators. Has anyone sailed on the Millenium or Infinity had a cabin near the elevators, and how is the noise? I'm not too worried about noise from other passengers, but more from the elevators themselves.

Any input would be most appreciated!

Lorie
Sponsored Links
Old July 2nd, 2001, 09:57 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Cabin near elevator on Summit?

I have a 2B booked on the Summit - near the aft elevators (#7178) - the balconies are a little larger there. I have talked to someone who had this exact cabin on the Millennium and someone else who had #7175 - the same cabin on the port side. Both said there was never any noise from the elevators. The cabins themselves are in an inner hallway - so its not like you are right next to the elevators. I am very happy with this location.
Old July 2nd, 2001, 01:06 PM
Admiral

Hi - i always choose a cabin near an elevator. I cant stand the long walk to our cabin down endless hallways. We never have a problem with noise of any kind. It is very convenient.
Old July 2nd, 2001, 01:14 PM
marjmy

Cindy,
Quick ?, re: 7178 cabin, did these people indicate to you as to whether the above overhang prevented the sun from hitting the verandah? Just wondering as we have cabin 7179 1c booked on the summit, what is the difference from the 2c and the 1c on the same deck???
thanks
Marjmy
Old July 3rd, 2001, 10:04 AM
Admiral

marjmy, what kind of overhang do you mean? It just looks like a balcony is above your cabin or mine. They said the balcony was perfect - so I assume there was no blockage from the sun. The 1C's are called "premium" ocean-view staterooms with veranda and the 2B's and 2C's are called "deluxe" ocean-view staterooms with veranda. The 1C's that are at the very back (aft) on the Vista deck have larger verandas than the other 1C's on the same deck (yours included). On the Penthouse deck, the 1C's have larger verandas. Does this help you? When are you sailing on the Summit?
Old July 5th, 2001, 10:27 AM
Admiral

On the Millennium we were in 6146 Penthouse right near the forward elevators and we never heard traffic to or from the elevator bank. There was more noise from our neighbors, who were quickly advised to turn it down! soundproofing between cabins was poor for a brand new ship. The 2c balcony was nice for 2 chairs and a small table. Great way to watch the world go by. For the amount of time you would be lounging in the sun on a balcony, the cost and choice of cabin does not seem worth it.
Bon Voyage
Old July 8th, 2001, 10:46 AM
Cruise Maniac

We were in Cabin #8042 on Millenium. Great location in alcove near elevators. No noise! Gail and Harry